• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Wizard of Nowhere Yet

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This RP is inspired by the movies and TV series such as Wizard of Oz and Tin Man. Only it isn’t going to be set in the Land of Oz. Instead it is going to be in a homebrew setting. I am going to need someone to play the part of our Dorothy. Feel free to use an original name.

Much as in the canon story you will arrive by storm. But you don’t have to be in a house picked up by a tornado. Instead you could be in a yacht, car, SUV, pickup, RV, etc. The more details the better. If you arrive in a vehicle it may or may not work. Up to you. Of course, it would only get you so far.

We will need to build a kingdom - or a lack of one. The Wizard may be living in the ruins of an old keep, a remnant of what was once a kingdom. There could BE no Oz or equivalent.

In keeping with the tradition of the canon story, I will begin with three NPCs that are intended to end up joining you on your quest to seek out the legendary wizard. They will be real fixer uppers, each dysfunctional in their own way. As you may recall from the story that inspired this group: the Scarecrow lacked a brain; the Lion was a coward; and the Tin Man had no heart. I am going to mix up the order in which they are encountered though.

Dryad, a plant based humanoid
Not the brightest tool in the shed. Has something of a childlike personality.

Kozan warrior (anthropomorphic feline)
In self-exile for cowardice. He’s even afraid to admit he’s a coward.

Tin Man, former knight, a cyborg creature of law and order
Steed
Dog
The most complicated of the three. As a concept, sort of a cross between the Frankenstein monster and a robot, but created with a fair bit of beauty (though she won’t look it when first encountered). She will be discovered torn quite literally limb from limb, for all intents left for dead.

You will also need a decent CS. I prefer a decent pic (photo or high quality art) that shows the face. Age, background, skills, where she is from, language(s) spoken, any possessions she starts with.

Posting
3rd person past tense
Modest literacy

Contact via PM

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back