• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Wondering who would have minded if we waited a week or two for the update to be fully done

Would people mind if the update took longer but we had the full update that was working.

• I would have liked to wait longer to have the update working fully with everything on the old site i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I enjoy the new site the way it is and am happy with its release

• Meh, don't really mind either way

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalcity

Custom Title
So the new update came out and not everyone is happy wit the state it is in, with features missing, bugs/glitches, ect. I made a joke on my profile and I may have upset someone who said "You would rather have waited a week or longer for us to fully update and upgrade the site, is that correct?" I answered yes then they replied with "But then we have to deal with a vocal minority who would scream and cry because we too 'sooooooo loooooooonnnnngg' to do a simple site update. " So I was wondering who would have minded if we waited for the websites to be completely finished before it was released to the public. 

I would have minded. In a week or two I will be returning to university. If the site came back online while i was in school, I wouldn't be around to help - and we can't afford to be short any moderators when helping the userbase getting settled after an update this massive.

I too would have minded. Between work and sleep I tend to find myself here wasting away my life having a good time. I am glad the site has returned. Yes, it's slightly screwed up in certain aspects but that was inevitable. There were some issues that wouldn't have been noticed until things were back up so these issues were inevitable.

And I hate to tell you but the vocal minority are actually the ones that want to wait. There seems to be a huge amount of the user base that didn't care about many of the issues and hopped right back to roleplaying. 

The best thing right now would be for everyone to relax, be patient, and realize that complaining or criticizing (not to say anyone's doing this in a bad way) does nothing at this point but distract the staff from fixing the issues the update has brought forward.

I would have minded. In a week or two I will be returning to university. If the site came back online while i was in school, I wouldn't be around to help - and we can't afford to be short any moderators when helping the userbase getting settled after an update this massive.

Maybe recruit new mods? 

I too would have minded. Between work and sleep I tend to find myself here wasting away my life having a good time. I am glad the site has returned. Yes, it's slightly screwed up in certain aspects but that was inevitable. There were some issues that wouldn't have been noticed until things were back up so these issues were inevitable.

And I hate to tell you but the vocal minority are actually the ones that want to wait. There seems to be a huge amount of the user base that didn't care about many of the issues and hopped right back to roleplaying. 

The best thing right now would be for everyone to relax, be patient, and realize that complaining or criticizing (not to say anyone's doing this in a bad way) does nothing at this point but distract the staff from fixing the issues the update has brought forward.

Really? That's not what the poll is saying so far. Where you say issues are you including the features that are missing or the bugs we get told "too bad". Also you last paragraph is shite. Criticism really does help and gives suggestions on how to improve. Not our fault staff are being rude and turning criticism into rage. 

Maybe recruit new mods? 

Really? That's not what the poll is saying so far. Where you say issues are you including the features that are missing or the bugs we get told "too bad". Also you last paragraph is shite. Criticism really does help and gives suggestions on how to improve. Not our fault staff are being rude and turning criticism into rage. 

The poll has a total of 22 votes on a site of 30 thousand. Point made. 

And no, it doesn't when everyone repeats the same stuff that the angry guy earlier said. I failed to elaborate further on that point, I should have mentioned it does no good at this point when is just a repeat of everything else that's been said already. 

Also can we not quote the words of a single stressed out moderator who already apologized for her words? It's actually fairly rude and slightly selfish to use someone's regretted mistake to fuel your own agenda. 

The poll has a total of 22 votes on a site of 30 thousand. Point made. 

And no, it doesn't when everyone repeats the same stuff that the angry guy earlier said. I failed to elaborate further on that point, I should have mentioned it does no good at this point when is just a repeat of everything else that's been said already. 

Also can we not quote the words of a single stressed out moderator who already apologized for her words? It's actually fairly rude and slightly selfish to use someone's regretted mistake to fuel your own agenda. 

"Point made" nice joke, you really proved something. If everyone is repeating the same stuff, maybe it is a sign! Guess that flew over your head. And what's said is said, I don't recall the "stressed out moderator" (who if they get that stressed out easily, they should not be doing the job) apologising. And it's also fairly rude to tell a group of people "too bad" when they bring something up that many people are having trouble with. But I see you love the taste of mods and admids that you will brush that under the rug.

Just drop it. It's not like we can go back in time, and we're not going to shut the site down again.

"Point made" nice joke, you really proved something. If everyone is repeating the same stuff, maybe it is a sign! Guess that flew over your head. And what's said is said, I don't recall the "stressed out moderator" (who if they get that stressed out easily, they should not be doing the job) apologising. And it's also fairly rude to tell a group of people "too bad" when they bring something up that many people are having trouble with. But I see you love the taste of mods and admids that you will brush that under the rug.

No, I'm just a decent human being. Joke? No, that was pointing out the logic, or lack of, in measuring a vote containing 22 out of 30,000  and claiming that it actually proves something. And if you don't recall then you need to go re-read the disappointed thread as she clearly did and various people acknowledged it. And if you want to bring up rudeness then I hope you have your own house in order. 

Now listen, this is unproductive of either of us and I honestly have no time to deal with you. I have to go to work so I urge you to follow what Welian said and drop it, because I can tell you that although your complaints are well founded you are not delivering them in any manner worth consideration by anyone. 

Well now everything you have said is even more pointless by bringing up "I urge you to follow what Welian said and drop it" because you didn't need to say anything at all by using that. You are a hypocrite. And if it is unproductive, why did you come here and reply to me in two places. I wasn't going to reply again in both places if I didn't get someone reply. You are more unproductive than me. Thanks for that. Now go and enjoy work. If you reply again you prove my point more. Now bye bye o/

I'm pleased that they opened the site quickly. It allowed me to start feeling things out and start some new roleplays. I was also following the twitter, eager to get back on asap. Not everything is perfect, but I'm content in going about my business and waiting the future updates to start rolling in when the staff is able to release them ^_^

Overall though, this question is a moot point. It hardly matters since it's already happened the way that it did. However, while we are on this subject, I do think it's important to mention that there were many users who wanted to rp asap, and the early release was partially done with them in mind. It was also in part because they are now able to start the process manual conversion of roleplays. They have a lot to get through, so it's necessary for the users of this site to engage in the process themselves. This way, the staff know what to transfer, and who to transfer it to. There was good reason to open things quickly, and whether or not it could have been done better differently doesn't matter now. Decisions were made for a reason, and I am content with that.

I don't recall the "stressed out moderator" (who if they get that stressed out easily, they should not be doing the job) apologising. And it's also fairly rude to tell a group of people "too bad" when they bring something up that many people are having trouble with. But I see you love the taste of mods and admids that you will brush that under the rug.

In the 'Dissapointed' thread, I apologized 2-3 times for anything I had said that was deemed offensive. As you might not have seen that, I have nothing against apologizing again - I regret my words from the time.

However, I do not appreciate the repetitive slander. If you have a problem with any of the mod team, myself included, please make a report in admin contact . Otherwise, it'll be better for everyone to drop it. :)

Do you have any concerns that haven't been previously stated, or anything you'd like assistance with? We're happy to help if you need anything.

Before any further negativity occurs, I shall lock this thread. Anyone who has issues with the staff should indeed make their feelings known via Admin Contact. Making threads that mud-sling at the staff can still be construed as Harassment and at this point I strongly request and advise that people use the previously prescribed method of complaint. 

Captain Hesperus  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back