• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wrong place at the right time.

He chuckles. "only for some..." he says as he rubs his face with his hands. "some people are more fortunate than others, i was just unlucky i guess." He goes through the bag and pulls out the blanket. He goes over and puts it over her shoulders and placing some of the linen he had in the bag as a roll down as a pillow for her. "welp, i'm going to get some shuteye, might be good for you to do the same..." he lays down on the ground on the opposite side of the fire from her using the traveler pack as a pillow. "goodnight..." he says as he yawns. He shuts his eyes and without much trial hes fast asleep.

Helena smiled at his kindness ad he put the blanket around her shoulders. She took the linen and placed it where her head would rest. Helena then nodded at what he said before laying down and resting her head on the rolled up linen. As she got comfortable, Helena pulled the blanlet over her more so it came up to her chin. "Goonight Killian." She whispered as she closed her eyes. It took her a little while to get to sleep because Helena wasn't used to sleeping in a forest, out of an actual bed. There were all different sounds that startled her a little when her eyes were closed. But then she remembered that Killian would be reacting to them if it was a danger to them. So Helena then finally got to sleep, not waking up at all during the night. Helena looked at peace as she slept deeply from everything that had happened that day.

The sun seemed rise rather slow that day the light filtering through the branches and the foliage panting almost a delicate pattern on the ground around them. The birds sang their melodies greeting the morning as if nothing had happened the previous day. The breeze dance through the trees keeping a cool and calming mood to the forest.

Killian stirred waking from his sleep. He stretched and popped his joins thinking about what he was going to do this morning. His stomache growled giving him a sign of what he needed to do. He saw lady Helena laying there still sleeping peacfully the blanket slightly shifted. He pulls the blanket carefully back up to her chin and smiles. Soon he picks up his bow and quiver, slipping off into the woods to hunt for something filling to stretch their supplies while she slept. He may have been a thief but his mentor taught him how to be as good a hunter as he was a pickpocket.

She slept there peacefully, catching up with the sleep that she had missed while trying to get to sleep. Then after a while, she woke up. Helena opened her eyes slightly to first adjust her eyes to the bright beaming sunlight. When they were adjusted, she opened them fully. Helena turned her head around to look at the beautiful picturesque scenery surrounding her. Then Helena realised to her horror that Killian was not there. Startled, she abruptly sat up on the ground, using her eyes to look around for him. She panicked and called out to him. "Killian?!" He wouldn't have left her. It wasn't something she was going to even contemplate.

Last edited by a moderator:
He makes his way back to the clearing with a couple rabbits in tow when he hears her shout for his name. Without much delay he rushes for camp jumping through the bushes to the cleared ground. "Whats wrong? Helena are you ok?" He asks trying to discover the source of her distress.

Helena sighed with relief when he saw him. The panic resided and she took deep breaths to calm herself down. "I am alright...I just thought you left me..." She admitted to him with another sigh, now feeling a little embarassed for her unnecessary outcry.

He lets out a sigh of relief. "no i'm not going to leave you..." he says chuckling a little. "you've stuck with me so far, and i dont really mind the company so it would be terrible of me to just abandon you... i'm going to at least get you to your other family members. He says giving her a reassuring smile. 'and collect the possible reward for seeing her safely through as well' he thought to himself.

She smiled at him and what he had said to her. It was great to know that he wouldn't just leave her without anything or anyone to protect her. After all, Helena had no chance surviving away from a big estate, with servants and without worry of starving or dying on the streets. "That is great to know. I wouldn't survive out here on my own." She thought outloud, but directed it to him.

He sets the rabbits down and places the bow and such on the ground. "I'm going to head to the river to clean these rabbits so we have something to stretch out supplies. i should be back in a while unless you want to accompany me."

She shook off the blanket that covered her. "I would like to accompany you if that is alright." Helena replied with before slowly getting up off the floor and standing up. She blinked a few times to make sure she was truly awake before trying to walk. "Well i'm up now" Helena announced while walking over to Killian so they could both walk to the river.

They make their way to the river and he takes off his jacket and gloves. Pulling out his knife he works on cleaning them. The stench is terrible as he cuts away at the animals. "sorry about the displeasing sent, rabbits are exactly the move exciting thing to clean." He says finishing up one rabbit.

She placed one hand over her nose and mouth to try to cope with the foul scent of the rabbit. "It cannot be helped." Although the scent was terrible, Helena still found it interested to watch him work and clean up the rabbit. "So did you catch these then?" She asked the most obvious question ever, only because she was trying to make conversation.

He chuckles. "yes i did, wasn't too hard though, and i never mind hunting them they just annoy me because they are such a stinky animal." he says laughing. He finally finishes the last rabbit and puts them in a leather bag then starts making his way around the nearby area seaching for nearby branches he might suse as skewers for the rabbits.

Helena felt bad for him doing all the work. "When we need to, I can try and cook them if you would like?" She asked, trying to make herself seem more useful towards him. Helena had never cooked before, but she could sure try.

She smiled back at him. "I would love that." Helena replied before spotting a good stick for skewering the rabbit meat. She then walked back and gave it to him. "Here." Helena said before giving it to him.

He looks it up and down. "good eye lady Helena," he says chuckling. He takes up his stuff and they head back to camp. He takes time to show her how to prepare the branch to be used as a skewer so i doesn't ruing the meat.

She looked carefully at the branch he was preparing to be a skewer. Helena wanted to pay attention to all the details so she didn't mess up when she would try another time. "So how do you cook the rabbit with he skewer?" She asked, interested in learning how to cook.

"well, we take some of these herbs i collected and put then inside the cavity here..." he says putting the plants inside the split belly of the animal. "then we rest the open body on the skewer and tie the legs together as to close it up around the skewer." he says doing everything as he describes it. "then we set the base of the skewet proped so the animal is above the flame so it can cook but not burn." He hands her another skewer he made from the branch. "now you try." he says giving her a smile.

She concentrated, stuffing the rabbit full of the herbs first. Helena wasn't used to it and it felt squishy and slightly slimy. But she braved through it and finished stuffing the rabbit. Then she did as he said and rested the animal on the skewer, tying its legs together afterwards so it wouldn't fall off. Helena then held up the skewer, proud of what she had accomplished. "Is this alright?" She asked him with a huge grin on her face.

He gives her a strong affirming nod. "you sure you haven't done this before Lady Helena?" he jests with a smile on his face. 'shes nice to be around at least... maybe this trip wont be so bad' He thought to himself.

Her smile widened at his approval. She then placed it carefully with his. "No. I have never done this before." Helena confirmed, but then realised what Killian had called her. "Please, just call me Helena." She informed, wanting to be known less formally.

(omg i was wondering why you hadn't been replying it was because i forgot to reply to it myself lol i'm so sorry xD )

He gives her a soft smile. "Its a very beautiful name... Helena." He takes the next few minutes to teach her how to keep and eye and and know when it's done. "Aaand there we go..." he takes up her rabbit and hands it to her. "Here is yours, seemed to turn out really well." he says just before he takes a bite out of his rabbit.

((Haha! xD No that is fine.))

She took her rabbit from Killian and looked at it for a moment. It was certainly a different way of eating it to watch she was used to, but she didn't complain. Helena then took a bite out of her rabbit and closed her eyes as she chewed. She had eaten rabbit before, but nothing compared to this. There was a smoky taste lingering on her tongue, the meat was so tender and whatever he had stuffed it with added to the flavour. But perhaps it also helped that she cooked it herself and with Killian. A smile grew on her lips as she ate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back