• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Wrong place at the right time.

He clears his throat rather violently. "My name is Killian," he says trying to finish waking up. "What of you? Why where you in that house?" He asked as he knocked soot from his jacket.

Helena looked at him rather puzzled to why he would ask that. "I live there. That is...was my family's estate." She answered, trying to then think of what else she could say. "They thought..it would be safer...for me...there..." Helena explained, then thinking about why he was there. "But I think...that question applies to you...more than I..." Helena choked out, still not revealing her name to him just yet.

He things carefully as to how he could answer this. "I'm a hunter, i was going into town to pick up some trapping supplies when i saw the smoke." He clears his throat again. "i spotted someone in the window while she soldiers where attacking so i thought i could come help, there were a lot of soldiers at the front door so i made my why in through the back... i had to act quick since the torches didn't exactly look like they were meant for a candle light vigil." he says running his fingers through his hair. "and i found you..." He takes in a deep breath through his mouth. It hurt like crazy. He shortly lets it out through his nose.

Something didn't quite add up to her. Why would he be in the town when it was a known fact that tension there was building up? However, she let it slide...for now. "I'm Lady Helena...of Kingsbury." She told him as she thought that he should at least know her name and who she was.

"It's certainly a pleasure to meet you lady Helena, even if the circumstances werent the best..." he says giving her a friendly smile. "I'm sorry about your home..." He stands to his feet.

Helena nodded at him appreciatingly before starting to cough, bringing a hand to her mouth as she did. She had spoken a fair amount and it obviously wasn't sitting right with her lungs. Helena then winced at the slight pain that the coughing had caused. Then she rested her head back on the boulder as she tried to breathe through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Wait here..." he says as he steps out into the brush looking for something. A few minutes later he has what looks like some herbs in hand. He takes a rock and one of his knives and proceeds to cut and combined them together to make a light green paste. "Forgive me but i need you to hold still m'lady." He says as he takes the pasts and gently applies it to the center of her chest just above her cleavage trying his best not to intrude any further than her needed to also placing it lightly against her throat and then he sits back. "That should help with the burning in your lungs..." He mixture take a rather immediate effect similar to that of wintergreen. "Rememeber to breath slowly you want the effect to linger in your lungs to help with the pain..." He says trying to make it easier on her.

Eventhough he was trying to help, she couldn't help but feel slightly intruded. She blushed as he put the paste on her, looking away from him as he did. Then when he had finished, Helena turned her head to look back at him. Her cheeks were still a rosy red from when she had blushed. The paste on her throat and chest surprisingly felt cool and soothing. She breathed in and out slowly, just like Killian said to do. After a while, the pain dulled down and she felt much more comfortable. "Tha..nkyou..." Helena whispered to him with a half smile.

He gives a reasuring nod. "You should be fine after a little while, it's strong and should help keep the burns from doing any permanent damage." He says whiping his hand on his jacket before wrapping the rest of the paste in a large thick leaf. "If you feel you need to use more, just lightly apply some the the same areas i did, but only if the burning comes back." He says putting the small remedy into her hand.

Helena stared at the leaf containing the paste for a moment before lifting up her head and nodding at him. She then thought that it would probably be best if she could stand up so they could keep moving. So, Helena grabbed hold of the boulder she was resting on for support before trying to stand up. With only a few movements, Helena was unsteady and fell back on the floor. She sighed angrily with frustration. "Could...Could you help me up?" Helena asked Killian once she had calmed down a little, hoping that he would help her.

Last edited by a moderator:
He gives her a reassuring smile and holds out his hand to her. "as you wish m'lady." he says trying to be as gentlemanly as possible. Normally he didn't care but he felt bad for her. Her home was gone and she was miles away from the only person she knew and cared about.

Killian did not strike her as being the gentlemanly type and it seemed that what he was saying, was an act put on. She took his hand and used it to pull herself up. But then she stumbled and fell into him. Therefore, Helena found herself in a rather awkward situation, in a strange embrace. She quickly stood upright and pulled away from him however. "Sorry..." Helena muttered. "And you don't have to address me as that." She informed him, gaining a little confidence again.

He chuckles. "alright, just trying to be polite." He says as she finishes standing. "so... what now?" He asks trying to thing carefully how to make light of the situation.

Helena thought for a moment, but couldn't really think of anything. "I don't know...maybe we could find where my Father is..." She suggested as that was the only thing she could think of.

"that is an impossibility, last i remember he was out on the warfront and that would be the last place wee could take you... maybe there is some other family members somewhere..." He scratches his head. Perhaps they wouldn't know until a clue pretty much fell from the sky.

She thought about it again. "Well...I have family in the city of Thalduah. I believe my Mother took a trip to see one of our family members there..." Helena informed. That was probably the only place that she could go, regardless if it was safe to or not.

He scratches his head. "i dont know, Thalduah is a pretty long trip from here, without supplies we'll have to make a stop in Breens if we dont want to starve to death on the way there. but even that is some distance on its own without supplies...." He scratches his head thinking carefully. He looks over his shoulder at the ravaged town in front of him. "So we have two options, either i try and scavenge for something useful in whats left of the town... or we can try hoofing it to Breens as quickly as possible hoping we can survive on what we find out in the woods." He says placing out the options before her.

She had never been given equal say or a choice in what to do. "Maybe it would be a good idea to try and find supplies in the town." Helena suggested, as she didn't like the idea of possibly dying on the way to family. The only problem was that she had never scavenged for supplies before and she didn't know how. She hadn't even got busy with doing work, all she did was did was do things like arrange flowers for decorations.

"Alright just stick with me then and we'll be fine..." He says thinking carefully about where they should hit first, he felt distraught because this would be an opportune moment to loot some places for some easy coin but with her tagging along he would have to be sneaky about it, nothing too big easily concealable and hopefully worth a nice amount of coin, but it wasn't going to matter what valuables he got if he didn't get supplies so he'd just have to find opportunities when he had them while searching.

She nodded and started following him to the town. Helena wondered how he had actually lived his life. Was it with comfort? With hardship? Between the two? She really had no idea as she was too lucky in her upbringing and didn't know any different. Then Helena started wondering about if they would find anything in the destroyed town...

The sight was hard to take in death and destruction everywhere. Body lay strewn on the streets builldings raised to the ground. "I'm appologize for this lady Helena, it's certainly not easy on the eyes... if it feels too much for you please let me know." He says as he checks through the broken door of a mostly intact house.

Helena stood still, frozen on the spot for a moment. The sight and smell was horrendous. All she could see were charred bodies strewn across the ground and the uneasing disgusting smell of burning flesh filled her nose. It was even worse to think that one of those bodies were nearly her. She couldn't move and she just couldn't take her eyes off the sights before her. Helena felt sick to the stomach but knew that she at least had to try and overcome this to help him.

He searches the house carefully trying to find anything of use. After a couple minutes of searching he finds a traveler's pack. It's mostly empty aside from a map and a compass. He scoures the house further and finds a skillet and a blanket he can strap to he bad. He checks the cubboards and dressers for anything else. He doesn't find anything else other than a linen sheet. "This would make a nice source for bandages..." he says to himself. He manages to find a single piece of jewelry a small pendant in the nightstand which he quickly pockets for him to sell off later. They where going to need the money if they were going to make the trip. He steps out of the house seeing her unease. He thinks carefully and pulls a bandanna from his pocket. "Hold still for a second." He says as he wraps it carefully around her eyes letting it droop over her face so the sent could be masked a bit.

He takes her gently by the hand. "Just hold onto my hand and pull the bandanna down when i say to.. it will make it easier on you." He says as he guides her carefully through the town while he tries to find a better place to check. We need food and water so i'm going to have to see if the general store is still intact or at least has something salvageable.

Helena held onto his hand for dear life, squeezing it slightly to make sure that she wouldn't let go. She was glad that he had put the bandana around her eyes and part of it on her nose. It made it slightly easier as she couldn't see any of the descrustion around her, or smell the scent of burnt and rotting corpses. She stumbled a little as she walked due to the fact that she couldn't see, but Helena trusted him to guide her to wherever they were going. she trusted him with that eventhough she hardly knew him, then again he did save her life.

He carefully guides her through the streets. He manages to find the general store which is in rubble for the most part. "Dammit..." He notices the bakery is still intact for the most part so he takes her inside. He removes the bandanna, "i'll leave you here while i check the rubble of a general store outside, try and look for some food and water here while i'm gone." He spots a small sack on the table and picks it up putting it in her hand. "Put whatever you find in here, i shouldn't be gone long..." He says before leaving the bakery so they can get to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back