• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (Open) Willow Witches and The Faceless- OOC

//unceremoniously crashes in with an invite

Looking forward to legioning with all of you. lowkey watching how long this legion-train-in-every-post lasts

Foolish Ghoul Foolish Ghoul

1. Are we able to create 2 characters or more?

2. Can I suggest a thread or post specifically dedicated to Q&A related content. Might make it easier to keep up with all the questions that'll inevitably pop up later.

Ah, I forgot to ask. Are there gunssss~?
That is a strangely complicated question. For now, just know character's will be gun free and lets leave it at that.

However, crossbows are always available.

1. Are we able to create 2 characters or more?

2. Can I suggest a thread or post specifically dedicated to Q&A related content. Might make it easier to keep up with all the questions that'll inevitably pop up later.
1. For now, start with one.

2. That's a good idea. I'll get right on it after I take a nap.
Foolish Ghoul Foolish Ghoul is it still considered a legion if the ranks are broken and scattered? Also my CS will prbs be a lil delayed, I like having all the info I can
That's fine. Understandable even.

Hmmmm I'm leaning towards making a Faceless character myself, but I'll wait until the rest of the information for the Willow Witches is available to make a decision! Have a p good concept in mind for a Faceless, still trying to think of one for a Willow Witch in case there aren't enough??? Since I like to draw my characters out, this'll give me time to actually do so lol

Just sorta threw my character WIP at the CS, so I figured I ought to stop by here, too. Gotta say, I'm super pumped for this!

Last edited:
I went ahead and posted a character sheet. I kept Abel's history kind of vague due to me not really knowing the world, so I hope it's sufficient, but I believe his personality is visible throughout it regardless.

Also I sketched up an image of him. We don't actually have to have an image that shows their faces, right?

I went ahead and posted a character sheet. I kept Abel's history kind of vague due to me not really knowing the world, so I hope it's sufficient, but I believe his personality is visible throughout it regardless.

Also I sketched up an image of him. We don't actually have to have an image that shows their faces, right?
He's perect and beautiful.
You don't need to include an image of his face.

:D!! Yay. I'm super excited!

EDIT: Foolish Ghoul Foolish Ghoul I edited a finished picture into the CS. :P
looks friggin awesome! I'll review everything more in full tommorrow.
Are Faceless characters required to know magic?
No, but you'll be at a sever disadvantage. The point of faceless is that they're, for the most part, at a physical disadvantage when it comes to almost any hostile force in this world. Magic helps them in combat and for those who can tame their mutation, mutation can be helpful.

Update: All world info I had intended on sharing is now available. You can view it in the interest check or in the CS page!
Also, I've created a questions thread, with a small Q&A already set up.
Link to the Questions: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/willow-witches-and-the-faceless-questions.354669/
Link to the CS page: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/willow-witches-and-the-faceless-cs.354439/
C.DEX C.DEX Berries Berries dragonsfire dragonsfire Napoleone the Kiwi Napoleone the Kiwi zenguardian zenguardian LocKeii LocKeii Blank Pages Blank Pages Colie Colie Cinderlily Cinderlily tremblelance tremblelance FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 The Gunrunner The Gunrunner DatGuyWelbz DatGuyWelbz Darth Darth Darth Tangent Darth Tangent

I'll be editing those CS "leave blank for now" sections in a moment. Also, don't forget to include weapons and gear in your CS.

Update: C.DEX C.DEX Berries Berries dragonsfire dragonsfire Napoleone the Kiwi Napoleone the Kiwi zenguardian zenguardian LocKeii LocKeii Blank Pages Blank Pages Colie Colie Cinderlily Cinderlily tremblelance tremblelance FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1 The Gunrunner The Gunrunner DatGuyWelbz DatGuyWelbz Darth Darth Darth Tangent Darth Tangent Moritz Moritz

Seeing as many people are having trouble with names, I decided to expand on the magical theory behind it as best I can. You can see that information where all information usually is, or right here:

How It Works (Sort Of)
Oh I'm sorry, does this not make any sense? Well fuck you! You try and explain literal magic.

So the True Name of things is admittedly a very hard subject to explain. To know the True Name of something means you understand that thing to its very core. This might seem impossible to you, after all how could one ever hope to understand something that is forever shifting, such as wind or light, even wood or fire? These things are always changing, and therefore their names are never the same from this moment to the next, it should be impossible to understand them absolutely, right? Surprisingly, it isn't. You see, this understanding doesn't come from your conscious mind, the thing that you normally use to comprehend or analyze the world, the thing you're using right now to try and understand this complex concept. The understanding of a thing to the point of knowing its True Name comes from a subconscious portion of the mind – we'll call it the Sleeping Mind – that awakens briefly to become aware of the True Name of something.

"How does the Sleeping Mind work?", I hear you ask. Think of it like this:

Let's say you and me were in a room. In my hand is a stone. If I showed you this rock, and told you I was going to toss it, could you tell me right now where it was going to land with absolute certainty? Go ahead tell me. Picture that room in your mind. Picture you and me, no more than ten feet apart, a smooth skipping stone in my hand. Take as much time as you need, draw it out if you would like, and then have that answer in mind.

Have your answer? Yes? Well are you certain you know that's exactly where it's going to land?

No. Of course not. You could never tell me for certain where that stone would land. First of all, I didn't give you the rock, so its mass is a mystery to you. For all you know I was lying and it's not a rock at all, simply papermachette painted to look like a rock. You don't even have tools to measure the wind speed or atmospheric pressure of the room. Second of all, even if you did have all that information, I never told you which direction I was going to throw the stone. In short, there's no way you could figure that problem out.

Now picture that room again. Me and you, stone in my hand. I've just asked you this seemingly impossible question, for which you can not provide a definite answer. I then call my little brother into the room. He's six years old. Without a word, I toss the stone in a high arc towards his direction, and he snatches it from the air before it impacts the ground. Holding it in his hand, he examines the stone confused. I excuse him from the room and he leaves.

I turn back to you, smug grin on my face. How could my six year old brother, in mere seconds, figure out where that stone would impact, before it impacted, when you could not do it with your more experienced and intelligent mind in however much time you needed or wanted? How could my six year old brother calculate the distance that stone would travel, and how much time it would take to get there, when you could not?

Though not a perfect analogy, that is essentially how the Sleeping Mind and Naming works. A Faceless has the ability to awaken their Sleeping Mind for brief periods of time, so they might fully understand something to the point of learning it's true name at that exact moment (most things are in a constant state of change or decay, so a True Name is never the same from what it was seconds ago).​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back