• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Widow's Care (Platonic Marvel)

IndoWriter

Natasha was well adapted to changes in plans. Such was a permanent side effect of her upbringing--adapt to all situations. Her time with the others was meant to bring some of that influence to the team, and perhaps shape them to be as good as her. Though by now, she'd come to accept that her teammates were the most disorganized mess with no hope of ever being remotely alike to each other. Maybe she'd come to like that too.

She adapted to many major changes in the past couple of weeks. The impending death of Hydra led to the successful capture of many Hydra outposts and an estimated 53% of all their current members. There was also the fact that they were more exposed given media coverage of their cause, SHIELD handed over most missions to the Avengers due to their disbandment, and Sam was sticking around for negotiations on being a team member. It was a bit strange, sharing such a giant building with a giant roster of allies, but it was manageable. Steve was worried she was occasionally purposely avoiding them, but he thankfully said nothing of the matter. Things were new, yet quickly becoming a routine thing now. Then came another change, one that seemed small at first, in hindsight.

Thanks to the capturing of the Hydra bases, SHIELD and other government groups had been recently swallowing in huge spoils of war-Mission catalogs, weapons, prototype battle armor and other things that Hydra troops had been working on for the past century. Since most of the vaults were filling up on the major helicarriers, Nat eventually got a call from Hill about a mission to take down one of the larger outposts Hydra had to offer in Russia just so the spoils of war could stay within the tower for a temporary time. Seeing nothing wrong with this, the team agreed to make an attack.

The outpost went down easily, but there was an interesting twist to things that Natasha did not see coming until it was too late.

She was just sneaking her way up the stairs, crouched low in anticipation of the nervous russian voices in the hallway. When she was close enough to the edge of an office compartment, she paused to listen in on what they were saying. The quiet way they spoke only offered her minor clues to the conversation, a few statements about an 'it' and 'the asset'. When one of them began walking away in hurried fashion, she sprung from her position and crippled the one left behind with a few well-placed shots. He seemed more concerned about barking a few last orders at his fleeing comrade, such as 'Destroy it, they can't take it'.

Whatever the other's mission was, he didn't get to execute it-- he was just starting to open a specific cell door in another hallway when she caught up to him and soon he was lying in a groaning heap on the floor, his gun skidding away from his hand. She probably should have just binded him and carried him back down in their custody, but her curiosity began to rise towards the partially open cell door. What were they so intent on destroying and keeping from the Avengers? Some genetically created monster? At the very least, she could see if she could kill it and contact Thor if that plan failed.

She opened the door slowly, her gun drawn in her right hand and the dim rainy light from the outside world entered a dark abyss. She squinted as she stepped inside until her eyes adjusted to the lack of light, noticed the rusty old bed and the dirty look of the metal walls. The cold could be felt even through her suit, and the air felt somewhat stagnant. It didn't seem like anything was living in such a decrepit place, in such poor conditions. Then she finally noticed the girl.

It hadn't looked like a girl at first, just a huddled ball in the corner of the room, with a thin white sheet covering its entire body. Natasha, stepping closer with great caution, wondered if she would have even seen the figure if they hadn't been covered in a bright sheet in an otherwise dark place. They were certainly small enough to hide under the bed, or even behind the door when it opened, yet this figure seemed to rely on the corner as a hiding space. The Black Widow crouched low as she approached once more, first intending to snatch the sheets off, then reforming her plan to simply poking the figure. She could only imagine Clint rolling his eyes in disbelief as she gently tapped what seemed like a shoulder.

That's when the figure nervously turned to look at her, and she learned that it wasn't just a little girl.

-------------------

To make a long story short, I am looking to bring life a story idea I've been writing for some time; the premise? Some time after the events of the Winter Soldier, Natasha Romanoff discovers an abandoned Hydra expirement in the form of a young girl--whom she more or less decides to raise as a potential asset to the Avengers in the future! A sort of platonic mother/daughyer roleplay, I suppose!

I'm fine with playing either role here and if you choose to play the kid, you may bring any power you'd like to the table...as long as it's not like...Thanos level or something.

So yeah, tell me if you are interested!

Okay, hi!! No joke, but I basically rp'd this same idea but with Bucky and my OC. I would, if you are still looking, LOVE to play the kid in a mother/daughter relationship with Nat. I've honestly been looking for something like this for literally forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back