Winter Time

That full, beaming smile and quick shuffling of money to his counter was the best sign that their deal was confirmed! Even she was feeling the cheer that he was doing his best to spread around. These were good times, meant for good cheer and other nice things. Julius grabbed the terracotta colored pot the small plant was in by the bottom and side and gently moved it from the back of the counter up to Charlie, then gets a small container to keep her holiday snack in. That same beaming smile he kept on his face was there during the whole transaction. "Great! Hope you enjoy your purchase." he says to her as he then takes the money she put on the table and scoops it into the strongbox he had behind the counter. "Hope you enjoy the festivities!" he wishes.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Charlie

Mood :: Nervous

Interacting :: @CoreyXIX

Goal :: Get a yes!

Nodded and waved Julius away, walking away from the wagon with her goods in hand, taking several bites of honey corn as she walked along. Feeling a little underwhelmed with her goodbye, she turned around, facing Julius in his wagon again. Her tail wrapped itself around her right leg, as she was about to do something she didn't normally do.

"Julius?" She called back, weaving through the crowd and back to the front of the counter. "Would you like to join me for a tea in this moment?" She asked, nervously fiddling with the fabric of her jacket.

IMG_3198.JPG

Julius returned the wave as the snake woman departed from her spot at the stand. Truly, this had been a fun time even if things were dying down around his stall. She seemed to be enjoying her snack as well. When she turned and called to him he first thought she may have had another question regarding his wares, but was instead pleasantly surprised by what she really wanted to ask. That way she wrapped her tail around her and the nervous twiddling of her clothing gave him the impression she was taking a leap in asking him to join her for tea. Before he gave an answer he took a quick look to his left, then his right. Nope, nobody else at his wagon nor obviously approaching.

"I'd be delighted to, Charlie!" he replies with a beaming smile, quite happy with this development. Julius pulled the counter upwards, the contraption raising and flipping inwards and making the final wall of the wagon as it too showed that flowing and flowery script that advertised his business. He then steps out of the side door of his wagon and locks it with his key in the process. He then walks over to as he takes his thick gloves off and letting his hands finally get some fresh air. "I was going to take a couple hours off when work died down anyway, you got some great timing."

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

Oslo The Hydra

While Oslo was waiting for anyone to notice him calling for some assistance finally a man approached him. "Yes, please do lend a hand. You see I am quite hungry and..." He paused for a moment smelling then air and inching closer to the man as his inner eye lids blinked. "Pardon me...I thought I smelled another reptile near by...and something rather fishy if you will. Anyways...I was trying to find a exemplary place to eat." He rubbed his stomach as if to signal his hunger. "It has been awhile since I've been to this kind of town and I am not sure where to find some good food." 

Another reptile? He this new person caught a whiff of Gygax's natural form? It was pretty obvious they weren't just some regular old person walking the streets, the inner eye lids a pretty obvious clue. "I know of a couple places where you could probably sate your appetite." He wondered hoe exemplary tis guy would be wanting his food. May as well start at the top!" My name is Gygax, by the way. May I know yours?" he asks as he motions for Oslo to follow him to a spot Gygax had in mind.

@Seraph

"Woah... awesome! I wish I'd had such an ability..." Shura laughed. "But it's sad that you're blind.... I'm sorry blab out that." He added and yawned. "Hmm... I'm still hungry...." Shura thought a bit and then looked back at Oracle. "Yo, Oracle. Can you say what I'll eat next?" Shura asked. He was about to get another candy apple.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Shura looks at him with big eyes, visibly amazed. "You're awesome! I was really about to get a candied apple..." Shura laughed again. "You want one too? Or anything else?" Shura asked and stood up.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Shura smiled and nodded. "Alright!" He then left and walked over to a wagon, buying himself a candied apple. With a smile he went back to Oracle and sat down, the Apple already half finished. "The food is just great...."

@The Fabulous Emerald

"Yes you're right..." Shura said and laughed, remembering old days too. He already finished the candied apple. "Hmm... I'm out of stuff to talk...." Shura sighed and scratches his head.

@The Fabulous Emerald

"Well, I should probably be going anyways. Now that it's starting to get busy, I'm sure they don't want an old fool in the way."

As he says this, he plants his cane in the ground, and hoists himself up.

@Kuroshi

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie

Mood :: Pleased

Interacting :: @CoreyXIX

Goal :: Show Julius the lights.

Charlie nodded and waited for Julius to finish closing up shop, and continued through the crowd when he was ready, slipping through all the other people in her way. She was making her way to a large fountain in the middle of the square, where dozens of fireflies were sparkling above the water. She glanced up at the star momentarily, shining. rightly despite the lights that adorned the alleyway. 

The snake-woman gestured for Julius to follow her, and she arrived at the fountain.

IMG_3198.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Huh? Why old fool?" Shura looks at him rather confused. "If you want to stay, then stay. Don't let others rule your life gramps." Shura laughed. "The festival is for everyone... you should have fun, too." Shura smiled and sighed.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Julius did his best to keep up. He didn't do too badly, although he wasn't quite as agile as the snake woman whom he was following out to their destination. The square had many people in it, just like the rest of town. The star hanging up above the fountain was a nice contrast to some of the surrounding lights as it was perfectly hanging up and looking quite nice, just like the fireflies that wre lingering about. He thought to himself that they were probably enjoying the surrounding as much as the people in the port city!

Julius caught up with her in a few moments as he look at the scenery. "And here I worried I would be missing the sights today!" he comments cheerily when he finally got close enough to her, giving her a smile much like the one he had back at the wagon.

@Galaxy's Silver Lining

"Hmm... well, I won't force you to stay..." Shura said and stood up, starting to stretch. "So, have a good time!" Shura Saud and waved, but then remembered Oracle was blind and stopped. "And be careful!"

@The Fabulous Emerald

Oracle smiled and waved back, as he hobbles back to his home. Presuming that nothing of interest would happen in the meantime, he doesn't leave again until the morning. He collapses onto a bed, and sleeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back