Do you prefer Xbox 1 or PS4?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 1

• Neither/Other

• Total voters
As a hardcore PS2 gamer (yes those exist) who goes full tryhard at Starwars Battlefront 2, I say PS4 because when I tried those next gen monsters, the PS4 was smoother. Also, I didn't have to play NBA 2K15 with a face scan so that's a plus.

If a gaming computer isn't an option,then the PS4. Why?

Bloodborne.

All arguments to the contrary are invalid.

It seems most people have voted for the ps4.. But remember; most people are idiots. Go with the Xbox One.

XBOX ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS4 doesn't suck, though. It's actually not half bad. I just honestly believe that Xbox titles are ultimately better than PS4 titles. Oh, and I'm too used to an Xbox controller to really get comfortable easily with another, so..... XB-1 Fan 4 life!!!!!!!!!!

PS444444444444444444444!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or just get all that crap onto a PC, that'd be awesome too.

Though out of the two I say PS4.

I have an Xbone. I quite enjoy it, and soon I will be able to play all my favorite games from 360. I plan on ascending to the master race soon enough, but for now the Xbone will do for me. Also a PS4 with 500 GB is $400 and an Xbox One with 1 TB is $400.

I've never seen much of a difference in terms of quality when it comes to the consoles, the resolution and other aspects of the two virtually identical. Although, I could be wrong, since I have poor vision.

The Xbox seems to be directed towards those that want more than just a gaming console, desiring to enjoy other forms of entertainment such as movies. If you don't find that important, they are the same, in my opinion. The online experiences are good on both platforms and the only differences worthy of mentioning appear to be price and exclusive content. Playstation is cheaper when it comes to yearly membership, but I'm not certain how much the consoles themselves cost right now.

I'd say to go with the console that has the most games that appeal to you and your friends, since a lot of popular titles seem to be on both. I personally prefer the Playstation, since I found Infamous: Second Son to be enjoyable and other exclusives didn't stand out very much. It really comes down to the games for a gamer, I believe.

I'd say, watch the E3 conferences that came on this week. That should give you an idea of what might interest you in the coming year. Personally, I'd go with Xbox Juan.

Cough Cough PCmasterrace.

No seriously though, pretty much everything on PS4 or XBONE are gonna be on PC, so if there's not anything specific you want, there's literally no reason not to just build a gaming PC.

In fact, here.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HvpZP6

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HvpZP6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-4370 3.8GHz Dual-Core Processor ($139.99 @ Micro Center)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($40.00)

Memory: Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($109.00)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($37.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($32.50 @ Newegg)

Total: $479.45

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-17 23:46 EDT-0400

(Credit to a certain person on reddit, however it's a pretty good build.)

At 500 that's about the price of a console + Games, and as you'd get games for much cheaper and such...

Heck, even this is actually about as good as either console

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MhtjK8

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MhtjK8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($69.95 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: *ECS A58F2P-M4(1.0) Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($31.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: *Asus Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($92.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Directron)

Power Supply: *EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $345.88

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-17 23:46 EDT-0400

HOWEVER

If you already have a PC or don't want tone, I'd say PS4 personally if only for DISGAEA, but that's just me. lol.

[QUOTE="Alad V]If a gaming computer isn't an option,then the PS4. Why?
Bloodborne.

All arguments to the contrary are invalid.

[/QUOTE]
You forgot one last thing.

No Man's Sky

I only have a PS4 so I can't speak for the xbox one. However from hardware specs the PS4's specs are slightly better with the Ps4 having better graphics. As for the exclusives I would say that can go for either side; however I prefer PS4s exclusives. You will also get warframe(released) and Planet side 2(in closed beta) for free. If you play any JRPGs the PS4 defiantly has more then the Xbox one

InMyWorldTheSkyIsRed said:
PS4 will have the new Final Fantasy VII remake AND Kingdom Hearts 3 :D
PS4 gets FF7 earlier and maybe KH3, however they are for both systems

Last edited by a moderator:
Mordecai said:
So, a few friends and I are finally planning to move in the next gen direction and we're trying to decide what console we want to move forward with. Up until the next gen releases, I always had both playstation and Xbox (for obvious reasons), but when deciding to play with friends, we need to settle on one. Xbox/Xbox live has always been my personal baby, but I've heard great things about the updated Playstation online gaming experience.
None of us have played on the next gen consoles and I would love to hear your opinions on why you love or hate one/both of the consoles. Please keep in mind that we will be doing a lot of online gaming, as you might imagine.

Alsssso

We would love to start an RpN gaming group for whatever console we decide on. Would this be something that would be of interest to anybody?

So... help? c:

PS: Sorry about the alert. Please blame @The Dark Wizard for hijacking my avatar to send it.
Have you watched E3 this week? Microsoft officially announced full backwards compatibility for all xbox 360 games starting in fall. As well as a few new games like Halo, Gears4. Few other games that looked fun but cant remember right now. They also just launched their new elite controller, 150 bucks, but has four full mappable paddles underneath as well as longer joysticks swapable dpad and hair trigger locks for your professional FPS experience.

On the side of Playstation, they tend to have a little better hardware in terms of Frames per second and hitting 1080p more often. They also have games like the new Final Fantasy 7 remake, FF15, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid No Mans Sky and the sort for exclusives.

PErsonally i like playing games on my ps4 better for its OS, its speed and fast handling, navigable menus and the sort. But i think the xbox tends to have better First person shooters, a much better controller design and triggers, especially when it comes to games like Forza. HOWEVER while not shown yet, the new window's 10 layout and OS update for XBone is suppose to make it loads better so time will tell.

PS4 tends to gives better free games every month and PSplus is only 50 dollars a year, whereas XBone is 60 and usually only gives arcade games. I also approve of Xbox's achievement system over playstations trophy system.

Depending on the size of your TV, my playstation seems to handle my 70" tv a little better than the xbox does, but this also depends on the game and their engine used. Take our pick at what you like best. I switched to PS4 when destiny came out, do which i have 20 days logged currently, or 480 hours *coughnolifecough* but i kept my xbox, and while i almost sold it, this new game lineup for 2015-2016 rejuvenated my hope ion XBone

[QUOTE="Dai tenshi]I only have a PS4 so I can't speak for the xbox one. However from hardware specs the PS4's specs are slightly better with the Ps4 having better graphics. As for the exclusives I would say that can go for either side; however I prefer PS4s exclusives. You will also get warframe(released) and Planet side 2(in closed beta) for free.

PS4 gets FF7 earlier and maybe KH3, however they are for both systems

[/QUOTE]
Well excuuuuse me >.>

InMyWorldTheSkyIsRed said:
Well excuuuuse me >.>
Well I apologize, I just wanted the correct facts to be stated. Since if the PS4 got both as exclusives PS4 wins hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back