• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

You Lose Everyone When You Break Your Face! [Closed For Now]

Plague Doctor

Healer With a Penchant For Harm
Hello everyone. I recently needed to take a forced hiatus due to a car accident that quite literally broke my face --or rather, the skull behind it. I've returned now, but I do not have any partners left with which to roleplay. I'd like to petition you dear RpN reader to be one of my new partners. Before you make the decision to reply however, allow me to tell you a bit about myself and what you can expect from me:

• I am a male of 25 years.
  • I have been roleplaying since I was 11
  • I tend to post at minimum once a day
  • My posts range from 3-5 paragraphs in length, but will often exceed if the material is there to work with
  • I play male and female characters, though I prefer to play male
  • I do MxF, FxF, and MxM pairings
  • I am on for certain every Monday through Friday 8am-4pm EST
  • You can expect a character sheet from me for every roleplay
  • Slice of life is the bane of my existence

Now that you have that small insight, allow me to express what I will expect from you:

• Detailed posts of 2+ paragraphs in length
  • 18 years of age or greater
  • Contribution to advancement of the plot
  • A character sheet similar to mine in detail
  • OOC interaction
  • Keeping me informed on whether or not you need to quit the roleplay or otherwise disappear

Alright, there we are. Now that we have that out of the way, I'll tell you what I enjoy so that you might get a taste for what to expect. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and there are likely many, many other things I would be willing to play. My tastes are expansive as are my fandoms. Roles I prefer (if applicable) are in bold:

• Fandom

1. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Metro 2033 Series
  4. Dead Space
  5. Resident Evil
  6. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  7. Warhammer 40k Universe
  8. League of Legends
  9. Overwatch
  10. Diablo
  11. Metroid
  12. Warframe
  13. Dark Souls
  14. Bloodbourne
  15. Fire Emblem

• Original Plots

1. "The Demons You Keep" -- The mysterious nature of the forces beyond the veil have intrigued humanity since times immemorial. Much of the truth has been lost in this modern age, and only the pop culture of horned soul-hungry beasts remain. A young rebellious woman --a criminal, a runaway, a tough-skinned punk-- stumbles upon an old tome while stealing from an antique shop. Adding it to her haul of lifted goods she later reads the tome in an abandoned old apartment. Driven by equal parts desperation and amusement at the absurdity, she practices a summoning ritual which yields the unexpected. A demon in flesh and blood appears before her, but it is not as one might imagine. Different sects of demons hold true to differing ideals, and that which heeded her call is a Demon of Retribution. He reveals that the two are now bound, and that in time he will make her a demon as well. As her teachings progress she must decide to renounce the darkness in her heart, or harness it. Themes: Redemption, Adventure
  2. "Method Acting" -- A famous actress is particularly rude to an elderly woman one day on the street; not a particularly unusual circumstance given her vain and self-absorbed demeanor. This old woman however, is a potent sorceress who lays a curse upon the actress. That night, when she falls asleep, the actress will be forced to live the lives of every character she'd ever played one after the next... as herself. It might not have been so bad, if she were not Hollywood's most prolific action and horror star! Themes: Character Growth, Horror and/or Action
  3. "Make A Wish, Dammit!" -- A genie trapped in a lamp is discovered by a monster hunter in the lair of his most recent target. The lamp is activated when he inspects the curious artifact. Like many genies (or Djinn, if you prefer) she wants nothing more than to punish his greed and twist his wishes. The problem? He doesn't want anything! The hunter appears perfectly kind and desires only to help others and aspire to heroic feats like his father and grandfather before him. The genie is of course skeptical of him all the while and looking everywhere she can for flaws in his character. Her goal is to force him to use his wishes in a selfish manner, for if she can punish one more mortal she'll finally be free of the lamp! Themes: Unlikely friendship, romance, adventure
  4. "Condemnation" -- In a near-future setting, Earth is set upon by an overwhelming alien force who demolish our chances to fight back mere hours after first contact. Their goal however, is not conquest. They demand a champion of humanity to compete in a sort of gladiatorial tournament. The human is to be selected randomly by the aliens via census data and scanning, and it is the job of humanity to prepare their gladiator the best they can given a single Galactic Standard Year -- or 1.341 Earth years... defeated races are exterminated, after all. The selected gladiator is an unassuming person having always daydreamed about greatness, but suddenly green in the face at the prospect of shouldering the survival of an entire world. A 'secondary' gladiator is selected in order to ensure humanity has a backup should something happen to the primary gladiator before the games. This 'secondary' gladiator happens to be a famous individual (celebrity of some variety) who is used to the limelight. The plot follows them through training and into the games. The secondary character may be a real celebrity of some variety, if my partner so chooses --though they will have to be the player of said gladiator. Themes: Romance, character growth, morality
  5. "It's About Time" -- This plot is for any setting. Character A can see the future, but exists inside the scope of their vision and cannot change the outcome. Character B exists outside of time and can change the future, but not see what needs to be changed in order to achieve the desired outcome. The pair of course, meets and attempts to better the world. It is tricky however, to keep Character A's actions relevant but non-effective, as they would work toward causing the undesired outcome. Themes: Time alteration, philosophy, adventure"
  6. "The Doctors" -- This plot is for a Victorian/Renaissance era fantasy setting. A massive city succumbs to a horrific illness that turns the afflicted into mindless husks and terrifying beasts. The unafflicted die or are infected within days, and in a few short weeks the monsters outnumber the survivors ten to one. The source of the plague seems to be misuse of magic, though the truth is far more sinister. Doctors and scientists that managed to crack the cause have utilized the same measures to inoculate themselves against the plague in much the same way the plague itself spreads. A sort of power is found in this 'vaccine' but far too late to save the general population. As of yet there is no cure other than death, and many of the former doctors and scientists have formed a loose coalition to both purge the infected and hunt down remaining survivors. They call themselves 'The Doctors' and they live on the cusp of insanity themselves. In this world of eldrich horror and madness, few are yet ambitious enough to seek the source and end the nightmare once and or all. Themes: Horror, survival, action

• And here are some fandom plots:

1. Star Wars: The Old Republic setting. "Hearts of Gray" -- Character A is a former Sith, disillusioned with the endless cycled or death and murder. Character A believes in passion and controlled emotion, and following the heart. Sometimes this whimsy will read like weakness to a pure Sith --interested only in power. To a Jedi it might appear to be the path to the Dark Side. Unable to find asylum in either camp, the formerly notorious force wielder assumes an identity as a Bounty Hunter. Eventually they encounter Character B who is in caught in the throes of Dark Side power, enveloped and fully submitting to the unadulterated rush of power. By happenstance or fate, the pair travel together on a mission of great importance where Character A slowly chips away at Character B in trying to redeem them. Then of course, Character B discovers that Character A is secretly a notorious Sith. Themes: Redemption, moral adventure, action, fandom.
  2. Bloodbourne setting. "Eldritch Eclipse" -- The Nightmare of Yharnam has ended, and the hunter submitted their life to be free of the Hunter's Dream. But just because all was forgotten, does not mean all was lost. Fate followed the hunter to a new city and a new problem. The horror of the corrupted Great Ones sprout anew and the Blood Echoes return to once more make a Hunter out of the amnesiac veteran. When the hunter returns to the dream they find maddeningly familiar tools of the trade and a melancholy Doll. Themes: Horror, survival, action, fandom.
  3. Exalted setting. "Shadows of Gold" -- The Black Heron, a disgraced Deathlord, facing torture and suffering the likes of which no mortal can fathom, has experienced a forcible injection of humanity. No being can suffer as such and not come to understand the suffering they in turn have caused. Like any other, she yearns for freedom. She maintains a lone Exaltation --a single Abyssal Dusk. It is her only means of salvation, but if she is to be freed from her punishment she must choose the right champion. Yes, a soul strong enough to withstand what darkness she cannot shield them from. A soul who believes in redemption at any cost. Perhaps, a fallen Solar. Themes: Redemption, romance, moral adventure, action, fandom.

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhodochrosite said:
Are you open to other Fandoms?
As long as I know the fandom, of course! What did you have in mind? Or if you'd prefer, shoot me a PM and we can chat to your heart's content!

You lost me at Mass Effect! It is, undoubtaby, my favorite game series of all time. If you aren't in the mood for it though, the second plot -- "Method Acting" -- sounds great!

Clairvoyance said:
You lost me at Mass Effect! It is, undoubtaby, my favorite game series of all time. If you aren't in the mood for it though, the second plot -- "Method Acting" -- sounds great!
SerenaStark said:
OMG i'm down for resident evil!!
PM's coming out.

Hello! I love your "The Demons You Keep" concept. But I'm exceptionally new, so I'm not sure if I can receive/send PMs for another 8 messages or so.

Fuzziestudios said:
._.
Wow, judging me by my age. How original.
I'm not being judgmental. I don't think you cannot or should not roleplay. I am nearly twice your age, and regardless of your skill or competency that would make me uncomfortable. Past negative experiences have influenced this requirement, and it is not something I intend to go back on. I'm sorry if I've upset you, or if you feel slighted. I do however, wish you luck in your search.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, I'm really in love with "Hearts of Gray", because I haven't done an Old Republic styled Star Wars roleplay in a very long time, but all of your plots look fantastic. I'd love to hear from you if you're still looking for partners!

1614xw.jpg

Marshmallow, present.

Hello there, my name is Marshmallow but you can call me Mars too. Nice to meet you.

I am currently unemployed as I quit college this June and am now learning to drive and searching for work. This can cause some disruptions in my days and it can be that I don’t respond for several days, so please take note of that. I’m only human. T_T But I’ll be replying as fast as possible and there will be (a lot of) times that I respond within an hour after your post. But then again, there’s the thing of time zones, I’m in the UTC+2 time zone currently, Belgium.

I can write from 1 paragraph to multiple ones. It depend on how my muse is but I tend to write what I’m feeling is right at that moment and make it as interesting as possible. If you feel like there is something missing, please notify me and I will overlook it and try to make my next post better.

For your Fandoms I’m interested in
League of Legends.

For your Original Plots I’m interested in:

> The Demons You Keep

> Make A Wish, Dammit !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back