• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wrong place at the right time.

It felt nice to have a little companionship for once instead of just traveling on his own. "Well, despite the circumstances of our meeting, i'm glad we met Helena" He says wit ha soft smile on his face.

Helena opened her eyes at his words and turned her head to look at him. She then smiled warmly at him before talking. "And I too am glad. It is nice to finally meet someone of lower class." Helena paused for a moment. "You are down to earth and haven't got such a big ego like the men of nobility. Well at least I think that is true." She chuckled slightly before taking another bite of the rabbit.

He chuckles. "Well haven't really had all of the money, power and good upbringing to tell me that i'm better than everyone else..." he jests as he finishes up the rabbit. He leans back against the tree while he waits for her to finish. "when yer done we'll need to get moving, i'd rather not stay in one place for too long." he says as he turns the coals of the fire.

Helena nodded at him before finishing the rabbit. She placed the skewer in the fire as they didn't need it anymore and they could always make another. "Well I guess we should get moving." Helena said as she stood up. "Which direction are we going in?" She asked, knowing that they would walk in the forest and away from the path. But they were surrounded by the forest and it all looked the same for Helena.

He pulled out the compass to judge what direction to go in. "We follow the river westward so..." He looks off in the direction he had been hunting the rabbits in. "That way." He says tucking the compass in his pocket before loading the linen and blanket into the pack. "alright.. shell me get goin?" He asks now with a more comfortable smile on his face.

((Sorreh I didn't get a notification))

Helena was happier to see him more comfortable when they were ready to go. He obviously didn't want to stay here any longer, just in case they were found probably. The truth was that sbhe didn't want to stay any longer, just in case some soldiers came across them. She started walking off in the direction he had pointed in. But Helena walked a bit slower than before so Killian could catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:
As they made their way up the river he finally catches up walking alongside her. "You know... yer not quite what i expected Helena." He readjusts the pack so it sits properly on his shoulders. "Most noblewomen would be complaining by now about the temperature, or that the dirt is ruining her fancy new dress or some silly nonsense like that." he says with a slight laugh in his voice.

She laughed at what Killian said. "My father is a knight. I used to sneak into the courtyard and watch him practice." Helena admitted, but that still didn't explain it. "I guess i'm just different. You have to get on with life." The truth was that she didn't really know herself why she wasn't complaining.

He laughs. "Either way i'm glad you aren't that way, or else this trip would be an exceptionally long one." He says as he continues to talk beside her. Silence settles at the moment as they continue along the path. He scratches the back or his head. "Soooo... you have a betrothed... i keep hearing that arranged marriage seems to be the only way a noblewoman gets to see any real romance in her life." He says chuckling a little. "the thought of it feels wrong though... not getting a say in who you want to be with... or who you get to love." He says thinking about the torture that it would be if he was stuck with some random person he didn't know like that.

At that thought there was almost sadness in her eyes. Everything that he said was true, she would see no real romance. Only lies of love. "I am not betrothed. My father held off all suitors until this war ends." Helena told him. "And you are correct. I will see no real love. The men will only love my family's wealth and the title they would own if they were to marry me. Nothing more." She then thought of what everyone had said to her. That she is a woman that would mother children into the world. They viewed her as an asset. Helena did not feel equal towards men. Then again, that was the way it was meant to be.

He realized the mistake he made feeling like an insensetive asshole. "I'm sorry... i didn't mean to bring it up that way... honestly i wish that you where able to pick your own love... see real romance." He lets out a sigh. "A marriage without true love... is no marriage at all, a union where both sides are equal to one another because even a family is only as strong as it's weakest link." He says honestly wishing he knew a way he could cheer her up.

She smiled weakly at him. "No. It is alright, I am used to it. I was raised to marry someone that does not love me." What Helena didn't mention to him was that she wanted to marry someone that loved her. But of course being a Lady, it was not her place to say such things. Especially to a man, no matter what class he belonged to. All that Helena needed him to know was that she appreciated what he had said and lie about how she felt about it.

"But regardless... it's in our nature to want to feel love, to have that warm embrace, or that one soft kiss," He realizes what he saying rather quickly and finally stops talking. He felt a little embarassed that he got off on a tangent like that, though he didn't let it show. He went his whole life without anyone by his side. When his mentor passed he was alone, he could see children with their families, husbands with their wives, lovers embraced happily. It was something he dearly wanted. He wanted some acceptance, a person to have by his side, someone he could love, but he was just a thief. There wasn't anyone to care about him. He just simply had to accept that he was suppose to live his life alone.

She blushed at what he had said. But it was all true, it was in human nature to want these things. Well excluding money orientated people like her suitors. "Y-Yes...I guess it is." Helena managed to come out with, stuttering because of slight embarassment. She knew that the next thing she was going to say was out of her place, but something compelled her to ask. "What about you? Do you...have a lover?" Helena asked him shyly. If he didn't she would fully understand the loneliness that comes with having no lover. It was frustrating for her to think that she would never have one. But Helena wouldn't show that thought and emotion with him.

He chuckles. "Honestly no i dont..." he lets out a sigh. "Truth is i dont honestly think i ever will either..." he says as he feels a touch of lonliness strike at his heart. "I dont exactly have the life that meets up to a womans standards unless its one of less than savory morals...." he lets out a sigh. " but there isnt love there either... just creature selling themselves for money..." he shivers at the thought. He may be a thief but he had his pride.

At those words, she stopped dead in her tracks. For a moment, Helena stood there frozen on the spot. But then she turned to face him. "Don't you even say that about yourself!" She was almost yelling at him, her tone was...full of anger. "How dare you say that?! You are a good man. Not a creature up for hire!" Helena continued to yell at him. She didn't know why he would say those things about himself. "And how can you say that you cannot feel love if you were just talking about it?!" Helena was now getting distressed over the subject as he had a chance to love and he was just throwing it all away.

He was caught of guard by her sudden outburst. At first it was just shock but it soon wore on the sadness in his heart as she stacked in her question. He tried to keep his mouth shut but to no avail, he couldn't control himself. "Because i'm a thief ok!!" He shouts back. He stops in his tracks looking her dead in the eyes. "Because i'm a damned thief, a pickpocket, a common cur that just wanders the streets surviving off the scraps of some rich snobs pocket!" he clenches his fist feeling each blow to his emotions as he speaks his feelings. "there isn't love in my life because i'm too low of a being for someone to even give me a second look!"

He takes a deep breath trying to calm himself. "Ever since i lost my mentor, i never expected anyone to care, because no one ever did..." He closes his eyes for a second trying to disconnect himself from nothing more that the sights and sounds of the woods as a means to help regain his composure. "I've been alone for so long that its the only feeling i understand, loneliness is all i've ever had... i hate it but it's part of me, and i came to accept it... so now i just survive, that's all." He says before he finally starts walking once more.

It all made sense now. That was why he was in her house and the family's estate that night. She almost knew that he couldn't be a hunter. After all, why does a hunter need to be in a rich family's estate when soldiers surrounded it. But Helena had dismissed it as she just didn't want to believe it. He was there to steal, but that still didn't change the fact that Killian saved her life. A tear was brought to her eyes. Helena tried to hide it by looking down at the floor, but it was too obvious. Her anger was now replaced with empathy and sadness. Helena understood what he was feeling all too well. Killian was a thief, but surprisingly she didn't want to leave or back away. He was still the same person as he was before she knew what he really was. Helena let him walk away amd watched him go as she stayed put. But then after a moment or two, she walked slowly and no longer stood frozen on the spot. Helena then started to catch him up, not at all sure what to say to him.

He kept his pace for the moment feeling flustered but depressed all at the same time. He never intended on telling her that he was actually a thief, he fully planned on just taking her to her relatives collecting a reward and then leaving, simple as that. However she was in his mind, under his skin. He didn't know why her words mattered it felt like each sentence she puttered was just another question he asked himself almost everyday. It felt almost like she was his conscience made manifest and it scared him a little.

I'm getting in too deep... two days and shes already making me feel bad about what i'm doing... he thought to himself as his pace started to slow down a touch so she could catch up to him. I need to be careful or i may just come to my senses... he laughed to himself in his mind as he continued to say nothing. But why does she effect me like this... and i just growing soft?

Helena kept back from him, trying to compose herself once more. She kept silent as she didn't know what to say. Helena also didn't want to show any unnecessary emotions. But then she started to sob quietly, feeling the deep sadness he felt in his heart. Helena took it as her own pain and her own hopelessness. She had not much of an idea why she was feeling so strongly about the situation. But then Helena realised that her own situation about love was a lot like his in a way. But part of her still didn't know how to react about him being a thief. She kept on wiping away the tears that started to run down her cheeks, hoping that he wouldn't realise.

He looked over he shoulders at her noticing a slight shimmer of a tear on her cheek. He felt terrible but he didn't know how to say anything at this point.

"Seems difficult to approach me now that you know what i am isn't it..." He says as he tucks his pockets into his hands. "A man that would rather hold his breath and steal money from the dead, than grit his teeth and dance for fools." He chuckles a little. "it's almost pathetic when you think about it, almost heartless when it's worded in such a way... but as they say... misery loves company..." He says as he turns his head facing forward once more. He felt like this trip took a bad turn but he expect as much. "but dont worry, once we get you to the next town we can part way if you wish, i wont force my presence upon you any longer than need be..." He wanted to find a way to make her feel more comfortable at least until he could get her to some relatives to he could collect the reward for looking after her. He just didn't think it prudent to let her know of his motives. Even though the thought started to leave a bad taste in his mouth.

She started to speed up and try and walk at his pace. Helena wanted to say to him that he was, more or less, still the same person to her. Killian still had his personality and his kind heart. Even though he was a thief, Helena still knew that he was a good man. After all, if he was there to steal from her family's estate then how come Killian rescued her? He could have just gone in, quickly stolen all the valuables he could carry and left her in there to die. But he didn't. That is why she felt as if he was a good man.

She gritted her teeth. "Nothing makes any difference." Her voice wavered a little due to her sobbing. Part of what Helena said was a lie as finding out he was a thief was a big thing. But then part of her just wanted to get on with things. "So just suck it up and move on." She said with a harsh tone. It wasn't a Lady like thing to say, but seeing as there was no need for her to be one at this time, Helena said it anyway.

Her abrupt action caught him off guard a bit. "Well that escalated quickly..." He says chuckling a little while he rubs the back of his head. He honestly didn't expect her to act that way. It honestly surprised and impressed him at the same time. "i have to say, yer not what i expected..." he says as he continued to walk with her.

"Well many women of noble blood do not get themselves into this situation." She replied with. There was silence for a moment before speaking again. "But I would have prefered it if you had told me the truth at the start." Helena sighed. "I knew something was not quite right about you being a hunter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back