Worst RP partner you ever had.

In terms of groups, I usually have a bone to pick with RP leaders that do not contribute anything to their own RP and instead just barks orders when out of character.

In terms of combat, there is always someone who is going to rage quit or argue to the ends of the Earth for their character to simply not take a hit (For those confused, this was not a dice battle). If you ever decide to do combat in RP in detailed format, it's best to do it with someone you already know.

I never a had a truly bad Rp, I have Rped many things in the past with all levels of roll players, However there was one rp i had joined and i was looking for a starting point. So I jumped in this town like area and posted something. I did not look like anyone was rping there at the time but this random girl messaged me and asked me why I posted there? Apparently she did not want me involved in the rp because I was not the best at writing. That was the ONLY reason! It was rude that she did that to me. I know im not the best of writing, but im not the only one.

RiverRein said:
I never a had a truly bad Rp, I have Rped many things in the past with all levels of roll players, However there was one rp i had joined and i was looking for a starting point. So I jumped in this town like area and posted something. I did not look like anyone was rping there at the time but this random girl messaged me and asked me why I posted there? Apparently she did not want me involved in the rp because I was not the best at writing. That was the ONLY reason! It was rude that she did that to me. I know im not the best of writing, but im not the only one.
I know how you feel... I was born with word selection problems, meaning I struggle with writing more than I can think of per post. My posts vary from usually a few sentences to a few paragraphs if I can think of enough words, my brain shuts down otherwise. A lot of people judge me for not posting much per post due to the fact I struggle to post more than a few sentences usually. I have great ideas, but a lot of people don't let me join their rp's simply because I don't want to try to struggle through at least a paragraph per post. Or they don't like the fact after I even tell them that I don't post as much as I do and bail. I'm fine with no limit, but when you add it, I can never usually reach the limit without headaches.

There was a digimon rp I tried to join a long time ago... I asked to join since it was an open rp. The members tore me apart and told me to drop dead. I never went back to it after that. Most of the others I can't join due to the amount you have to post, or they don't catch my interest. I never really had a bad rp where I stayed.

There was also one person who I absolutely despised. It was a group rp that lasted over 500 pages at that point and was very active. There were a lot of members and we were having fun, she was a regular, too...

One day she got on and posted a full-out, way above PG-13 scene in the rp. (I'll spare you the details. But it was enough for the rp to get closed and deleted if the mods found out.) I told her to stop along with the other member involved. Especially since I didn't want the rp closed, both refused to and I was getting complaints. She then started shouting at me for being racist for what was going on...

You can picture how the fight went from there. She really threw a massive tantrum and stormed off the rp. I never really saw her again after that, but she was the only person to cross such a line that I ever rp'd with, especially since she didn't listen when I told her to stop. Along with several other people.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've had too many horrendous RP partners to pick only one... But, the one that always sticks in my head is very similar to the one in the first post. Though, he wasn't as much my partner as he was a problem for our whole group.

It all started in a Star Wars RP a few months back. We were a 4 person RP group, and it was all really fun!! We had 2 couples, one good, one evil, so it was even... Until this man ((For the sake of privacy lets call him Keon)) decided he would join, as a bounty hunter. The Female of the evil couple was the first to encounter him. They got into a fight, and, as what you'd expect from a horrible RPer, he godmodded her to the ground. At the time, this Female Character was pregnant. So, without the RPer's consent, he literally RIPPED THE BABY FROM HER STOMACH. The baby survived, and he ran off with it. We were all a little annoyed by this, but we saw it as a way to bring the two couples together to catch him. In the end, my character and the Mother got the child back, and cut the FRPer's hand off.

Of course, this wasn't the end... He tortured our characters DAILY, completely changed the fandom of the RP ((Which pissed me off majorly)), and held multiple private conversations with everyone, planning the RP out differently with everyone, so that drama would ensue between the RPers, NOT THE CHARACTERS. In the end, we all got together and decided to start a new RP without telling him. Whilst we were making characters in the new RP, guess who showed up?! Him.

Now, this RP was a little different... It was a Multi-Fandom thing. It was pretty fun at first.. We mixed up the couples ((The male from the evil couple wasn't with us, so Keon was implemented as the male in one of the couples)) and we all got used to the new pairings. Until fights started breaking out about the stupidest things... All started by Keon. Then the male from the last RP came back, and my character was left alone. That's when I really started to notice Keon's horrible RPing... With time, the RP revolved around him having sex. Most of the time it was forcefully. His partner was constantly messaging me, telling me to help her out of the situation. Which, of course, he would never allow.

Then we started another RP... The couples were back to the way they were originally, and it was actually going really well! Until Keon came back. He took MC's Partner, which I wasn't too fond of, of course... But I wasn't gonna argue. By now his RPing had gotten a lot better, and I enjoyed him as a partner... Until the RP started to slow down, and I was ultimately cut out from it. I left the platform we were using, and found this site... And I hadn't heard from him for a while.

UNTIL HE FOLLOWED ME HERE.

He's banned now... Hopefully permanently.

@MiyaTheNeko

Is there anything you would like to add?​

Actually, that story reminds me of another member from another forum, lets call him Stan.

The guy was pretty nice, but he had a massive crush on me and was much younger than I was. He also didn't respect me telling him to cut it out. Especially when it came to my character, he chased her around all the time and had his other character which was around the same age flirt with her non-stop. Including areas where my character, (a minor) could put him up on charges with the police if it was real. And it was a FREAKING ALIEN!!!!!!!! I'M NOT KIDDING!!!

I was freaked out and told him to stop, he threw a tantrum and got so out of control I left the rp. I blocked him since then because even then he never stopped flirting with me. I was really creeped out by the guy.

Jeez, compared to all of you my experience seems like a walk in the park :)

Anyways, on a different site there was three people that I can honestly say I hated to Rp with.

The first guy pretty much disregarded everything I wanted to do and just did what he wanted to do. Not to mention he added nothing to the story, he just continuously tried to make his character the victim of everything.

The second and third guy shared the same problem: They always had to be the best character around. Like, they always had to be more powerful than everyone. To make it easier, guy 2 is Chad and guy 3 is Dudebro.

Chad's character was a commoner, mine was a warrior. Chad wouldn't let my character fight any battles. He wanted my character to be a damsel in distress, and I was not okay with that. (She was a warrior, damn it!).

Dudebro's problem was similiar. He often had to make his characters more powerful, but he also had to have the plot go exactly his way. If you did one thing that he didn't like, he quit RPing with you. Not even kidding, he won't ask you to fix it, he will leave without warning.

Anyways, that was by two-bits. I loved cringing at everyone's own stories :)

SoundOfSilence said:
Jeez, compared to all of you my experience seems like a walk in the park :)
Anyways, on a different site there was three people that I can honestly say I hated to Rp with.

The first guy pretty much disregarded everything I wanted to do and just did what he wanted to do. Not to mention he added nothing to the story, he just continuously tried to make his character the victim of everything.

The second and third guy shared the same problem: They always had to be the best character around. Like, they always had to be more powerful than everyone. To make it easier, guy 2 is Chad and guy 3 is Dudebro.

Chad's character was a commoner, mine was a warrior. Chad wouldn't let my character fight any battles. He wanted my character to be a damsel in distress, and I was not okay with that. (She was a warrior, damn it!).

Dudebro's problem was similiar. He often had to make his characters more powerful, but he also had to have the plot go exactly his way. If you did one thing that he didn't like, he quit RPing with you. Not even kidding, he won't ask you to fix it, he will leave without warning.

Anyways, that was by two-bits. I loved cringing at everyone's own stories :)
I've had similar problems... Here's to hoping we never have to deal with that again... Hell, here's to hoping no one has to deal with that again!! xDD

I was in a Mental Hospital RP (which is already a recipe for disaster, admittedly) where I was stuck with a whole cast of "psychos", "voices in their head", "split personalities" and of course, violent murderers who wasted no time slaughtering hapless nurses from post number 1 in gory, vicious detail. Ended up being really boring too, because there wasn't really much else to do.

Oh, and this one guy in a different RP who entered late, decided to become the BIG BAD VILLAIN of the story, and absolutely despised me.

I was in a long term RP on another site, and the GM/Mod and I had been talking in DM for a while. At one point he asked me if he could be my "boyfriend." Knowing that sounded absolutely ridiculous, I told him that I had a boyfriend, so I didn't have to tell him no. He threw a huge fit. After insulting my intelligence, and saying that my boyfriend was obviously a complete idiot, he apologized and said that we should meet up, and "you can bring your boyfriend." I have been followed and stalked way too many times for this life time, so I immediately said I couldn't. Not to mention that he went threw a tantrum less than half an hour earlier. He said I was a terrible roleplay'er, and kicked me out of the RP. He reported me(did I mention he was a mod of that area in the site? yeah) afterwards.

When I wasn't banned, he started making several accounts. He had the same pity-me point of view, and told outlandish stories, like the time he pretended to rob a convenience store. He had made some six accounts by the time I left.

Redamancy said:
I was in a long term RP on another site, and the GM/Mod and I had been talking in DM for a while. At one point he asked me if he could be my "boyfriend." Knowing that sounded absolutely ridiculous, I told him that I had a boyfriend, so I didn't have to tell him no. He threw a huge fit. After insulting my intelligence, and saying that my boyfriend was obviously a complete idiot, he apologized and said that we should meet up, and "you can bring your boyfriend." I have been followed and stalked way too many times for this life time, so I immediately said I couldn't. Not to mention that he went threw a tantrum less than half an hour earlier. He said I was a terrible roleplay'er, and kicked me out of the RP. He reported me(did I mention he was a mod of that area in the site? yeah) afterwards.
When I wasn't banned, he started making several accounts. He had the same pity-me point of view, and told outlandish stories, like the time he pretended to rob a convenience store. He had made some six accounts by the time I left.
dude, that sucks. I don't think you're missing anything by not being around him anymore.

I remember this one time when I used to always roleplay in PvP rooms on an mmorpg for roleplaying (Litterally, I nearly did that more then actually play the game...). I met this guy, forgot his name, who wanted to jump into a roleplay. Everyone told me not to. I should've listened. I let him join and the second the roleplay started, he tried to put smut in it. Every female roleplay his character met up with, he'd harass and even try to rape them (Including mine)...I kicked him out and locked the room so he couldn't get back in, but he would always pop into a nother roleplay room and do the same things. EVERY SINGLE TIME! Then he just leaves as if nothing happened..

I approached someone on a forum for a 1x1 once and set up a google doc. We roleplayed for a few days and everything was perfectly fine, until the other person disappeared off the face of the Earth and didn't respond to any of my attempts to contact them. I shrugged and moved on, but a month or so later they returned to the forum and started RPing with other people while still completely ignoring me. And for a final kick in the face, they eventually posted their character sheets for our RP in a "characters from dead RPs I'd like to use again" thread >_>

Oh, I didn't realise how badly one experience still irked me until I saw this thread. So I need to set the scene a little.

About me - If I'm challenged to do something  (my myself or others) then I will stubbornly attempt until I succeed. I strive to be fair, however.

About the RP - can't remember all the details as it was years ago, but the basics. Set around demons, half demons and humans. You get one power to start, and for reaching X posts you slowly unlock more powers or develop existing powers, with a maximum of 4 (unless you were one of the people there from the start who gained a whole mess of powers before a limit was set)

About my character - Half Demon, non offensive. Focused more around self defense and deception. Basic self defense skills, nothing flashy, nothing offensive, just enough skill to avoid and redirect basic physical attacks. Powers were advanced illusions and very basic telekinesis. 

My opponent - One of the Original Demons, the most powerful of all demons (and original people on site with a slew of powers, including the ability to rewind time)

So obviously, I'm not going to win. That's not my goal. I'm just annoyed that a lot of newer players are complaining that he God mods. There's no beating him, even through skill, determination and a lot more numbers. My goal is to tweak his nose a little bit and get away with it. A small amount of defiance.

Encounter begins. Fight ensues. I actually manage to catch him off guard and hurt him slightly. Time rewind.

Encounter begins, I'm attacked out of nowhere. Illusion to cover a back track. Throw a knife. Time rewind.

Etc etc. This goes on for almost a week. I'm having fun, thinking we are just messing around together. I stay true to charscter, suffer my injuries, find new creative ways to try and retreat. It's not happening. Dozens on time rewinds later I get a message from the Creator telling me the post is to be closed because her friend is complaining about me cheating, I should be dead, etc. Annoyance. I had honestly thought we were both enjoying it, and as I said, my character was a mess near the end and his was pristine, untouched. Ugh.

I cant link his name, maybe even he changed name, but his old was Grammer Nazi, he stood for it and made every mistaked i did red. Even saying if i wholden't fix it he whold kill me.

Didn't realize there were so many weirdos on rp sites O_o

For me, there was this guy on the first site I rped on who would join a lot of rps I made or was in, and his character would always have to be some sort of super advanced creature with powerful abilities, and technology to fit any situation. He was a nice guy and all, but eventually we had conflict when he wanted to create a sci-fi nation with advanced technology in this nation rp I was hosting.

I've also probably been someone's own worst rper =( When I was younger I did weird stuff in rps, like try to change the timeperiod or create my own story arc in someone elses rp, Not to mention just general bad rping. But I've come a long way hopefully.

this has happened YEARS ago and i'm still livid about it

ok so i had this character named vincent who i was absolutely in love with. he was my child. he was my darling angel precious boy who i just wrote so well with; he had such a humor that it made me enjoy writing through him and all the other rp'ers were SO happy when i chose to join an rp with him!! he was notorious lol everyone loved him (i was part of the top active group on another site). anyway, vincent had fallen in love with this girl in his goofy little way and they were together for a while. they had a kid!! but throughout the relationship there was another rp'er who was playing the third corner of the love triangle that was in the beginning of the rp. vincent won it and the "battle" was done and over with. however one night i was busy packing for a trip to canada, so i wasn't too active. when i had landed and settled down in my lil hotel, i opened my laptop and discovered that vincent's gf had left him for that other guy. i was. so angry. like?? i'm not here to rp the story so you're gonna pry this girl from my darling angel baby's arms? it was so cruel and i'm so emotionally invested in vincent... i couldn't play him ever again because like it just pains me. it literally broke my heart i wrote like an ESSAY for a response to it all. it made the other rp'ers cry bc i channeled my sadness and anger for vincent through it.

i never....never liked the rp'er who stole vincent's love lol i was soo passive aggressive towards her after that.

Well mine's probably not the worse compared to others but there was this one girl back then that had a Winx club profile picture (idk how old she was) and she kept posting one liners, maximum is like 10 words ("She entered the store", "She bought a CD", "She left the store.") There is also this other guy that kept using my character, adding characters and time skipping without my permission and It was so annoying I wanted to pull my hair out of my scalp, though he wrote pretty well :/  

I've had some bad experiences with roleplay, and I've been the cause of bad experiences for other people. (Oops) However, this experience kept me from doing 1x1s for a long part of my roleplay experience. We'll call this person Mike.

Back when I was young little imp I was fresh meat to the internet and roleplaying when I joined this chat connected to YT streams and made some chatting acquaintances who taught me how to roleplay. There was always this guy, Mike, there who would invite me to roleplay with him and eventually I agreed to do a 1x1. It was fine and dandy, we had some problems but we got over them pretty easily. At least, until I decided to accept another 1x1 via chat where everyone could see and Mike blew up on me. He acted like I had just cheated on him and began cyber bullying me until I called off the other 1x1 where he could see. This happened two more times before I dropped the roleplay with him, where he proceeded to use my characters and claim them to be his. 

That's okay, I eventually got over it and moved on to improving my roleplay in a different chat connected to YT. It wasnt much longer until someone asked me to do a 1x1 with them, and I accepted, but upon doing so I was a little surprised to see the exact same writing style as Mike and chose to drop the roleplay after looking the new profile. Not to mention, he introduced himself in the roleplay with one of my old characters that was tweaked to be a little different. He only changed the name and eye color.

Mike blew up again, ranting about how we were meant to be partners and how it's hard to find someone who "understood him so well." When I ignored him it only made it worse, commenting insults on my profile at least once a day until I decided to drop YT rp altogether and moved on to a different chat site after a few months of writing solo.

I didn't really participate in 1x1s again until I got to RPN a few years later and refused to rp with anyone who couldn't tell the difference between themselves and their characters. 

While I was reading this I seriously thought that perhaps I didn't really have a bad RP partner story.  But then, I remembered and sighed as I really wish I could just shove that whole ordeal back into amnesia-ville.

So, this was around when I first started trying to get into detailed RPs.  Now, I have nothing against people who like furries or RP as furries.  I'm fine with anthro characters, I just tend to avoid them because of how often those RPs turn towards what is called "yiffing."  Now, this guy never went to that point into an RP, thank goodness, though it was obvious he really wanted to.  Not my thing.  

So, we make some kemonomimi (just using this term because it's all I can think to use) where they have ears and a tail, the rest are all human bits and physiology.  We RP together well enough, but I get the feeling that he's taking the RP a bit... personally.  If my character doesn't respond to his attempts to woo her, he gets frustrated and asks me OOC why my character acts that way towards his.  Whatever, we discuss and move along in the RP.

Now, I'm fine with chatting OOC with people I RP with.  I like to talk plot, characters, twists and so on.  However, this guy wants to Skype.  I skype with him, but I'm really awkward because he's essentially a stranger.  I can't even really remember the particulars of our conversations, but mostly they ended up with him pissed off off me over something stupid.  The general theme of these conversations were that I didn't react the way he wanted me to, in the RP or over Skype.  So, I basically "faked" a hiatus, mostly just turning my privacy invisible and doing my best to avoid him.

After about a month, which I thought was enough time, I turn things back on to public and POOF he appears wanting to RP with me again.  Even after so clearly not liking how things were going.  We chat (live chat, not PMs or anything) and he starts getting pissy over my emoticon usage.  I use emotes because otherwise people tend misunderstand the tone of my writing.  So here I am being bitched at for typing a :3, ranted at for being disinterested in flirting with him, angry not wanting to RP with full anthro characters, and then begging me to talk to him after one of his rage episodes.

It's weird having someone so desperate to control you; from your RP character to you personally.

Oh, wow, worst rp partner? Luckily, in my two and a half years of RPing I've only had one outstanding person...

So, I was in an rp, and one of my characters was a musician that played acoustic guitar. He was also very distanced from the world and not very social, his name was Nile. So, this one girl comes in with her run-of-the-mill ordinary character whose name was Luna and ends up asking me in PM if Luna and Nile could be a couple in the future, saying that Luna was "a people person". I respond that Nile was more reserved, and that just because he was a musician(I'm 95% sure that's the reason she was interested in him for her charrie) didn't mean he was outgoing and friendly. I try to politely say that we'll just have to see, as I can't say if he'd even want to enter a relationship at all. She, of course, can't take this for an answer. So I have my characters out and about, right? She brings in Luna to talk to Nile, and in the first conversation they've ever had, brings up this out-of-nowhere point that her dad is dead and starts crying. I'm confused, because this was never even mentioned before as she was one of those people who put history as "normal", but I go along with it anyways in hopes of eventually being able to get him out. I mean, the first rp I ever joined was a fantasy wolf one, and while I wasn't good by any means, I didn't do things like that...My charrie had a sad past where she kept blaming herself for things, but it took her about seven months in the rp's timeline to actually reveal this to anyone, despite making friends and enemies alike.

I get that she was probably just a preteen, but come on...compared to some others this isn't so bad, considering she didn't god-mod or power-play very much, if at all, however I wouldn't consider her the worst I've ever had if it hadn't been for things like this:

She looked through my posts and began to put up her roles and characters in the others rps I was in. At least in some of these she didn't try to come after mine, but it was still kind of annoying because some of these rps were full of literate people and then she's just coming in here with her one or two-liners. She was also opposed to my swearing for quite some time- even though eventually she got over it- but she asked me to stop a few times and I'm just like "the rules permit it, the rules of the rp permit it, and this is just my character and the way she speaks." She also tried to join my semi-lit Pokemon rp that I co-created with my best friend who was on the site as well, before reading the rules apparently. So I ended up having to decline her, and once she read the rules she was like "oh, I couldn't have done that anyways so". Ultimately, she wouldn't leave me alone and kept bombarding me with PMs about random stuff whenever I logged on, and I've essentially stopped going to the site because of her.

Bahahah, I probably sound like such an ass but it really did piss me off quite a bit how she had no respect for boundaries or the fact that sometimes I just want new rp partners despite how I may or may not get along with my current ones. But anywho, back to my shy corner after this surprisingly long little tale...

now that i think about, the bad guy in most of this is me, myself, and i

i must be doing something wrong for others to just suddenly fuck off and disappear after the 15th rp post

I only had one which was exceptionally bad, and it was quite a long time ago, but I still remember it way too clearly.

It was a 1x1, the other person played a ridiculously beautiful girl (how exactly she looked I don't know, like not even her hair color, I just know that she was stunningly beautiful and it was pointed out in every single move of hers) . This alone already annoyed the hell out of me but I decided to just deal with it. That person seemed to have trouble with keeping up with the post length, and instead of just doing shorter posts they literally copied & pasted whole sentences of mine and added "she saw that ____" before it and maybe something "and smiled" after it.

And the plot turned messy pretty quickly too. The person really tried to push the romance hard, but the girl was supposedly soooo shy and innocent, so one "unfortunate" accident showing her this and that happened after another, and after I told them to wait a bit with that stuff they introduced a random NPC who raped her; and she spent the rest of the RP crying and then the person stopped responding. 10/10

Oh, the types of people you'll find on rp sites!

Now, this one wasn't one person, but two. I was in a highschool chat roleplay on another site. For the most part, the roleplay was pretty normal, standard stuff for a highschool rp. Then these two people joined, and a romance formed between their characters rather quickly. Now, I would normally be completely fine with this. Then they started roleplaying very detailed smut, and spammed the chat with dick pics and gay p*rn. Thankfully the gm reported them, but still... ew...

Well, most of my 1x1 rps don't pass the first page because my partner usually bails out after 2 posts so I have jad it rough....ish. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back