• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Witches' Coven RP

Wake

An Aesthetic sham
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It is said in the land of Valanor that those who can wield magic were blessed in ancient times; that in each of their veins runs a single drop of blood from God himself; that to use magic, one must draw upon the mystic power that sleeps within their very soul.

This is fiction.

In reality, anyone has the potential to learn magic with the right knowledge and materials. Any spell can be conjured with the flick of a pen. By writing the right rune, nearly anything can be accomplished.

In this society, taking place in the rough equivalent of a post-renaissance time period, magic is integrated as an integral part of everyday life. Thousands of people make their living through the production and sale of magical objects and offering services as witches. Even the core of government and law enforcement is entirely made up of witches in an organization known as Sigil, who maintain the laws of the land and uphold the disciplines of magic.

At its base level, magical society takes place in a coven- a gathering of witches to study their craft and hone their skills. It’s simultaneously a place of education, research, and communal living. Here, our story takes place.

This RP is a magical/slice of life story that will probably take place mostly in a single coven. I try to be pretty loose with GMing, but please try to stick with the guidelines of the world. I’m open to hearing new ideas, but most of the worldbuilding is kind of set. The expectations are for posts of at least a meaty paragraph, but no big rush on response times. I’d also like some people who won’t drop out; I mainly don’t want this to die.

Meta rules are pretty basic: Don’t be an ass, don’t make your character too OP, common courtesy etc. you know the drill. Though be prepared to tweak your character. If you’re interested, tell me if you want OOC to be on Discord or a thread. Also I’d rather you not, but if you’re going to metaRP just don’t be obnoxious about it.

There’s a bit much in the lore page because this world is kind of my pet, but please briefly skim it over. The most important stuff is here, but the reasoning behind it and other such stuff will be under lore.

In-Game Rules/Info
-Any magic directly altering or manipulating any sort of life at all is strictly prohibited, save for the exception outlined in the lore.
-Any magic that greatly alters landscapes is strictly prohibited.
-Any magic that interferes with the economy (ex. Creating gold) is strictly prohibited.
-Magic with the capability of causing massive destruction (in the vein of an atom bomb or something) is strictly prohibited
-Magic designed with the intent to murder is strictly prohibited
-All these laws are enforced very strictly and with harsh punishments by Sigil
-The RP will take place in a coven, of which my character is the head.
-This RP takes place ambiguously post-renaissance, so try not to make any anachronisms
-You might have to modify your character a bit, so sorry about that.

If you have any questions, I’m all ears!

Last edited:

here's the character sheet

If you're interested in joining, please tell me if you'd rather a forum or a discord server!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back