• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Worm: World War III, The fall of society

GoblinNerd27

Jibba!! Jibba!!
It was a normal afternoon with music in the streets and tents being setup for the local markets to sell their wares from cape themed accessories and merchandise to food. Today was the celebration of a new wards team being assembled and registered to this city. Of course not all is quite in the market. After all the capes always have costumes and masks to hid behind, but they can easily take them off and hide in a crowd. So is the case of one local gang who decided to show up at this festive time in the center of the city. where a giant stone was erected in honor of the brave who fought during the great world war II. And now its 2018 and not much has happened besides the same old cape fights between themselves...and what does this local gang do? lets find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian was laying on a cot with his arm covering his face. This didn't stop the tears from flowing though. 'I failed. Failed my teacher, my mother, and myself. This cell is where I belong.' Brian moved his arm and stared at the concrete ceiling of his new home for quite sometime before his thoughts wandered to other subjects. 'How am I a Parahuman? I don't even remember what happened.' He ran his fingers over the marks that the taser barbs had left as if that would somehow jog his memory. Brian was disgusted with himself. "I did all those dishonorable things and I can't even remember any of it." He whispered to himself while he curled into ball as these thoughts repeated themselves over and over again.

@GoblinNerd27

You here laughter as there a skinny guy who looks European at first glance with his black hair and short t shirt with a ribcage on it. he keeps giggling as he picks his finger nails

"it isn't that bad...people disappoint all the time so just get over it, besides that little thing your a cape like me? so what's your name? and I mean your cape name." he smiles from his sitting position. he turns to you holding his hand out to shake your hand

"they call me bone-pick; petty thief and mugger. though if you get to know me I'm not a bad guy" he slightly looks dirty but not in he's poor, but more like dirt and grime from working hard at something.

Brian turned over on his cot and looked gloomily at his cell-mate as he introduced himself. Replying a sullen and monotone voice, he introduced himself. " I don't have a cape name. I don't even know why people are calling me a cape since I don't remember what happened." Brian reluctantly reached out hand to meet Bone-Pick's, barely noticing the slight increase of warmth in his hand before the two hands met.

bone-pick smiles as he shakes brains hand. after that he looks over seeing the cop asleep at the desk.

"you wanna get out?"

he says with a big grin. He starts to rotate his wrist

"Not interested. Even if I was a cape, I don't know what my powers are so I'd only be a danger to other people. I belong in this cell." Brian stated before turn back over and staring at the wall. Brian's statement brought the memories of his mother's death to the fore of his thoughts. 'She and so many other people were killed by a cape who didn't know the extent of his powers. I won't make that mistake as well.'

Bone-pick sighs looking at the cop and back at you

"listen if you new to the cape scene how about we make a deal? im trying to let's say that I wanted to make a group of capes cause im sick of working alone, and in return I could help you with your...new cape life"

he says smiling as he picks his fingers again.

Brian quickly turned around and sat up, staring into Bone-Pick's eyes. Although his eyes were still red and puffy from crying, the cynicism and irritation in Brian's voice was clear. "And what kind of deal could you offer me that would make me want break out of jail and risk harming innocent people? I did something horrible that went against teachings of my sensei and ended up here. I as far as I'm concerned, I should rot away in this cell."

"well one, your being a whiny bitch and im sure this sensei would say you have to find a way to redeem yourself and learn how to better yourself. two; im curious what cape you are and iv'e been in your boat and it sucks so I have sentiment to your situation. and lastly im reaching my hand out to you because I hate being alone and now and days with all the capes joining together I feel safer and would actually like a friend that I can trust"

he starts to twist his wrist as you see him get up and look at the locks to the cells

Genuinely irritated to the point it showed on his face, "My sensei would want me to serve my sentence, whatever that may be, and for all you know I could shoot laser beams out of my hands or make things explode randomly. On top of that, you don't even know me. Why would want to extend your hand to me of all people? Are you stupid?" Brian anxiously gripped the edge of his cot while he watched Bone-Pick examine the door to their cell.

(Sorry, my internet cut out on me for a bit.)

you can see him grunt as something slides into his hand. he smiles seeing it and examining it. The look of this...the best way to describe it was dagger had strange patterns on it that looked like nerves and blots of something connecting the lines. the handle looks like a cheap bone look with the blade looking a lot more weirder as it shone with some light gray pattern in the light. he leans down as he inserts it into the look blade first. the blots glow lightly blue as it seems to jerk and twist suddenly and violently as the lock clicks. bone-pick puts the dagger away into his pants and opens the door carefully. He turns to you and smiles

"theres a reason 'pick' is in my name. besides I don't try to hurt people. I just try to live and at this point I want you to come with me. I promise that i'll help you out, but trust me on one thing. you need a friend because other capes will hear about a new cape on the block and want you. Unlike me they will force you to hurt people, and if you don't comply...lets say they will. now come on and get out with me? I want and need a friend. if it helps I can't stand the sight of blood, it just grosses me out."

he says this slowly walking out and holding his hands together in a pleading fashion

"Fine, one final question. What makes going with you safer than staying this cell?" In truth, Brian found the guy to be irritating, but it was this irritation that snapped him out of his funk and Brian came to the realization that he really didn't want to be in jail. 'However, if it's safer for me and everyone else to stay in this cell, I'll gladly stay here.'

bone-pick just laughs

"if that cop dies in the hospital this wont be your cell, birdcage for the murderers there buddy. And I think you should explain to your sensei that-"

the cop wakes up and suddenly stands looking at bone-pick and drawing out his baton with a violent look in his eyes

(roll initiative "athletics")

(bone-picks initiative)

[dice]11939[/dice]

(Police man)

[dice]11939[/dice]

(sorry his was 6 'police man)

and what do you do? (you have two standard actions each turn, attack and movement count as your standard actions)

Without think Brian launched himself forward and past Bone-Pick towards the aggressive Policeman. Now face to face with the man, Brian's training kicked in grabbing the man's wrist and attempted to twist it to not only make the Policeman drop his weapon but to his knees as well. "Bone-Head! If you're gonna run, do it now!"

[dice]11941[/dice]

the police man frowns as he tries to resist the punks grab

[dice]11943[/dice]

and barely he starts to force your hand to go away until he slips a bit and his baton fall's down and he falls to one knee grunting

Bone-pick moves in and takes out his weapon and uses the pommel to hit the police man with surprising jerk motion from the object as the police man tries to avoid but grunts feeling the resistance of his body from the wrist as he gets bonked on the shoulder hard for 4 damage. Bone-pick looks at you

"it's bone-pick! and im not leaving you behind!"

[dice]11944[/dice]

[dice]11945[/dice]

[dice]11946[/dice]

the police man reaches around to hit you and bone-pick his attack on bone pick fails as the dagger suddenly hits hard against his fist as it makes in audible thump as you can see the hurt on his face

[dice]11947[/dice] (you)

[dice]11948[/dice] (bone-pick)

[dice]11949[/dice]

Brian let out a sigh at Bone-Pick's reply before deflecting the Policeman's weak attack. He then retaliates by trying to knee the Policeman in the face and twisting the the policeman's wrist to push him further into submission.

[dice]11950[/dice]

[dice]11951[/dice]

[dice]11954[/dice]

the police man grunts hard trying to defend himself

[dice]11952[/dice]

as you twist his arm more he grunts even more trying not to yell as he looks you dead in the eyes saying

"all you freaks should be burned!! I should just pull out my gun and kill you now!"

[dice]11955[/dice]

the knee hits him in the face as he grunts more

(you still get one more action, when rolling defense against an attack it's a free action or you say you take it and receive the damage, also roll 2d6 for damage)

[dice]11956[/dice]

He cringed as he heard the Policeman's cartilage and bone crunch under his knee. Brian quickly released the man after he uttered a final grunt and went limp. "Oh God, not again! He said as he backed away from the man, shocked at his own brutal results. "I'm so sorry...."

bone-pick looks at you brian grabbing his wrist and pulling on him

"well now that you've added assaulting police officer to your record"

he continues to pulling until both of you are what seems to be a memorial park for those who died 103 years ago in WWII

he continues to laugh looking at you

"I can't believe you actually helped me! I hate fighting and that police man seemed a little if not a whole lot of crazy with that baton and threatening to use a gun...well since you saved me I feel kind of awkward but hey I really think I need to stick with you"

Still in shock at what he did, Brian barely even realized that Bone-Pick had grabbed his hand and pulled him away. It wasn't until Bone-Pick laughed that Brian realized that he was now standing in the WWII Memorial Park. "I didn't mean to... I just sort of reacted." Brian sighed again, sullen as ever. "Why are we here and where are going?"

bone-pick shrugs

"to be honest I was scared and ran. at this point im sticking with you and got a couple of hundred on me so lets shop to get new cloths and im interested to hear what's going on with the capes in this town lately"

he says pointing everywhere as there seems to be some festival/outdoor fair thing going on with booths everywhere that has cape related items from shirts of hero's to figuring's of the local villains, and even masks and costumes of those capes

"they'll be looking for us once they figure out so lets make it somewhat harder for the cops who would give a close enough shit to come after us"

Nodding slowly, Brian continues to follow Bone-Pick. "I'll just follow your lead since you seem to have a bit more experience with this criminal element. It's not like I have anything to go back to." The only person that Brian really knew was his Sensei, but that wouldn't end well if he showed up his doorstep.

"Yuriko....dont go Far..."

"I know....i thought i was gona be left to enjoy the festival"

"You are but not Fully....we never said "To leave you be",You are Lucky Doctor.Michel Let you out this once"

"....I know..."

"Alright...Mark shut up we sopos not to engage in conversations wen in civilian area...especially about any H.R.P"

"H.R.P?"

"Yuriko shush....enjoy the festival we will be watching"

Yuriko...or known as "Omega" was near entering the Park,she was followd by 2 men in Black suits,stoping as one said to shush and enjoy he festival as she can both men would stand straight and hands behinde there back as they stood both at her side,Yuriko sigh as she was wearing Black tainted Glasses and a Fancy dress and Hat,seems she was Obligated to wear this clothing to maintain her personality from sparking in the place,Looking foward she would gulp and walk in the park seeing Booths,Music and Lots of people of all ages,children,Teens and so on seeing how this was all a cape thing,some children were wearing Cape costumes like "Speed Boy",kids playing and acting like Capes,as she walk the two statue men would follow her behinde do with distance keeping an eye on her,One who seem to be "Mark" Sat on a bench and look around but the Unamed one was looking at what they were selling,Yuriko tried her best to ignore them from being there but....she can always feel she is being watch...she feels it...

Yuriko would walk towards the large stone erected on the midle of tonw,she stop her walk and look up,it was amazing to,looking down at the small Tablet caverd,it had the names of those who faught...she Remove her Tainted shades and revealing her Very bright blue eyes she look at the stone...reading as it was hard with theas dark shades,as she did a Voice would echo in her ear "
Yuriko...Glasses now"amidiatly she would slip the shades back on and say sofly like a whisper "I was just trying to rea-""Read with the shades on...dont take them off"The voice heard in her left ear,as she had a Hiden earpice,she sigh and was fustrated...do she will ignore,walking back a band of kids....Fight like Capes,defeating the Evil Cape,they did sound effects with there own little Mouths as they...fly and Fight the Villan,she smiled as theas kids really think its that easy.....they are wrong...do she Understand Children had some Imaginative Mindes so its expected....

(Is this ok?...sorry in a rush! so sorry for Bad grammar!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back