Witcher Training

The Woods

@TommyGun15 @folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @shadowstrikr25

Lillith grinned, hearing what he was saying to the girl whose name she couldn't be bothered to remember. She walked behind a tree for a brief moment, and when she came back out from behind it she was back to herself.

She slowly clapped as she walked towards Valian and the girl. "Well done, Valian. This isn't the first time I've done something like this. Normally people just assume that their ears are playing tricks on them." She chuckled as she stopped in front of him and the girl. "Then again, you've met me before. There were many other ways you could have known I was not a child."

Her ever present grin twisted into a sadistic smirk as she stared at him before turning towards the area Grim and Geralt were. She heard Grim kill the chameleon, so that was a good thing she supposed.
"I wouldn't worry about the Chameleon, though. The otter boy has disposed of it. A boy like that, well." She turned her head so that she was barely looking at Valian with her eyes glowing blue. "I imagine he must be tasty. Maybe I should go get him."

Of course, Lillith did not want even a taste of his blood. She hated animal blood. 

The Woods

@Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @TommyGun15

Valian's eyes went wide as he heard Lillith's words.  He saw Reagan's sword so close and grabbed it from her, whirling around to face the predator.  His stance was a bit unsteady, but it was clear he'd fight for his brother.  "Take one step... I dare you."  There was a ferocity in his words and in his look that was new.  But he would protect his family, whatever race, from harm.  The sword was unbalanced, something he knew would put him at a disadvantage, but it was silver... and enchanted, so it had a chance at wounding her badly.

The Woods

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Reagan had followed Valian, until he pulled her away from the suspicious little girl. 'Did he finally realize something was off about this?' She sighed in irritation. "Well, not arguing with you there. Took you long enough. A little girl in the middle of a giant monster fight didn't seem a little odd to you? When she'd probably be with her parents or something?" The vampire explaination wasn't that hard to buy, seeing as the rule of universes didn't seem to always apply as expected here. "Yeah, lizard first, then her."

As Lillith revealed herself and he sword was snatched, Reagan's hands started sparking. Within what she was sure were the last 24 hours, she had died, been revived, knocked out, exposed to an unknown mutagen, and had to survive against two giant monsters. Dealing with Lillith wasn't the ideal form of stress relief, she would have preferred to build something. However, she would still help Valian. "I've got your back." She nodded to Valian and kept her eyes on Lillith. If she was lucky, the vampire would just leave. If she wasn't, then someone would be in for a shock.

The Woods

Lillith's eyes widened as her grin returned. It had only faltered for a brief moment. "So she didn't lie. Excellent."

That being said, Lillith was glad that she had her sword with her. She was unsure how, exactly, her shape shifting worked, but it seemed to include hiding any items along with her appearance.

She drew her sword and pointed it at him. Her stance was steady and casual, and betrayed that she had done this many times before. 'So he'll fight for the otter boy. I wonder if he'll give up for him.'

"Is this truly what you want, boy? All the determination in the world isn't going to help you beat me. It will only prolong the inevitable." She giggled at him, her eyes still glowing. "I didn't come here to kill anyone. I don't want the otter boy. You know exactly what it is that I want. He would make a poor substitute, but a substitute nonetheless."

She glanced over at the sparking girl briefly before returning her attention to Valian. "Shock me if you like, young one. I've grown accustomed to pain."

The woods

Lillith laughed at him, a bone chilling sound. It was not filled with glee, as her laughs usually were. More so a dark promise. 

"Do you really think that you can stop me? You are faster, it's true, but you are still not superior to me." Lillith advanced towards him, and with a sweep of her sword, she hit his. Her aim was to knock it out of his hands. Of course, she didn't put much effort into it.

"I didn't kill you last time. But if you don't give in, I will kill you. And then I will kill your friend here, and the otter boy that you hold so close to your heart. Don't test me."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Woods

@folclor @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Lillith, being in her way and monologue prone, was not exactly convincing Reagan that she was anything but someone who needed to be electrocuted. Her hand was raised and aimed at Lillith, ready to fire lightning at a moments notice. Lillith decided, in her infinite wisdom to start advancing and knock away Valian's sword. And she threatened to kill all of them. 'Well that tears it.' Reagan lauched a continuous bolt of lightning at Lillith, trying to get her muscles to freeze up and buy Valian some time to either get some free hits in, or just run.

MANA: 97%

The Woods

@shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @TommyGun15

The laugh caused his hair to stand on end.  He grimaced as she threatened to kill both Reagan and Grim.  Lillith struck, tearing the sword from his hand and Reagan sent lightning at the teacher.  Valian abandoned his first idea, noting the obvious lack of Geralt or Grim. 'Either Grim has abandoned me or this is a plan between the teachers...  I think it's the latter.'  Instead, he put a hand on Reagan's shoulder.  "Thank you.  It's okay...  Get out of here.  Go, find the teacher and Grim.  Thank you."  He offered her a small smile as an attempt at reassurance.  Of course, she could probably tell he wasn't okay with this, but he was willing to give himself up for their safety.

The Woods

@folclor @shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15 @Lunaria Silver

Grim felt the blade pass through the beasts neck and weight shift, just as his feet touched the ground. Bending at the knees he absorbed the shock of landing. Letting out a snort of frustration, and shaking his head as the smaller chameleon crawled out of the bigger one.

Hearing the assessment and complement? Grim nodded and shrugged, hefting the blade to rest across both shoulders his left arm draped over the blade carefully. " Didn't think it was that risky. I've done stuff like that before. Just minus the monster bit."  The otter smirked and shrugged. " If you want good blades you get them from the Badger Lords of Salamandastron. They never need sharpening and they never break."  He heard the clash of metal and the arcing hum of high voltage discharge. He looked that way, half listening to Geralt. 'Valian! What are you doing?' He nodded to the alchemy teacher. " Sure thing, I'll go tell her.

With that he took off running, twice as fast as he had ever sprinted before. Valian and a few others used to be faster then him, but now he felt like he could keep up. A little. The otter came to a sliding halt, taking in the the situation at a glance. The not-child-women was threatening his bother with a sword. His lay on the ground. And Reagan was blasting away. 'Get her Sparky!' A predatory grin crossed his face as he came to a halt just behind and to the left of the women. " You know how to pick'em bruv!"  He had heard just the tail end Valian's comment to Reagan, he shook his head. The tip of his sword leveled and ready to thrust into the women, from behind, just below her third rib. An easy target to quickly stop her heart.

The Woods

Lillith didn't bother moving out of the way of the lightning, and instead grinned as it hit her. This time, though it was extremely painful, she didn't scream. She only gritted her teeth and stared at the electricity girl.

"What did I say?" She demanded, her voice clipped. If one looked into her eyes, they would see rage swirling in them. "Being electrocuted is my least favorite form of pain."

Her body would heal as quickly as the lightning damaged it, so she only had to bear the pain.

Then, the otter boy was near her. She grinned. "Hello there." She greeted calmly, despite the fact that she was still in pain.

The woman grinned wickedly as she turned to face him, glancing at the sword with only mild concern. Silver wasn't a problem, but she didn't doubt that it would cause her harm.

"Hmmm. Three against one is hardly fair." She commented. At the moment, she felt as if the greatest threat was the otter boy. So she raised her sword and tapped his lightly.

"If the headmistress can revive you, I imagine regenerating an arm would cause no problem." Still, Lillith paused for a moment. Geralt had agreed not to interfere, but if she actually harmed his apprentice, he might be tempted to. 'Well, it happens. I won't kill him.'

"How about this." She began before she grabbed his blade with her free hand. She squeezed it, causing some of her blood to run down it. Of course, as she was currently being electrocuted and the sword was made of pure silver, it conducted the electricity back to him, effectively electrocuting him.

"Think before you act."

The Woods

@Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

Valian gave a cry as he watched the lightning begin to channel toward his brother.  Picking up his sword, he moved to join the battle, swinging at her neck.  If he could decapitate her they, perhaps, stood a chance.  "I didn't pick this one!" he called in response to Grim's earlier comment.  Hopefully, though, this lightning would be as magic to Grim.  Maybe it wouldn't hurt him  "Leave us alone!"  This was, of course, aimed at Lillith.  He hoped he was able to slice through her neck.  The unbalanced blade made the swing a bit iffy, but it was still moving with enough momentum (so fast it could hardly be seen by human eyes) that it would, certainly, rend skin, muscle, and bone.

The Woods

@folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver

Honor-bound not to interfere, Geralt found himself a spot in a nearby tree from which to watch the fight.  He had to admit, it was admirable to see the students so dead set on aiding each other, although against this opponent they would likely only get themselves killed.  As Valian took a swing at Lilith, Geralt lightly petted the chameleon on his shoulder, feeding it a few crickets from a jar in his belt pouch.  Seeing his apprentice get electrocuted, he called out to the students, although technically not interfering.

"I'm dissappointed.  You've all forgetten the first lesson this quickly?"

The Woods

@folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15

Reagan looked at Valian with a raised eyebrow. "So, do you have a plan for that? Because I don't think you do." Reagan kept the pressure on Lillith, probably pissing her right off. Grim showing up got her to smile, seeing he was ready to throw down. "I don't think he's going to leave either." Lillith's reaction made her very, very happy. She wasn't going to leave, so why should anyone make it easier for her, right? Whatever she wanted, it had to do with Valian.

As Lillith tried to electrocute Grim with her own lightning, she was very happy. 'He's immune! It won't do anything to him! This is the best!' She was ready to amp up the voltage as Valian swung at her, causing her to lower it slightly. It was still going, but it hurt a little less. Geralt making his presence known, only got her more irritated. "He's right. Anyone got a smoke bomb handy? Really big mirror? Right, Geralt broke that." Still, she was looking for a weakness. Other than her superior attitude, she didn't spot much that she could use. She did seem to need to be close to do anything.

MANA: 92%

The Woods

Lillith's eyes widened as she heard the rush of air that signified a blade disturbing the air currents and dropped Grim's sword, spinning to the side so that she was just out of reach of the blade. 

Her glowing eyes seemed to grow even more intense as the grin finally dropped from her face. She chose to ignore Geralt's yell, it being of no concern to her.

"Play time is over." She muttered. She ran back in front of Grim, wrapping her hand around his neck. She was aiming to prevent him from speaking, and attacking her.

"You are telling me to leave you all alone, but my aim was not to harm anyone here. Isn't it true that your own actions are causing this? You are the one I am after, so why are you dragging your friends into what could possibly be their deaths?" Lillith voice sounded hallow and cruel as she spoke. Her eyes were void of any emotion. She tightened her grip around Grim's neck, seemingly unwilling to stop. It was obvious that Lillith was pissed.

The Woods

@Lunaria Silver @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

Valian's eyes went wide as Lillith grabbed onto Grim.  He knew what that grip felt like.  Though he could see Grim struggling, Valian knew there wasn't a way around this.  No.  There was a way out.  One that he didn't like, one that none of them would.  His eyes narrowed and he held his blade at his own neck.  "Okay, then.  You want me.  You'll release him.  I will kill myself if you do any harm to him.  And not kill myself in a way you can use.  I will cut my own head off.  Whatever you want with me, I'm betting you need me alive or, at least, whole.  So let him free.  Cause neither him nor Reagan harm."  The look in his eyes said he wasn't joking.  He could swing that sword with enough speed, before she could stop him, to behead himself.

He wasn't saying he'd go with her.  He wasn't saying he'd do anything of the sort.  No.  All he was saying was that if she didn't release Grim or if she caused his brother or Reagan harm, he would kill himself.  He didn't know her weakness, but he was a bargaining chip right now and he knew that much.

The Woods

@folclor @shadowstrikr25 @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15

Grim smiled as grabbed his blade, Reagan's power flowing through Lillith, across his blade into him. He just laughed. Keeping his eyes on her, catching Valian's movement out the corner of his eye, the otter sharply pulled his blade from her grasp as she moved to dodge the incoming blow. He took a step back ready to swing in towards her legs. The otter ignored the alchemy teacher's comment and rolled his eyes. 'We were unarmed for the first lesson.

When Lillith grabbed his neck he narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. " You're right, it's over!" His left foot paw came crashing down onto her foot, attempting to break it. He dragged the blade along the inside of her leg, from knee to thigh, as he curled his legs up towards his chin. His left paw reached back to grab her hair and pulled sharply, building momentum, curling up and over her arm, using his enhanced dexterity and speed to move. Her grip on his neck was down, but the leverage and position he was in made it possible to flip over her shoulder, he felt his jaw pop out of place because of her forearm. 

Landing on his foot paws the augmented otter held his blade horizontally above his right shoulder in a two pawed grip. From here he could strike from above the side or block as well. 

The Woods

Lillith had turned her attention to Valian, and loosened her grip. Of course, that was when Grim decided to stomp down on to her foot. He succeeded in breaking it. Out of reflex she lifted her foot up with a hiss of pain and glared at him.

This glare intensified when he flipped over her, and cut up her leg. Those injuries didn't really anger her as much as him pulling her hair. On top of that, her dress was in an awful state. She released her grip on his neck while he was pulling her hair. 

Lillith dropped her hand to her side and did not turn around to face him.

"In case you're curious, you did manage to break my foot." She stated, her voice low. "It will heal in time."

Instead of merely slowly turning to face him as she usually did, the bloody Queen whipped around faster than she had moved as of yet this day, and brought her broken foot forward.

She aimed a kick to his side that, if it hit, would likely send him flying through several trees. But as her enraged eyes caught sight of Valian yet again, she stopped suddenly. She was now balanced on one foot, with the other raised in the air near Grim.

She slowly put her broken foot down, that she would have definitely damaged if she had kicked the otter, and hissed at him, baring her fangs which were now extremely prominent.

"Enjoy this little victory while you can, Otter Boy. I'm not awake yet." She ground out as she turned away from him. She held her sword at her side, not returning it to it's sheath as she started to walk away. Well, limp.

She wasn't limping prominently, but it was obvious that she was hurting by the way that the grace she usually moved with was no longer present. Her movements were sloppy now. 'All this, just to make it easier on the boy. How ungrateful.'

She turned her head slightly towards Valian. "One last thing, Valian." She began, her voice back to it's usual joyful tone.

The Woods

He felt like cheering as he watched his brother break free so masterfully.  Yes, Grim was certainly a force to be reckoned with.  However, Valian held his stance, knowing that attacking someone like that could lead to a swift end.  As Lillith began to walk, Valian made sure to keep a fair distance between the two of them, backing up if he needed to.  He didn't trust her.  If he could get her to agree not to attack his friends he would've taken off right then and there, but it was obvious she needed a reminder of his threat.

'I shouldn't've given her my name...'  He didn't let his doubt show, however, as she addressed him.  "No, I'm interrupting you here.  If you hurt any of my friends in any way, I will make sure I am completely unusable to you.  You don't get to dictate this."  He glared at her.  "And don't think I don't have the stomach to kill myself.  I will get creative, I will do whatever it takes for you to scream when you find me, knowing you lost what you were looking for.  That is a standing threat.  It doesn't go away because you leave them alone this time."  There was no room for debate in his tone.

The Woods

Lillith's eyes stopped glowing while he was speaking. "I wasn't going to make a threat, Cibus." It was obvious how annoyed she was at him due to the fact that she had called him food again.

"I don't think you understand the predicament you are in. If you kill yourself, I'll take another. It doesn't matter who. You were chosen due to your speed." She left the implication that any one of his friends would do at this point, due to the added speed that came with being a witcher.

Of course, she was most likely drawn to him because he looked so similar to Nathan, but she kept that to herself. There was also the fact that his blood was delicious. Her tone didn't reveal any of these things.

'One last chance.' She thought. Lillith's back was still turned to him as she felt her broken foot begin to heal, slowly and painfully. The various cuts on her body were slowly beginning to close up. Those caused no pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Woods

His mouth agape at her statement, he wavered momentarily.  Chosen for what?  Quickly, he shook his head.  Should he call her bluff?  Was it a bluff?  If he said something would she go after Grim?  Reagan?  Valian looked between them, his doubt evident.  What was he to do?  He glanced at Grim and his resolve broke.  He couldn't doom his brother to a possible life as... whatever this woman wanted.  The sword dropped and he hung his head.

"What are you wanting of me?"

The Woods

@folclor @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @Lunaria Silver @TommyGun15

Reagan had kept the electricity going, which didn't seem to bother Lillith in the slightest. Reagan found that rather annoying. Valian's threat got a raised eyebrow though. 'Wow. Are you really that set on playing hero? Didn't think that was possible outside of the Boros. You'd probably like them.' She kept a thin beam of electricity on Lillith, ready to amp it up if a she got violent again. Odds are, she'd barely feel it at this point. With her free hand, she drew one of her daggers. If Lillith was going to attack her, she wouldn't go down without a fight.

However, Valian seemed to buy into Lillith's threats or taking another in his place. 'For what? I know it's not me, but can't all this weirdness be explained? Just once, I want someone to be straightforward with everything.' However, Lillith's statement had a small problem. There had to be faster students than them, right? She was sure she'd seen someone leave skid marks in the hall from their shoes. 'There's probably something else to this. Again.' Reagan did have a plan of action if Lillith tried anything funny, and it could be executed within a few seconds. She quietly crept closer to Valian, waiting.

The Woods

Lillith turned around with a bright smile as she stared at Valian. Her eyes barely concealed her anger. 'Nice to see him complying. It'll hurt less.' Had he not chosen to comply, she would have thrown her sword at him in an attempt to pierce his lung. As long as he lost blood, she could claim him.

"Nothing too...taxing. I merely want you to be my companion." She said with an amused smirk. She was grateful that Zeus' Harlot (Reagan) had toned down the lightning. She bore it well, but it really did hurt.

"Do we have a deal?" She asked him, holding her hand out for him to shake. She made no effort to approach him. She was being rather vague with what she meant, but technically she was not lying. Her expression and voice was sincere because of this.

The Woods

@Lunaria Silver @shadowstrikr25 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna @TommyGun15

Valian didn't trust what she said.  "That's too vague.  I'm not making a deal where I don't know all the variables.  What's the fine print here?"  He crossed his arms, his expression telling her he wasn't likely to agree unless she told him.  And if he knew, would he agree?  Likely not.  He wasn't about to rush hastily into this.  Not only that, he seemed more wary than he had initially.  Half-truths often did not sit well with his kind, even if he did not innately have the ability to tell truth from lie.

The woods

Lillith sighed and looked down. She weighed what could happen if she told him before deciding to explain further. "Fine. I want you to be my Chevalier, my companion through the ages. My knight. My guardian. My protector. Is that specific enough?" She demanded, annoyance obvious in her tone of voice. 

"We will share a special bond, a blood bond. I will no longer cause you any harm." Once again, she was not telling a single lie. She wasn't intentionally keeping anything from him, either. Her definition of harm was almost draining a person, plus drinking the blood of her Chevalier would never harm them. So long as she showed restraint.

The Woods

Valian want sure what to say. That didn't sound like something he wanted to pursue. It occurred to him that he might lose his connections to others in order to protect her. After all, that's what a knight did, right? Pledge his loyalty and remain at the beck and call of his liege? The boy shook his head.

"No. I refuse to do it. Instead, I'll protect this school and its students from you!" Once again, he took up his sword, determination written upon his features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back