• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern World on Fire (historical, alternate history, and more)

Beutelwolf

The Overlord
If you’re curious, here is my main thread Here

So hello everyone my name is Wolf! But feel free to call me whatever you want. I’m in the market to travel back a little and thought I’d feel around and see what I could find. Before we get started, here’s a little about me, some guidelines, and just the general lay of the land.

• I’m 23 and (please be over 18, if there’s any romance at all I get uncomfortable with minors.)
  • I play both male and female characters but am most comfortable with males
  • Preference order goes platonic, MxF then MxM
  • I can write a lot. 500 words is probably my minimum but I can go up to novella in length.
  • I may take a while to warm up to you, but I love OOC talk in rps. It doesn’t have to be about RL stuff. Show me this cool rock you found. Have a meme none of your friends will appreciate? Send it my way! Share your music. Talk about the plot and send me ideas!
  • Make sure we talk out limits! I don’t really have any but it’s still good to establish what we want and don’t want. Let me know if there is anything you’re uncomfortable at any moment. I don’t care if we’re 50 pages in! I don’t mind backing off a subject.
  • I adore world building, character creation, and all things related. I see a roleplay as a breathing entity with characters that are always growing. That being said, I don’t mind if we get halfway through and completely change the plot. If we have new side characters, new ideas, or have fleshed out our characters to the point we think they’d act differently, or just want to try something. It keeps things interesting and the best rps I’ve had are never set in stone.
  • I will make side characters as we go. They are also my babies and they get just as much detail put into them as the main characters. Character sheets, plotting, backstories, etc.

As for plots themselves, I’ve divided them out into two major categories. The historical plots and what I call the “alternate” history.

Historical
For historical, this can cover a lot of things. I’m mostly a modernist. But I don’t mind reaching way back! This is what I am most comfortable with but it is by no means comprehensive! Feel free to suggest something if you’d like!
  • Early Modern Period, Enlightenment, French Revolution, American Revolution, Victorian Era, WWI, Depression, WWII, Cold War.
Which is a fancy and out of order way of saying anywhere from the end of the Renaissance to about now. I will do some earlier stuff so don’t be afraid to ask!

Alternate/Historical Fiction​

Alternate history covers a lot. From “What if X did X” counterfactual to lets tear up a map, reshuffle it, and then do some cool things with it. It’s more of taking historical topics and making them our own. I guess historical fiction is the broad term? This covers many of the themes above.

I do have a WWI idea if anyone is interested in that.

That’s where I am for now. I’ll keep it short and sweet. If you’re interested shoot me a message and I’d love to get started!

Are you still looking. I really love alternate history as well or "reverse history" to so speak. Something that can never occur during history happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back