• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern World War 2 RP

Dunno if this is still going to go on, or if it already is going on? Most of the posts are from months ago. Anyways if it's a go, then I'm interested.

I might suggest simplifying the RP and limiting it in scope, because it could prove difficult to keep up with many characters across the entirety of the war. It'd be less daunting than people having to make tons of characters and everything. Perhaps if we made up 1 squad, it'd be easier to keep track of things and develop characters (kind of like the old TV shows Combat! or The Rat Patrol).

I might suggest simplifying the RP and limiting it in scope, because it could prove difficult to keep up with many characters across the entirety of the war. It'd be less daunting than people having to make tons of characters and everything. Perhaps if we made up 1 squad, it'd be easier to keep track of things and develop characters (kind of like the old TV shows Combat! or The Rat Patrol).
Or a bit like Band or Brothers or The Pacific

Both series are awesome! I'm kind of surprised to see someone reference them on a roleplaying site. Did you ever watch Baa Baa Black Sheep?

I say either Europe or the Pacific I'm fine with either.

Same. Although I'm naturally drawn more to Europe, I
Both series are awesome! I'm kind of surprised to see someone reference them on a roleplaying site. Did you ever watch Baa Baa Black Sheep?

Yep! I forgot about that one!

Also yes kind of like Band of Brothers or The Pacific. I haven't seen The Pacific though.

Same. Although I'm naturally drawn more to Europe, I

Yep! I forgot about that one!

Also yes kind of like Band of Brothers or The Pacific. I haven't seen The Pacific though.
Band of Brothers is better

I remember watching old tapes of McHale's Navy and Hogan Heroes.

Oh yeah also for Combat I can totally remember the intro and the announcer's voice. "COMBAT! A SELMUR PRODUCTION. STARRING...VICK MORROW....AND RICK JASON."

Oh yeah also for Combat I can totally remember the intro and the announcer's voice. "COMBAT! A SELMUR PRODUCTION. STARRING...VICK MORROW....AND RICK JASON."

Vick was a terrific actor and had a great personality but whenever I think of him I can't get his death out of my mind. It was such a tragic accident. I haven't been able to watch the Twilight Zone movie since learning what happened behind the scenes. But I will say that John Lithgow was excellent playing the anxiety ridden passenger remaking the classic episode Shatner once did.

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

I am not one for a GM role, plus Im usually rather busy for starting an RP vs being apart of one

As for theater wise and type of CS

-European Theater

Would have a Paratrooper from the 101st Airborne for the US and a Panzer Gunner for the 2nd SS Panzer division

-Pacific Theater

Would have a Marine Rifleman from the 1st Marine Division and a Sniper from the 2nd IJA Division

Users who are viewing this thread

Back