• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Within These Woods

Abyss

It's lonely in the deep
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys, Abyss here. I've been thinking about werewolves lately, and I'd like to pitch an idea out there to see if anyone else might be interested too.

The idea revolves around a team of cryptologists/beast hunters currently staking it out in a town suffering what appear to be animal attacks, and as they search for the evidence to identify the responsible party, the team uncover a clue that leads them to believe the creature may be a werewolf. Not long after the discovery, the team become targets themselves, and one by one, they awaken deep in the woods with no recollection of the prior night.

A week after their respective returns, the individuals find themselves plagued by even stranger occurrences; strange cravings, improved senses, and spontaneous mood swings are only the beginning—and no ones grasping at straws when they think it must be related to the supernatural.

*This RP would centred around the group, focusing on the transformations impact on their lives, how each character struggles to recollect their memories, and the group's goal on uncovering the 'lone wolf' responsible for turning them. But they won't be the only ones interested on what's going on, soon a team of 'special investigators' join the hunt, and they're not keen on letting anyone—victim or otherwise—roam around freely...*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another idea—> Instead of humans adapting as werewolves, its the opposite, with werewolves finding themselves suddenly thrust into the human world and monitored under the watch of a suspicious government official, with an unusual hobby best kept secret...

During a scientific expedition to study a new species of mountain dwelling wolves, a ragged group—of what are presumably survivors from an ancient civilization— are recovered and taken back to the U.S (or Canada) in order to be reintroduced to the rest of humanity, as well as recorded for their progress in adaption. The survivors struggle to keep their... abilities... secret, but are soon found out to be shape shifters, better known as werewolves. However before they can be taken by the authorities an inside 'friend' arranges for their escape....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the moment there is no limit for sign ups, but I'd like to have more than five active role-players. The RP will be border-lining on detailed, with a good paragraph being expected per post, and while I understand sometimes this may not be possible, one-lining will not be permitted. Five sentences is the minimum,( but try your best to do more!) basic grammar (Capitals, periods, and spaces between words) is a must, but I know everyone—including myself— make mistakes, so I won't be too pushy about that.

Thanks to everyone for reading this! Please let me know your thoughts, I'm not a mind reader (Does that work over the internet?) so I'll need you to do more than send out ominous brain waives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely interested! I love cryptids and i like the idea that this is also a psychological thriller type deal-eo.

qwtp said:
I'm definitely interested! I love cryptids and i like the idea that this is also a psychological thriller type deal-eo.
Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it. I've also added an alternative plot just incase, but if there's enough interest for both I may end up making a separate thread... or combine both plots.

[QUOTE="alex the fox]resserve me a spot

nevermind. i don't like were wolfs

[/QUOTE]
Ok, let me know if you change your mind ^^.

Glad to hear it! One more person and I'll start getting the thread up.

Happy to have you @The Suspicious Eye !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys, now that we have five people I'll start getting the thread ready, so expect it sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Okay, so both ideas are fantastic!

And I just
love werewolf role plays. Werewolves are definitely one of my favorite supernatural beings. ♥

@Grape @The Suspicious Eye

The current plot is up for debate, but I'm playing around to see if theres a way to combine both of them, or have them connect later on.

@Amityvillager I agree, werewolves always seem have something interesting to contribute, and I enjoy anything werewolf based, or with werewolves somewhere involved, but there doesn't seem to be enough RPs with them out there... :(

Hey ~

Here's to hoping that despite having the five people you need - there's still a spot open. If so - I'd love to be a part of this rp! (If not - please excuse me for making a nuisance of myself, I'm so new it's not even funny).

@Abyss I know! I always want to make one, but I can't ever think of a good storyline that isn't cliche or an idea snatch from someone else, lol. Either that, or everyone's particular "breed" of werewolf is different.

Keturah said:
Hey ~
Here's to hoping that despite having the five people you need - there's still a spot open. If so - I'd love to be a part of this rp! (If not - please excuse me for making a nuisance of myself, I'm so new it's not even funny).
Not to worry, I'm planning to keep this RP open for as long as possible, and your more than welcome to join ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back