Witcher Training

The Woods

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@shadowstrikr25 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Geralt nodded. 

"That's about the size of it.  To clarify, I don't care what sort of monster's heads you bring me.  Bring me the heads of an anorexic goblin and it's pet rat for all I care.  The trick of it is, I don't just expect you two to kill two beasts, I expect you two to also show me your payment for them.  A Witcher hunts monsters as a profession, and the most important part of that is to be paid for your kills.  I expect each of you to bring me the head of at least one monster, and at least one hundred gold each that you have earned for the slaying of said monster or monsters.  Understood?"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Woods

@Lunaria Silver

The Chevalier suddenly realized he hadn't been appropriately outraged, though he didn't understand the language his Queen began to speak.  "May I go hurt them now?  No one who's offended you so greatly should be allowed to live."  He was entirely serious about this.  "No, no, no, can this day get any worse?"

The Woods

@folclor

Lillith, once again, did not answer Valian for a moment.

It took her a minute, but eventually her fists unclenched as she smiled. The only outward sign of her continued rage was her barely perceptibly glowing eyes.

She turned her attention to Valian and shook her head.

"I am inclined to agree with you. But I am afraid that if I let you fight now, you will be overwhelmed. You haven't gotten a proper meal yet. I don't want you to be harmed. Aren't you hungry?" She asked him. She was extremely angry at the moment, but with all the trouble she had gone through to get Valian, she didn't want him damaged before she even got to play with him.

The Woods

@Lunaria Silver

The Chevalier frowned.  "I'm very hungry, but I can take them on.  Your honor has been insulted and I must defend it!  I'll rip that animal's head off...  It has no right to speak to you in that fashion."  "That's my brother and I will make this a living hell for you if you so much as harm a hair on his head."

The Woods

@TommyGun15 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Reagan followed Grim and Geralt, mildly insulted that Geralt thought she wouldn't think things through. She wasn't stupid, after all. Although the fact that they would have to do a job on top of a mission was rather... annoying. 'There's practical, impractical, impossible, and questioning sanity. This is impractical.' She was relieved to hear that they could fight multiple monsters to get the total 200 gold and two heads. Although, there was one important question that popped into her mind. "And if we fail?" Reagan may not be planning to fail, but sometimes knowing the consequences could provide motivation. It seemed like they wouldn't keep the money anyways.

The Woods

@shadowstrikr25 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Gerald raised an eyebrow at the mention of failure.

"Then I hope you like camping.  Think of it this way.  A Witcher lives on the road, making his money by slaying monsters.  A Witcher that can't kill monsters and get paid for it can't buy food, and can't afford a room at an innovative.  If the two of you fail, you'll spend a week in these woods, with all the beasts that now inhabit it.  The only food you'll get is what you can hunt or gather.  Is that motivation enough?"

Gerald was quiet for a moment before he added.

"Oh, and a word of caution.  No matter where you go, it usually isn't difficult to find someone who'll pay to have a monster slain.  But be careful about how much their offering.  If they're offering a pittance, it's rarely worse than rats, or particularly large wolves.  But if they're offering a few hundred gold, it tends to be something a little more dangerous.  You might be tempted to go after something nasty in exchange for a hefty sum, and there isn't anything wrong with that.  Just don't bite off more than you can chew.  I'd rather not lose any more students."

The Woods 

@shadowstrikr25 @TommyGun15

The otter shrugged at the mention of living off of what they can get paid to kill. " Seems straight forward enough. So we're being trained as mercs, except instead of wars we fight monsters." The otter nodded in agreement with Reagan's question and Geralt's answer. Both were reasonable and fair, but he had been living in the woods of Mossflower and beyond for most of his life. That wouldn't be much to him, but Reagan it might be a bit harsh. " I've done the merc thing before coming here, how much of our earnings are you going to keep? Because if you're not dealing out the jobs, it's our kill our money. If you're handing us the job, how much are going to pocket?"  

The Woods

@folclor

Lillith's expression lightened as her eyes stopped glowing. She began to giggle, standing perfectly still.

She blinked rather quickly a few times as she giggled.

She stepped forwards, aiming to walk towards Valian. Unfortunately, she stumbled a bit. The world was spinning around her, but still she tried to stumble her way over to her Chevalier.

She was giggling as she spoke. "It's been so long since I've felt this way. I'm dizzy!" Her laughs became more hysterical as she fell to her knees, finding it difficult to stand at the moment.

"I don't remember the last time I haven't had enough blood! I don't even remember the last time I've worked so hard for something."

Her laughs stopped abruptly as she looked up at the sky. "I haven't had to fight for anything in so long. It was fun. I wasn't bored for once."

It would seem that the energy she expended from her anger combined with the injuries she had received had taken a lot of her energy. Lillith would have been fine, had she drank something other than blood packets, and more of them.

The Woods

@shadowstrikr25 @Grim Wraithe Stjerna

Geralt smirked.

"What makes you think I'll be taking your money.  You two will be finding the contracts, killing the beasts, and collecting the gold.  Whatever the two of you earn you can split between yourselves however you want, but I just want to see proof that you really did as I instructed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back