Other Would You Rather?

Redfork2000

The Red One
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Would you rather questions are one of the best ways to start an interesting discussion about different topics. You get to see different people's opinion on topics, and I love when people explain their reasoning behind the choice they made. Truly can leave to some very interesting insights at times.

So, this is the Would you rather thread? Basically, I'll make a would you rather question, and you guys choose which one you'd rather do or have, and if possible explain your answer. The insights on why you prefer a certain thing over the other is what really makes this interesting. Every few days I'll come back to add another would you rather question for us to discuss.

By the way, please note that if you're replying to a previous would you rather question, it's recommended that you quote that question so we can avoid confusion on which question you're replying to. Also, please try to stay on topic. You can reply to answer a question, explain your reasoning of why you chose something, or even engage in a discussion with someone else on the topic, but please avoid anything that would derail the discussion off-topic.

Ok, so here's the first Would you rather question. Feel free to discuss!

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Live in a place where it's hot all year long

or

Live in a place where it's cold all year long

We all know that there's places around the world where it's usually cold most of the time, and there's others where it's hot most of the time, but usually even then, there's usually a certain time of the year where you get a bit of relief the weather. Now, if you had to choose between living somewhere hot or somewhere cold, and that was the same temperature all year long, which one would you go for?

Where I live it's mostly hot almost all year long. And unfortunately, I'm not really someone who deals too well with heat. I get all sweaty, drink a lot of water, but still, I feel exhausted and tired when in the heat. I prefer cold a lot more. Not only is it easier to deal with, but I love snow. Back when I lived in the US, winter was one of my favorite seasons, I loved snow, and overall I feel like I adapt much better to the cold than I do to the heat. So my answer is that I'd rather live in a place where it's cold all year long. While it could sometimes get tiring to have the same cold temperature all year long, I'd honestly prefer dealing with the cold than with the heat.

So what about you guys? What would you choose? Feel free to discuss! I'll post another Would you Rather question in a few days.

I'd rather live in the cold all year round. I don't like driving in the snow so far but I'll get there. I love the snow, but I do love rain so... how cold are we talking? If the cold means it only snows I'll have to go with heat because I love rain too much to give up on it, ya know?

I keep my apartment cold. In winter I keep the windows and my patio door open. In summer I kick up that AC so it's cold. I like working out in winter, i have been jumping rope and doing that in the snow is kinda fun, but jumping rope in rain? Amazing!

I love hearing the rain so even if it's hot i will leave my window open when it's raining. I wake up sweaty and wet and so warm, but it's comforting to lay there in my puddle and listen to the rain.

So cold all the way UNLESS I need it to be hot for the rain, then I'll deal with the hot.

Alternatively, I shower every day and don't use deodorant in the winter but in summer I have to use deodorant otherwise I smell! gross.

I'd pick a place where it's hot all year long.
I hate cold. Summer is the only time of the year when I feel good because it's hot. Which also means that it's sunny and the trees are green and flowers are growing. Where I live most of the year is cold, dull and depressing when everything is grey and you don't see any sun or blue sky for weeks. Snow? yeah it's pretty when it just appears but quickly gets dirty and disgusting. I can live without it as long as means that it's not cold. Even if I feel physically sick when it's too hot I can put up with that because I feel better mentally than during cold months.

Depends which one is more windy
But if wind isn't a factor, then I'd say cold
I'm more drawn to water
It's kinda my thing
Let's say that

Very cool! Glad to see several users are joining in for the topics.

So here a new would you rather question that might get you thinking:

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Always have to tell the truth

or

Always have to lie

I'm sure we can all think of situations where either situation would be very hard to be in. However, if I had to choose, I'd rather always have to tell the truth. Not only out of honesty, but also because in the long run, never being able to tell the truth would bring so many problems in the way we interact with people. I'd rather have a few embarrassing moments with the old classic "does this make me look fat?" situations, than never be able to tell the truth to the people I talk to.

So what about you guys? What would you choose? Feel free to discuss! I'll post another Would you Rather question in a few days.

WOULD YOU RATHER:

or

Always have to lie

I previously would have said lie, however now I'm certain that I would have to choose truth. I have overthought this fate to a ridiculous extent. Telling the truth too often never seems to end well for me, however, how annoying would it be if in daily conversation you only ever lied??
Imagine talking to someone about your favorite game and they ask "Do you like it?" and "What happens after that?" while you're explaining the plot- and all you can do is lie. My head would explode, that is too frustrating.

I already know for a fact that I'm going to hell, if there is one.
Lie. It's better than letting people catch on.
Also, I'm not into that religious stuff, even if it is strangled throughout our history. Whether Heaven or Hell exists; that can be left for the great philosophers.
Fun fact; I learned that most modern day Jewish aren't actually Jewish. History is fun. Apparently the real Jews are still being held prisoner by every country around the world, and that long ago they had crossed through Egypt before, during, and after being enslaved. That's what Egypt means. Slaves/Slavery. Overwatch groups are odd.

Last edited:
I'd rather always tell the truth. I live my life pretty transparently, anyways. So it wouldn't be a far cry from where I'm at now. And in the situations where people ask you for information you don't want to divulge, you simply state: I don't want to answer that.

And that's not a lie.

WOULD YOU RATHER:

or

Always have to lie
Truth. By far. Of course I'd get in some deep crap for it - white lies exist to keep us sane after all, hahaha - but I'd much rather always tell the truth than lie. Firstly because... morally, people agree that honesty is a good thing. And secondly...

If you had to lie for every single thing, you would constantly be the boy who cried wolf. People are smart. They'll catch on real quickly and distance themselves from you. Maybe even lash out. Folks don't take kindly to being manipulated... And I doubt you've ever heard of pathological lying being wondrous for mental health.

Last edited:
Seems like more people are joining in to answer the questions! Here's a new one for all of you:

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Never eat rice

or

Never eat bread

This is a question I feel is a bit difficult for me, since both foods are very present in my daily diet. However, if I had to concede one of the two, I think I'd stop eating bread. I feel I eat rice more often than I eat bread, and I feel I would miss rice a lot more than I would miss bread should I stop eating it.

I love tortillas too, and would probably eat those instead of bread should I ever have to stop eating bread.

Seems like more people are joining in to answer the questions! Here's a new one for all of you:

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Never eat rice

or

Never eat bread

This is a question I feel is a bit difficult for me, since both foods are very present in my daily diet. However, if I had to concede one of the two, I think I'd stop eating bread. I feel I eat rice more often than I eat bread, and I feel I would miss rice a lot more than I would miss bread should I stop eating it.

I love tortillas too, and would probably eat those instead of bread should I ever have to stop eating bread.
Never eat rice.
My grandfather makes homemade breads, and I wouldn't live without having them.

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Never eat rice

or

Never eat bread

Never eat bread

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Never eat rice

or

Never eat bread
They both break down into sugars and carbs. So dietarily, they are pretty much the same. But I'd cut out rice before bread. Bread seems more useful in preparing foods such as sandwiches and hamburgers, etc. Not to mention flatbreads used in wraps, burritos, etc. While rice is mostly just a side dish.

Here's a new question for you all!

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Have telekinesis

or

Have telepathy

So, controlling objects with your mind, or reading other people's minds? These two psychic abilities seem like they could have a lot of different applications in our daily lives. I'd personally go for telekinesis. Never have to get up from my seat to get a drink or a snack, I could do it with the power of my mind. Also could be very helpful for self-defense. If anyone tries to harm you, you can use your power to defend yourself. If there's an item out of your reach, you can grab it with telekinesis. Honestly, I just feel there's a lot more I could do with telekinesis.

But what do you guys think? What would you choose? Telekinesis, or telepathy?

Agreed on telekinesis, but not for exactly the same reasons. In truth, I have too much respect towards privacy for telepathy. Seeing into someone's brain is a complete violation of their secrets, and no matter who they are or what they've done, I believe they have the right to keep them. I don't think I'd want to have the burden of the ability to do that in my hands, either... I can't guarantee I'd use the responsibility well, especially when it's so effortless. Telekinesis sounds much safer, less invasive, and like less of a moral dilemma.

Reading people's minds seems a lot more lucrative. You don't even have to be a total dick about it, like stealing pin numbers and such. Just go to Vegas and play some poker. Come out like Rich Uncle Pennybags. I mean sure, the telekinesis is cool. But think of all the cool shit you can buy with unlimited funds. I'll just hire the peeps with telekinesis to do stuff for me.

Very interesting to see the different reasons you all choose one or another option. Here's another question!

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Be able to talk to animals

or

Be able to speak all human languages

For me this one is very one-sided: All human languages. Not only would one have access to a lot more knowledge, and would be able to talk to any person in the world, but I feel it's also a lot more useful of an ability. But what do you guys think?

Animals. Easy. I get tired of talking to people just with the one language I speak now. lmao

I pick all human languages. It’ll be easier to communicate when you want to travel to a different country. You’ll always fit in with the locals too rather than be treated like a tourist.

Animals for sure. Sure, speaking all human languages would be convenient... but come on. You can concievably learn a language without supernatural aid. Real, complex conversation between humans and animals has never been done before, and will probably never be done again. Why choose something already available to you when you can achieve the impossible?

Animals for sure. Sure, speaking all human languages would be convenient... but come on. You can concievably learn a language without supernatural aid. Real, complex conversation between humans and animals has never been done before, and will probably never be done again. Why choose something already available to you when you can achieve the impossible?
dr-dolittle-541b2f5030b53.jpg

Haha, seems like there's so many different takes on these. Let's try another one!

WOULD YOU RATHER:

Be incredibly attractive

or

Be incredibly intelligent

I'd go with the second without any doubt. For me intelligence is much more important than physical appearance. I think I'd be able to take advantage of a stronger intellect much more than an attractive physical appearance. But then again, I'm not really interested in romance or dating for the forseeable future, so that might be bias on my part. But what do you think? Attractive, or intelligent?

I live in Florida nearby the swamp. Spent a winter up north once. I prefer hot all year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back