• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Wolfblood (one x one) (closed) (@mythical)

NotinthisUniverse

Laying completely still in his sheets, Joseph awoke up to a loud banging coming from the other room. His heart started to raise with every increasing bang, he slowly arose from from his sheets, grabbing his bat and waited at his door frame. Listening intently, he rose the bat above his head and quickly threw open the door. He swung hard. He made contact with something, cause next thing he knew a groaning mound of tangled sheets laid squirming on the floor. "Dad?" He asked quietly. He looked a bit closer, squinting in the dark, soon noticing a another figure coming out. A slender frame, feeble yet strained voice spoke. "Are you alright baby?"

Joseph immediately realized what was happening. He yelled. "Dad! What the hell?!" His voice cracking in the process. "You really had to do this here? Right now? On the fucking floor! What is wrong with you?" "We thought you were asleep son! We're sorry!" His father called out as he watched his son disappear into his bedroom. Louis sighed, helping his co-worker to her feet. "I'm sorry about that." The woman gathered the sheets in frazzled motion. "You never told me you had a son Louis! You know what I'm leaving. This entire thing killed the mood forget this ever happened." She barked, stomping off downstairs.

By the next morning, Joseph kept his head down. Didn't acknowledge nor speak. He had gotten dressed for school, in a hoodie, beanie, and vans. He took off on his skateboard and didn't look back.

ooc. oh bless his heart, what a way to start off the thread XD! so my gal's foster family is fractured from the inside already, or is the mom not around?

ic. it was the night before, and vanessa was packing up her few belongings.. again. it was not the first time the young girl had received a call late at night to move. she hadn't met many other kids in the system, but it definitely seemed like she was the only one that got perpetually moved. every time she settled in and got used to the new foster family, something would happen and out she would go. the young 17-year-old was too numb to cry, and too angry to really be effectively packing. she was more chucking things in the suitcase than she was actually noticing what she was doing. once the room seemed adequately dull and empty again--as she had never put up decorations--she walked out towards the kitchen.

her foster dad was sitting at the table reading a late-night book, and she paused at the doorway. good-bye victor.. thanks for the last few months. she said softly, after hesitating about whether or not to say anything at all. he glanced up and smiled. of course kiddo. vanessa sighed. he always said nice things, but he was incredibly disconnected, and not suited to be a fatherly type. he was nice, but she didn't really know anything at all about the man, that's how little the interacted. and his wife, oh his wife. vanessa was actively avoiding that naggy, sharp-voiced woman whose sole purpose on the earth seemed to be to domesticate vanessa, by making her do every speck of housework, and more. awful, bossy woman. good riddance.

slinging her backpack over her shoulder and dragging the small, carry on size suitcase behind her, vanessa left that small little home that had been but one of 14 stops in her life. on to the next. she locked eyes with sherri, the most recent of her 3 social workers, as she pulled up in that small black car of hers to take molly to the next place. sherri wasn't the worst. she was kinder than the previous two, but there was definitely something off about her. and she was creepy smart, and seemed to know vanessa's inner thoughts. sherri didn't say much on the 10 hour car ride, and neither did vanessa.

the next morning vanessa was awakened by sherri's shaking, and she yawned, rubbing her eyes and sitting up. where are we, sherri? she mumbled, trying to talk around another incoming yawn. new orleans, vanessa. they had a weird habit of always using each other's full names. you'll be okay with this home, they're different. she said, with a knowing look and a soft smirk. vanessa wasn't so sure she believed her, but there wasn't much choice in the matter. alrighty, well thanks sherri. i'll see ya in a couple months. she quipped dryly, giving a short, tired laugh. sherri laughed and shook her head, getting back in the car and leaving vanessa all alone on the doorstep of the unfamiliar home. wasn't your case-worker supposed to walk you to the door and introduce you at least?! vanessa sighed, and walked up to ring the bell.

ooc. are you okay with a timeskip to after school when he would be home to greet her?

Basically. The mom left, so it's just him and his father. And sure thing.

Joseph had received a text message later that afternoon, detailing the situation that occurred the night before. His father had profusely apologized about the incident, he did assume that he was asleep and that he needed his own adult "time." Joseph was disturbed, yet continued to scroll through his phone, landing on the last message that read; "I have big news son, big news that can't be told over the phone. Get home immediately afterschool, skip swim practice. This is very important." Of course Joseph was quite startled with this new information. He assumed that he was either getting to meet another one of his father's tinder dates or getting a puppy. He opted for a puppy.

When the bell rang, lunch was over and everyone was rushing back to class. Joseph couldn't shake that anxious feeling in the pit of his stomach. He knew this was more then a tinder date, his father wouldn't announce something as minimal as that. He swallowed nervously, playing with the string of his hoodie.

As time ticked on, the more anxious he got. Each ticking moment felt eternal, like time was moving so slowly. He was fidgeting through out his last two classes, all he wanted to do was go home. He tapped his fingertips aganist the wooden desk and continued to look at the clock every couple of seconds. "Come on...come on...just a few more seconds." He watched the minute hand land on the 6. The bell rang, the ceremonial sound of backpacks zipping close was unified amongst the close room. Everyone was in a rush to get the hell out of there.

He was one of them, quickly packing his backpack and grabbing his skateboard. He ran along the halls with the massive swarm of students and teachers alike, desperately trying to get to those front doors. He maneuvered himself through the crowd, quickly getting on his board and taking off. Weaving through students, he swayed back and forth on his board.

It took him a total of 20 minutes to get home. He rummaged his backpack for his key, when he took notice of a pair of beaten up white converses sitting at his doorstep. He cocked his eyebrow in confusion, he assumed that perhaps his father was going for younger women again. It never worked out though. He shrugged it off, opening the door to be greeted with curly haired girl standing at livingroom. "Hey, Dad....why is there a homeless girl standing in our livingroom? Is she lost?" He asked.

Louis emerged out the kitchen with a disappointed look on his face. "Joseph Micheal Lee, that is no way to talk to a young woman. Apologize!"
"Sorry..." he mumbled.
"Good, now that both of you are home. I get to reveal the big news. Joseph, this is Vanessa your new step sister! Isn't that great?" He said with a smile.
Joseph held a blank expression. "Your joking right? I thought you had brought home another one of your dates home Dad. Not a fucking child. This is ridiculous."
"Hey, hey now. J, this is something I've been thinking about for a while now. I know you've always wanted a sibling and I know I wasn't able to provide you one, however I thought it'd be time for it." Louis spoke.
"Well it's a little too late for that." He stared at her for a moment before taking his backpack into his bedroom.

ooc. ooh look at you! glorious post XD. v proud. looks like i might be the one having to keep up this time! i will reply in about an hour or so, i have to attend a meeting on zoom lol

vanessa's day had been long, and awkward. she milled around her new foster dad's house, looked at family photos on the walls, and generally tried to stay out of the way. it was hard to avoid the dad though, he seemed enthusiastic about having her. also, possibly quite nervous, which she hadn't experienced much. most of her previous foster families were just doing it for the money, or to make themselves feel like better people. she didn't experience many genuine connections, and the few that she had were ruined when she let her temper get the better of her and blew up on them, causing her social worker to swoop in and move her at the first sign of trouble. it was rather frustrating, really. she just wanted a family that was committed to her, one that was willing to hash through the difficulties that would come up. she knew she wasn't perfect, but it always seemed that was the expectation.

vanessa heard the phone call her foster dad made in the living room, and her attention perked. she hadn't had many foster siblings, many of the families who had previously taken her in were older couples with children who had moved out of the house. her caseworker really seemed to choose very specific homes for her. this one was different indeed. vanessa looked up when joseph came in the door, trying to keep her face and emotions unreadable out of uncertainty of how the situation was about to go down. she didn't know this family, after all. though louis seemed nice enough, sweet.

"hey, dad....why is there a homeless girl standing in our livingroom? is she lost?" as these words reached vanessa's ears, the mask of unreadability was lost and gave way to one of anger. she suppressed a low growl in her throat--weird! she had never found herself growling out loud before. sure, the reflex was always there, but she usually suppressed it because it was socially unacceptable, obviously. she wasn't an animal! this family brought out weird sides of her, however. anger flashed in the young woman's eyes as the exchange continued.

"joseph micheal lee, that is no way to talk to a young woman. apologize!"
"sorry..."
"good, now that both of you are home. i get to reveal the big news. joseph, this is vanessa your new step sister! isn't that great?"
"you're joking right? i thought you had brought home another one of your dates home dad. not a fucking child. this is ridiculous."

unable to suppress the growl rising in her throat anymore, vanessa growled loudly. first of all, i'm NOT your step-sister. that would require me to have a mother, and clearly i don't, or else i wouldn't be here, now would i? she snapped, venom and anger in her words. poor louis, he didn't deserve this. his rude idiot of a son did, however. and secondly, if i am a child, so are you, because you are MUCH less mature than you should be! she growled at joseph before watching him storm off. like a child. anger bubbled very closely under the surface, and threatened to explode. she turned to louis. louis, i don't think he wanted a foster sister. she stated dryly, with a slightly sarcasic smile. the young woman sighed deeply, running a hand through her hair. i think i need a moment alone, i'll be outside if you need me. she informed the father before making her way to the front yard, slumping against the large oak tree out front. this had turned out to be quite the day.

Louis let out a big sigh, he folded into himself. His hand pressed into the bridge of his nose, giving it a squeeze. This wasn't how the interaction was suppose to turn out, at all. He was utterly embarrassed at his sons actions and remarks, he raised him better then this. He exhaled through his nose and marched over to his sons room, swinging the door open.
"Joseph. Micheal. What was that! Why do you think it was acceptable to treat our guest like that. Someone that was invited into our home in such a manner. I raised you better then this!" He barked, arms folded tightly around his chest. "What you said in there is be in disrespectful. She has every right to be angry right now-" He was cut off by the utter look of despair on his sons face. He inched closer and sat on the edge of the bed. "Look, I get it, having a new edition to this family is going to be difficult. I know it was hard when your mom left, I get that. But, this girl here has been to foster home to foster home. No one appears to want her. But I do.. The foster care system is a broken. Leaving kids in their to survive like that is absurd. She's been through a lot, she doesn't have anywhere to call home. I want to make this her home. She has every right to be here. Do you understand?" He asked firmly.

Joseph nodded his head in agreement. "Good, now I want you to go out their and apologize."
"Now?" He asked, a bit annoyed.
"Yes, now. Now go, while I make diner ok." He patted his back and left his room.

Joseph sighed and got up, heading towards the front entrance. He took a breath before opening the door. He watched her a bit before sitting down beside her.

vanessa leaned back against the tree, feeling the soft grass beneath her hands as she spread her fingers into the dirt. she had always loved nature, and being close to it seemed to bring a sense of clarity to her brain, no matter what else was going on. she heard the door open moments after she sat down, and took a deep breath. she didn't bother to look over and make eye contact with the young man who was now next to her, she knew it was him by the lightness of his footsteps. louis's were heavier. despite being removed from the situation, and knowing in her head that joseph definitely had his own issues going on, and that there was no way his anger was truly directed at her because he actually didn't know her, she was still angry for the words that had been said in the kitchen.

the young brunette woman resolved to not speak first. she was fine with awkward, comfortable even. when one lives in foster care one's entire life, they really become accustom to others feeling uncomfortable with the newness of having a stranger in their kitchen, or livingroom, or wherever it might be. while it might be this family's first time having a seemingly random girl thrown into their lives, it was this seemingly random girl's 14th time sitting on the other end of the awkward, and she almost got a sarcastically joyful pleasure from watching awkward situations. she leaned her head back against the tree, shifting her weight to turn slightly the other direction, facing away from joseph who had followed her outside. she wondered how long it was going to take him to speak. the sun felt nice on her skin, she could get comfortable here and do this for quite some time.

Joseph squinted when the sunlight fell into his eyes, blinding him temporarily. He lowered his head down a little, letting out a small sigh.

"Um, I didn't mean for my words to come out the way they did." He paused looking over at her for a moment before continuing. "I um, I shouldn't have called you homeless and a child, because your neither of those things. Hell, what I did storming off like that was." He paused once more. "Look, I know you went through alot and I have no right to tell you how to feel about this situation but, I just want you to know I'm sorry." He replied sincerely. He rose his head, letting the sunlight hit his face. He relaxed against the rays. Allowing himself to bask in the moment, in the silence of it all.

vanessa raised an eyebrow when he began to speak, though not breaking her gaze, which was currently locked on observing a flower in front of her, to look at him. his words sounded sincere, and he hadn't fundamentally wounded her, so she decided to forgive. she was the type to forgive and try and move on rather than holding grudges, though it didn't always come easily to her. she was rather passionate, and tended to have a "loud" personality. she tried, though, to be consistent in it. well, thank you. i accept your apology. i know this isn't ideal for anyone, and we don't know how long i'll be here, so let's try and make the best of it, yeah? she said with a soft smile, turning to really look at him for the first time.

plus, technically i am homeless. she said with a sarcastic tone and a short laugh, shaking her head with a sigh. i absolutely can't wait until i age out of this terrible system and i can find somewhere to live permanently, and actually build a life, rather than having mine be uprooted and moved every year.. she said wistfully, though fear gripped at her even as she dreamed for the future. she truly didn't know how she was going to afford her own place, much less food, or bills. she never had a job before, she was never in one place long enough to really establish herself. plus, employers always frowned upon a foster kid who had "violent" on their permanent record. the girl swallowed a thick lump in her throat and tried to shake off the bitter feelings that she found rose up all too quickly.

" I get that, it must be hard though. Considering your the same age as me. It sucks to know that you never really had a place to call home, hell you were moved all the way out here to New Orleans for god sake." He chuckled slightly. "But yeah, I mean I can hook you up with a job if you'd like? I work at a restaurant as a server most weekends and weekdays, I can put in a good word for you." He replied. "The people there are very nice, makes you feel like your apart of a family ya know? But if it's not your what your looking for then, we can keep looking." He stated, turning to really get a glimpse of her. "But um yeah, I-" he was cut off by the sound of his father.
"Kids! Dinners ready! I made pot roast!" He called.
"Ok! We'll be there in a minute!" Joseph called back and got up from the ground.

Last edited:
vanessa laughed at his new orleans comment. you don't like it here? she questioned, raising an eyebrow. i haven't seen too much of the town, i don't know if i could say whether or not i agree with you yet. she laughed, raising her hands in a mock 'i don't know' shrug. in reality, she was actually really excited to go out on the town, new orleans was infamous for being lovers of the mystical and the oddities. that, she related to, especially as a foster kid. maybe her people were out there.

at his offer at a job she found herself surprised again. that's very odd, she hadn't said anything out loud about wanting a job. don't tell me you're a mind reader! i was just thinking about wanting a job! she said, smiling. i think that sounds wonderful. as long as they're okay with somebody with no work experience.. i've never been anywhere long enough since i've been old enough to have a job. besides the odd garage cleaning gig, that is. she said, chuckling.

at that, louis stuck his head out the door and called for dinner. vanessa grinned, and followed suit as joseph stood up. praise. i'm SO hungry!

Louis smiled at the exchange, they seemed to be getting along. Well, at least not yet. He could bask in this moment for what it was worth. Though, he hoped that they wouldn't be at each others throats. "Wash your hands before you two touch anything." He warned, before he started to set the table. He placed the roast in the center, while the red plates sat at either corners of the table. He had white rice as well as corn on the cob sitting on it, along with dippings on the roast scattered across the rice. He took a seat at the far end and waited patiently for the teens to arrive.

Joseph quickly washed his hands, he was quite famished considering he hadn't eaten sense noon. So he had an appetite. He went to tie his hair up in a bun, when his last hairtie broke into two. He sighed and went for a side braid instead. He went ahead and took a seat in the middle, rolling his sleeves. "Dad, this looks really good." Louis smiled once more. "Why thank you, cooked it until it was tender." Joseph licked his lips, eyes hungry.

vanessa followed joseph in, and took a seat across from him at the table, next to louis. then hearing the request to wash hands she laughed and got up to wash her hands, and then sat down again. she watched louis set the table, eyeing the roast with a very expectant expression. she never had consistency with meals before, some foster families were health nuts, some were vegan, but the majority were living on fast food and supermarket paychecks. she was excited for home cooking--roast especially! louis, this looks amazing! she said, smiling. thank you.

[ooc.] so sorry about the crap post. i thought i had posted before which is why it took me so long to reply, and then i lost muse XD *tears*

[It's alright]

Louis smiled. "Why thank you Vanessa. Ok, let's bow our heads and give thanks to the lord." He lowered his head, eyes closed and began to speak. "Thank you Lord for blessing my family today, for this home, my son, my new foster kid, and overall thank you for being active in our lives. Amen. Let's eat!" He announced and started to cut his roast.
"Amen." Joseph repeated and did the same, he took a bite and moaned in bliss. The roast melted into his mouth with ease. He took the meat and placed it over the rice, taking another.

[ooc.] it’s dead week and finals week for me, so i might be less active until may. i’ll try to get one or two posts in a week though! (also; imma throw some spice into this role play to get things moving if that’s okay? it feels a tad slow. i think i’ll have her start to ask questions to get the plot going?

vanessa cleared her throat, bowing her head as they prayed. then digging into dinner she shook her head with a smile. oh my gosh.... so good. what’s in this?? she asked, thoroughly enjoying the meal. there was something about the way this meat was cooked that made it melt in your mouth. most homes have such a different dynamic than the others, i can never know what to expect. i do have to say though, i sincerely prefer your food. she laughed, nodding towards louis.

so guys, i suppose it’s question time now. i’m pretty talkative, and i’ve learned to be direct because that’s really the only way to get to it. so you’re just gonna have to stop me if i start to talk your ear off. she laughed, shrugging with a mischievous smile. for someone who had been through so much, vanessa surprisingly retained her optimistic and people loving disposition. there was also something about how raw and real this family was, how they didn’t pretend to be perfect, that set her at ease. they all seemed pretty emotional and prone to outbursts of their passions, and she could definitely relate to that.

so, why did you decide you wanted a foster kid? she asked, taking another bite of the roast. for most families, this was her test question. some would lie, and she had learned to pick up on cues when people were lying because of the natural consequences of being bounced from person to person her whole life. also, her senses just seemed to be a bit sharper than those around her. however, unbeknownst to vanessa, she had met her match with this family.

"Why thank you, it's my own recipe-" Louis was son cut off by his son.
"Dad, you found this off the internet. All you did was was tweak a few things." Joseph snickered.
"So what if I did, it tastes good doesn't it." He smirked taking another bite.
Joseph simply rolled his eyes at the comment, shoveling another fork fulled of meat into his mouth. He turned his attention from his father onto Vanessa. She seemed to be quite talkative this evening. He just assumed she wanted to ask a few questions as to why she was here. He turned to his father for an answer, he as curious as she was. Louis set his utensils down, his expression unreadable to the naked eye. He knew eventually he would have to bring this up, he didn't suspect for it to be so soon. "Um, well... My wife and I always wanted to have a big family, we dreamed of having at least 3 to 4 children. Though, they're were complications that lead to us only having one. It took some time..." He paused taking a breath. "I wanted to give my son a sibling, my wife and I tried for a few years. Doing whatever we could to conceive. As you can see it didn't work." He gave a small smile. "But, since my wife's passing its been hard on us, um...we grew apart and our relationship just fell apart. I mean now we are in a better place, but it really did take a few years to get to this point. So I decided to fulfill our wish to have another child, so here you are." He raised his hand gesturing towards her.

Joseph stayed quiet the entire time. He stopped eating, started to pick at his food. He had lost his appetite the second his father brought his deceased mother. Un healed wounds started to raise to the surface. Making himself deeply uncomfortable and anxious. He sighed. " Are you done. You could've brought this up after dinner or talked to her about this privately? I don't need to be in this discussion."
"Hey now, she has the right to know. I understand this is a touchy subject for you, but she was going to find out sooner or later." He replied.

vanessa pursed her lips, eating as she listened to the conversation unfold. “i decided to fulfill our wish to have another child, so here you are.” louis said, and looked at her. joseph had stopped talking at this point, and she could tell he was uncomfortable. a pang of sympathy caused her to smile softly in his direction. if she knew him better, she might’ve been tempted to reach out and touch his arm comfortingly. but she didn’t, she wasn’t sure how that would’ve gone over. an awkward pause ensued, and vanessa took a deep breath. this was always such an awkward conversation to have.

”louis, i understand the sentiment, and i appreciate your heart...” she paused, glancing from jason to louis, “and i am truly sorry about your wife.. but i’m not her daughter.. i can’t replace the children you wanted to have.. i don’t really expect that I’ll stay here, do you?” she asked softly, cleaning her throat. “i’m 16.. i’ll age out in a few years. don’t get me wrong, i definitely would love to be here until then, but kids my age just don’t really get adopted..” she sighed, glancing up from the spot on the table that she had been staring at. she picked up her water and awkwardly took a drink, hoping one of the boys would break the silence

Louis nodded with her statement. “Yeah, I get that it’s an odd proposition for you to be here. Nearly 2 years off from being an adult and get a taste of what adult life is like. Especially with how messed up the foster care system is, it must have been difficult not having a stable living environment.” Sympathizing with her. “And it’s even more difficult being a wolfblood with little to no resources available. I just hope that I can provide that for you here. But hey, if this is too much then I-“ He was cut off by the expression on Vanessa’s face. “You look a little pale, are you alright?” He asked with concern, getting up from his chair.

Joseph looked up as well from his plate, when he heard a spike in her heart rate. “Oh, shit...”

Last edited:
vanessa breathed a soft sigh of relief as louis actually responded really well. usually foster parents weren’t this understanding, and he seemed to take everything she threw at him in stride. the young girl let a soft smile stretch across her lips as she nodded along with his words. she was about to say ‘thank you,’ but then he kept going, and the next words that louis spoke were going to be a life shattering turning point for her when she looked back on this moment, but for now they were just odd, and confusing. ”and it’s even more difficult being a wolfblood with little to no resources available. i just hope that i can provide that for you here. but hey, if this is too much then i—“

vanessa’s face changed as he said the word “wolfblood.“ a what?? she narrowed her eyes ever so slightly. was he pulling a prank on her? did her social worker know about her extra senses? were they all working together to try and give her an absurd psych diagnosis? ”excuse me, a what? louis, you were saying everything right until you said that! did sherri talk to you? listen, i’m not mental, okay?? you don’t have to make up some bogus diagnosis to make me feel like i need your help.. i’m seriously fine.” she said, fighting to keep a low growl from escaping her mouth. her anger was quickly rising, she was TIRED of everyone trying to slap a mental health issue on her to “help solve” the problems. ”i am NOT a problem, louis.” she said, hazel optics narrowing.

“Your not a problem Vanessa I never said that nor spoke to your social worker. Also I never assumed that you had any mental health issues, I promise.” He stayed sincerely, as he tried his best to calm the situation down. “What I said is implicating what type of species you are is all, I’m sorry if it came off in a negative light. But I never indirectly stated that you were “mental”.”

“Dad, I don’t think she knows what she is. With that kind of reaction, I doubt it.” He stated, looking at her with concern. “Your a wolfblood, the “crazy” shit you’ve been dealing with are in fact inherited from a generations of wolfblood DNA. Part human and part wolf, Intertwined.” He tried to explain but she seemed so shocked that he didn’t know whether or not she was listening to what he had to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back