• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Young Justice OC AU

Who was the best original team character?

• Aqualad

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Artemis

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Miss Martian

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Robin

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Kid Flash

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Superboy

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Zatanna

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Rocket

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Livson

Absolute Queen
Hello! I have recently managed to get back online, and to my utmost surprise there were no Young Justice role plays running! Before I left, there always seemed to be at least one at any given time. So, as is no doubt obvious, I have decided to celebrate my return with the opening of my own!

youngjusticelegacyfull.jpg

Similar to the first season of Young Justice, this rp will involve a group of 5-7 superheroes between the ages of 13-18 who work together as a co-ops team for the league. That, though, is where the similarities end. The story line will be different, the villains different, and (obviously) the characters different. Instead of becoming a team as they did in YJ, our story will begin with a situation similar to that of the episode Misplaced, or the 1998 YJ storyline where all adults disappear. The reason for it will be different to both, and will be revealed in-story. From there, things will escalate.

Though it is stated to be an OC roleplay, this is not necessarily the case. You should feel more than welcome to play a pre-existing character from the dc universe on one condition: They must not have appeared in the first season of Young Justice. Feel free to alter them as much as you would like, as well. Seven characters maximum and five minimum will be accepted. It's not first in best dressed.

Tips to creating an accepted character:
- Range of age, gender and abilities: I don't want 3 martians or 5 thirteen year olds. If that happens, most of those characters will not be accepted in favour of more original ones.
- Connection to existing lore: whether it be a symbol or a species, I am always more likely to choose a character in line with dc canon than an outlier. While that definitely does not mean an original character cannot be accepted, it does mean they would have to have a very well written back story.
- Well written: I mean...obviously.
- A friendly writer: I plan for this to be a long term thing, with ooc interactions between writers. This means it's not just your character under judgement, it's you and your mannerisms. If you're blunt or rude, don't expect to be accepted.

To join, you will need basic knowledge of the dc universe. Just as the show did, I plan to draw from a large amount of comic-lore. That doesn't mean, though, that you need to have all 80 years of dc history memorised, and know every character's full name and all storylines they have ever been a part of. No, just basic knowledge of how things work and a willingness to do a bit of research should a component you don't know about come into play will be necessary. You don't even have to had watched Young Justice (though why you're on this thread if you haven't is beyond me) as long as you know the premise and feel of it. Though with different main characters and a different over-arching plot, this role play should still emulate what the show did; developing the characters and storylines and relationships at breakneck speed while allowing for very lighthearted moments.

WoodenZebra WoodenZebra is my co-gm, and I expect you to listen to them. If you have any questions, come to either of us with them as we are both well-versed in dc lore.

Find the Character Sheets here :)
Find Out of Character here :)

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested and might know at least one other who is and I'm up for Co-gm. I'm pretty active now

I'm definitely interested and might know at least one other who is and I'm up for Co-gm. I'm pretty active now
That's great! I'll be glad to have you aboard, and your friend if they decide to participate. I'll shoot you a dm to discuss the co-gm position further :)

(Also, and this is miscellaneous but ironic, I was just typing up a post of interest to your PJO rp when you posted on this! Expect that up in a few.)

I'm interested. Rather than a magic-user like Zatanna my character would be using science-based superpowers.
So he'd be using mathematics, chemistry, etc. to cause the effects he wants.

I'm interested. Rather than a magic-user like Zatanna my character would be using science-based superpowers.
So he'd be using mathematics, chemistry, etc. to cause the effects he wants.
Sounds interesting! I look forward to seeing him, and will alert you when the character sheet pops up :)

That's great! I'll be glad to have you aboard, and your friend if they decide to participate. I'll shoot you a dm to discuss the co-gm position further :)

(Also, and this is miscellaneous but ironic, I was just typing up a post of interest to your PJO rp when you posted on this! Expect that up in a few.)
I saw it and was like NO WAY lol

Also interested in joining if not too late. While I'm not too sure about having enough time to accompany it, I have been craving for a RP like that for quite a while, so I figured out that I should at least try.

COLOR me interested! I have an DC-OC related to Jinx (a mix between the Fearsome Five Comics version and the Teen Titans version) that I would love to play in this!

COLOR me interested! I have an DC-OC related to Jinx (a mix between the Fearsome Five Comics version and the Teen Titans version) that I would love to play in this!
Then Welcome! Just post your character and Livson and I will get to it later. I'm always open if you need help too

I've got a character I really like from a YJ rp I tried to get off the ground a while ago. He's a Junior Member of the Green Lantern Corps who received a ring when Krona mind-controlled Mogo into sending rings out with no selection criteria. He is on a trial run now to prove whether or not he should be able to keep his. Would that work do you think? I can post him in the CS section if you think so.

I've got a character I really like from a YJ rp I tried to get off the ground a while ago. He's a Junior Member of the Green Lantern Corps who received a ring when Krona mind-controlled Mogo into sending rings out with no selection criteria. He is on a trial run now to prove whether or not he should be able to keep his. Would that work do you think? I can post him in the CS section if you think so.
Depends. Something like that isn't up to me but more of the gm. It might be a minute before he gets back on, but you could try. The kit your character is very important, so his current powers would be important and crucial I'd say. You can check out the characters to see what currently is happening. I know what characters are likely to be accepted, but I'm not sure if I can tell you or not, so just watch out for your characters kit, and backstory. So long story short, post the character so we can look at it lol

Depends. Something like that isn't up to me but more of the gm. It might be a minute before he gets back on, but you could try. The kit your character is very important, so his current powers would be important and crucial I'd say. You can check out the characters to see what currently is happening. I know what characters are likely to be accepted, but I'm not sure if I can tell you or not, so just watch out for your characters kit, and backstory. So long story short, post the character so we can look at it lol

Great! Sorry to ask so many questions. Just very excited at the prospect, especially excited by the effort put into so many of these characters. I've just posted a character in the Sheet section! :)

Y'all are centuries too late. This already flopped, another one has already been made and it is already full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back