• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Will there ever be an app?

chrisandrews

Hopeless Romantic
This is something that would be so nice. I mean, yes, I do get notifications in my email, and email is pushed to my phone, but I just wonder if one day I can take out the middle man that is my email account. 

They're working on it. Site owner needs to save up for a Mac computer to get it on the store. Or something like that. It'll be available on android and apple.

The app is actually done - but we can't sign certificates for it to be in the app store without a mac, and the site owner doesn't have one.

Basically what bubble said ;)

So it'll only be on the apple store? 

Nah, it'll be on the Play store too, but Wiz wants to release the app for all platforms at the same time. He's said so before, I think he just wants to be fair and not give the impression that people can't enjoy RPN fully without a particular device.

Nah, it'll be on the Play store too, but Wiz wants to release the app for all platforms at the same time. He's said so before, I think he just wants to be fair and not give the impression that people can't enjoy RPN fully without a particular device.

Oh! Thank you for answering my question :)  Also that was scary fast.

Why not borrow a Mac for now?

Iirc, that'd mean that we wouldn't be able to update the app at all. Also the fact that logging into personal or professional accounts on unfamiliar devices (say they had a keylogger virus you weren't aware of and weren't made aware of after it was removed or something) is unreliable at best.

Iirc, that'd mean that we wouldn't be able to update the app at all. Also the fact that logging into personal or professional accounts on unfamiliar devices (say they had a keylogger virus you weren't aware of and weren't made aware of after it was removed or something) is unreliable at best.

That's why you borrow it from someone you trust? I can underatand your security preferences and sympathize with them 

That's why you borrow it from someone you trust? I can underatand your security preferences and sympathize with them 

Doesn't matter how much you trust someone if they've got a virus off the internet. :P

I'd also say that we can't update the app without having a mac (which would be bad), borrowing requires a borrowee (that you can trust and who is close to you in terms of proximity) and overall the Administration has opted out of borrowing a computer to sign certificates~

Doesn't matter how much you trust someone if they've got a virus off the internet. :P

I'd also say that we can't update the app without having a mac (which would be bad), borrowing requires a borrowee (that you can trust and who is close to you in terms of proximity) and overall the Administration has opted out of borrowing a computer to sign certificates~

I can respect that ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back