• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern WOODSIDE OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Thanks! I found somewhere I can watch animorphs...now to do the same thing and hope I have luck with Power Rangers.

Okay, so I found I can watch a few Power Rangers on Netflix so am starting far back, from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series. Damn I'm really old and I'm only 31...watching this throwback and seeing the...well compared to now effects....lame attempts of CGI...yeah.

I got so stoked when I saw all the Power Rangers series on Netflix, I’m gonna start on Mighty Morphin’ soon too. I think they also have that old live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show too, which is fantastic :P The less-than-amazing graphics are a personal favorite. I’m actually just 18 and I think I watched this stuff on VHS rather than when it was airing. I know we still have Power Rangers tapes.

I used to love Power Rangers as a kid. So, I am enjoying watching this throwback. It's so weird watching how bad the CGI stuff was then in the 90s compared to now.

I do like the use of practical effects, though. Nowadays, we overuse CG. Nothing beats a good old, real life explosion instead of a computerized one.

I wish people would do their own stunts. But yeah, practical effects are good. Too many movies no longer do them which is a disappointment. I don't like how we rely so heavily on CGI effects.

Loooooved Mystic Force! I rewatched it with my brothers a couple years ago. Power Rangers and urban fantasy together? Hell ye

Yeah, it was pretty awesome at the time! I remember actually trying to watch and watch the show when it was on, which was rare for me and still is really. I want to go rewatch and need to find a place to watch it.

on side note, how many people did you wish for before starting the roleplay? Or do you have a particular date you're aiming for? Curious if we should try bumping the thread or something

I’m so chill, it’s almost apathetic :neutralteeth: I don’t have a number or a date. And I think overbearing GMs are hella lame. I just want people to enjoy themselves, if it happens it happens, and if it doesn’t, I’m not forcing it. But I guess we can start at the end of next week?

If you guys want, we can do some writing for our characters just to help us get into their swing. Kind of like prologues? And new people coming in don’t have to read them, it’s just to pass the time and build the world while we wait for CS’s to be posted.

I mean there's four of us now or so. We could start the roleplay regularly and add people as we go assuming you've approved of everybody

Not a bad idea at all, especially considering the characters won't get closely or widely involved with each other until later. Mind waiting for me to post?

Closely or widely involved with each other until later, Why's that? out of curiosity.

Also yeah, can wait around for you to post. Might be heading out a bit though as heads up.

Last edited:
Well these mostly aren’t buddies from the same clique. At least, no relationships have been established that I know of, unless you guys are talking in PMs. The inciting incident affects anyone who was nearby in the woods at the time, but that doesn’t mean they were all with each other. Does that make sense?
We can switch it up, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back