Experiences Why are some people so lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In their defense I don't think your helping either. At this point I would just quit while your ahead. Trust me I've gotten called out for harassment by doing exactly what your doing right now twice on this site. You're not going to change their minds and you're only going to make the situation for yourself worse if you keep posting.
I do feel like quitting, but I’m not gonna lie to make it feel better. This “nice person” wants me to believe they tried to hash it out with their players and didn’t throw a tantrum when they didn’t get their way?

And if I get reported and banned for harassment, then so be it. My posts were to open her eyes because as a gm, she/he/it wasn’t doing their job.

Nothing about this thread has shown this person to be the kind of person that would see a post they didn’t like and respond cordially. But in fact the opposite.

I’ll be damned if I’m going to sit back and shut up, because this person want to spew more slander at people for pity points.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy that's noble except you came into their thread and basically started trouble from the jump. You were dismissive than outright antagonistic for no reason. Maybe that person over-reacted to their example, maybe they over-reacted to you. But honestly you were an asshole yourself. So at this point I think you're best off just letting it go.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy that's noble except you came into their thread and basically started trouble from the jump. You were dismissive than outright antagonistic for no reason. Maybe that person over-reacted to their example, maybe they over-reacted to you. But honestly you were an asshole yourself. So at this point I think you're best off just letting it go.
If telling someone to reflect on their own content as a gm is being an asshole, then let it be so.

If telling someone not to judge others based on post length, then let me forever marked as an asshole.

If I am to sugarcoat my posts for someone raving and ranting and giving gms a bad name, then consider me a sentient pooper hole.

If telling someone to reflect on their own content as a gm is being an asshole, then let it be so.

If telling someone not to judge others based on post length, then let me forever marked as an asshole.

If I am to sugarcoat my posts for someone raving and ranting and giving gms a bad name, then consider me a sentient pooper hole.

It's not what your saying. It's how your saying it. You decided to come in here and act like you're doing this great service by standing up to the "asshole GM" when in reality all you did was escalate the situation by name calling. Several people here have called out the GM OP without resorting to open antagonism like you. We have offered constructive criticism instead of acting like an asshole because you don't like how the OP opened their own rant thread.

You had no need to come in here and be a jerk. You chose to do that.

Last edited:
It's not what your saying. It's how your saying it. You decided to come in here and act like you're doing this great service by standing up to the "asshole GM" when in reality all you did was escalate the situation by name calling. Several people here have called out the GM without resorting to open antagonism like you. We have offered constructive criticism instead of acting like an asshole because you don't like how the OP opened their own rant thread.

You had no need to come in here and be a jerk. You chose to do that.
You’ve been tip toeing around a person who believes they can be a tyrant in an rp and have it be successful. These posts are a dime a dozen in the rp pet peeves threads. Where angry disgruntled rp’er work off eachother’s vitriolic attitudes and create a cycle of distrust and loathing.

The difference is, this person is blasting it for all to see. The fact that she it whatever op is, is not facing more backlash for such a post. Is beyond me. You’re not giving constructive criticism. You’re enabling bad behavior.

You’ve written a bunch of semantics and made a bunch of assumptions about my post. How are you not being unreasonable. I only started off by telling you, that you’re coming off strong and bossy. And now you’re trying to be a word lawyer because you think it’s reasonable to call people lazy because you had one bad experience.

You’re the issue here. And if you don’t want to rp, that’s fine. But to say everyone else is the issue is downright wrong.
Alright let's nip this in the bud right now, because first of all you're full of it. I offered to show you screenshots of the conversation and what did you do? Completely ignored it right? You say I'm tyranting over an RP but how exactly may I ask you am I doing that? Don't dip and dodge around it, tell me how?

You say I'm slandering them but for me to slander them I would have to tell you specifically who they are and I have declined I do that for exactly that reason, you say you tried to open my eyes to how I wasn't doing my job as a GM? BS not once did you mention my job as a GM. You say I judged them based on their post length BS I judged them based on their actions, laziness is a lack of effort or care. Not only did they go out of their way not to do what we agreed upon but showed they had absolutely no intention of even trying to do so that is what I judged them on not merely their post length but you would know that if you paid a single bit of attention while I was talking to the others, sure I may disagree with them in what laziness is because that is what I was raised and taught that laziness was when you go out of your way not to do what you are supposed to do, but I made it very clear that it was not simply because they gave me one-liners . So come on, lie again.

You may not like what I wrote, you don't have to agree with it, but you will not do it sit there, lie and expect me not to call BS.

Last edited:
You’ve been tip toeing around a person who believes they can be a tyrant in an rp and have it be successful. These posts are a dime a dozen in the rp pet peeves threads. Where angry disgruntled rp’er work off eachother’s vitriolic attitudes and create a cycle of distrust and loathing.

The difference is, this person is blasting it for all to see. The fact that she it whatever op is, is not facing more backlash for such a post. Is beyond me. You’re not giving constructive criticism. You’re enabling bad behavior.

And your instigating bad behavior so you can cry moral superiority. Frankly I'd rather deal with an honest tryant than someone who is going to start shit then turn around and act like they have the moral high ground.

That said I've said my piece on the subject and I don't want to get into a pointless argument on someone else's thread.

If I could be honest with you...you're not helping. You started the problem from what I can see and like rae2nerdy rae2nerdy said you were instigating so you could fame the moral high ground there is even a point where you take what they said blow it out of proportion just so you can antagonize them and be rude. There is a point where they offer to show you proof but you seemed like you were more interested in arguing with them than actually seeing if they were telling the truth which to me just further proves that.

This comes off as you didn't like that they posted it, therefore, you didn't want to listen to what they had to say and I'm sorry but you can't help people if you don't listen and it doesn't really look like you had any intention of helping but every intention of starting a conflict.

I don't think Shivana Shivana was doing that though. Of course, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what they stated was lazy was them not attempting to fulfill the requirements (which in this case were of post length) after having compromised to do so multiple times. Admitedly, Shivana did kind of start the thread a little judgemental, stating that she couldn't understand how someone could take joy from one liners, but I think this was mostly venting and attempting to introduce the fact that she makes it clear that in her roleplays there is a post length requirement.

Now, whether you agree or disagree with this, having a post length requirement isn't judgemental, it's a preference like any other, and if someone agrees to join a roleplay that has such a rule, and then fails to follow their own compromise the person has every right to be upset. In my opinion, any rule you agree to follow, you forfeit the right to break free of consequence.

If I could be honest with you...you're not helping. You started the problem from what I can see and like rae2nerdy rae2nerdy said you were instigating so you could fame the moral high ground there is even a point where you take what they said blow it out of proportion just so you can antagonize them and be rude. There is a point where they offer to show you proof but you seemed like you were more interested in arguing with them than actually seeing if they were telling the truth which to me just further proves that.

This comes off as you didn't like that they posted it, therefore, you didn't want to listen to what they had to say and I'm sorry but you can't help people if you don't listen and it doesn't really look like you had any intention of helping but every intention of starting a conflict.
I think you shoudl probably have tagged Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy since you were adressing them

I don't really understand. If you make a search/interest check, why would you not be a "tyrant" and come up with your own rules? The moment someone shows up, it's only natural to assume they read and agreed to following the rules, so if they claim ignorance or outright lie, you have every right to feel cheated. If they proposed a change of the rules, you're under no obligation to accept, either.

First sentence in the first post warns that it may turn out to be a rant, from there anyone who kept reading would've expected an overzealous response. I see no reason to assume this is the default and first reaction every time this happens. I can easily see the logic in getting this kind of response after repeated incidents handled in a more mild manner. It also (unfortunately) makes sense that people would exploit a more understanding person, than a foot-down one. So far we can't know for sure, for reasons already stated in previous posts, but innocent until proven otherwise if you ask me, maybe "hinted at otherwise" in this case.

I do have to agree that it came off demeaning to people who do 1 liners, though. I personally don't see myself enjoying them, but saying that does make it more likely to get not-so-friendly replies, as we've seen. It also makes it more likely that people will miss the cause of this thread, which is people ignoring the rules they were supposed to be following, and then making it worse by trying to wiggle their way out of it or to convince you to bend the rules (which is even worse if they didn't attempt to negotiate different rules before the RP started).

All that said, I think there's not much to say about the issue itself, other than that it happens. I don't to 1x1s, but if I did and this sort of thing happened, I'd give them a friendly reminder first, an ultimatum next, then end the RP if it happens a third time and move on, even if you really liked how it was coming along (which apparently, you didn't, but put up with it anyway). It won't solve the issue, and I don't think anything can solve it, but at least it might not make the response build up like this, I guess.

EDIT: Looks like I got ninja'd

I don't think Shivana Shivana was doing that though. Of course, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what they stated was lazy was them not attempting to fulfill the requirements (which in this case were of post length) after having compromised to do so multiple times. Admitedly, Shivana did kind of start the thread a little judgemental, stating that she couldn't understand how someone could take joy from one liners, but I think this was mostly venting and attempting to introduce the fact that she makes it clear that in her roleplays there is a post length requirement.

Now, whether you agree or disagree with this, having a post length requirement isn't judgemental, it's a preference like any other, and if someone agrees to join a roleplay that has such a rule, and then fails to follow their own compromise the person has every right to be upset. In my opinion, any rule you agree to follow, you forfeit the right to break free of consequence.
Person doesn't have the balls to out the people she thinks have so heinously wronged her. She comes off as a tyrant who instead of talking to her rp'ers, expected them to comply for no other reason than, " My rules, or the highway". Last of all, this person decided to blame their players for her failing, as opposed to her/his/its own attitude. Who cares what this bitter coward thinks?

Don't tag me

Person doesn't have the balls to out the people she thinks have so heinously wronged her.
-Showing a basic level of respect for their human dignity

She comes off as a tyrant who instead of talking to her rp'ers, expected them to comply for no other reason than, " My rules, or the highway".
Rules aren't tyranny. If she had made these rules out of nowhere midway through the roleplay then I would be inclined to agree with what you're saying, but the RPers agreed to join an RP under certain conditions. There are hundreds of available RPs, there is no force that makes you join a roleplay outside of your own volition and if you do join a roleplay you have an obligation to follow each and every rule that was in that roleplay at the time you joined. This is not tyranny, this is how rules are supposed to work. The player had every chance to follow the rules as proposed which they were told from the beggining and showed awareness of, they had as much option as anyone else in whether to join the RP in the first place and doubled down on the compromise to get Shivana to come back. Tyranny is forcing something on people against their will by wielding authority. Nothing was forced upon this person.

Last of all, this person decided to blame their players for her failing, as opposed to her/his/its own attitude
With this I can partially agree. The player failing to comply with the rules they agree to is not her failing. Her getting mad at that is not her failing. Though her stated ghosting on the player due to that, that much was uncalled for and I have to agree there and only there.

Who cares what this bitter coward thinks?
I do. As do, I presume, most of the other people who posted on this thread. And it's not just what they think either, I care about what you and allthe others think as well, or I wouldn't be typing these comments to begin with.

-Showing a basic level of respect for their human dignity

Rules aren't tyranny. If she had made these rules out of nowhere midway through the roleplay then I would be inclined to agree with what you're saying, but the RPers agreed to join an RP under certain conditions. There are hundreds of available RPs, there is no force that makes you join a roleplay outside of your own volition and if you do join a roleplay you have an obligation to follow each and every rule that was in that roleplay at the time you joined. This is not tyranny, this is how rules are supposed to work. The player had every chance to follow the rules as proposed which they were told from the beggining and showed awareness of, they had as much option as anyone else in whether to join the RP in the first place and doubled down on the compromise to get Shivana to come back. Tyranny is forcing something on people against their will by wielding authority. Nothing was forced upon this person.

With this I can partially agree. The player failing to comply with the rules they agree to is not her failing. Her getting mad at that is not her failing. Though her stated ghosting on the player due to that, that much was uncalled for and I have to agree there and only there.

I do. As do, I presume, most of the other people who posted on this thread. And it's not just what they think either, I care about what you and allthe others think as well, or I wouldn't be typing these comments to begin with.
She’s afraid of outing herself as the brat that she is. If it really was a misunderstanding, we could illuminate that so that she/he/it could avoid making the same mistake again.

Respect and dignity have nothing to do with it. As we both established op is petty and judge mental

Person doesn't have the balls to out the people she thinks have so heinously wronged her. She comes off as a tyrant who instead of talking to her rp'ers, expected them to comply for no other reason than, " My rules, or the highway". Last of all, this person decided to blame their players for her failing, as opposed to her/his/its own attitude. Who cares what this bitter coward thinks?

Don't tag me
What does having balls have to do with the fact that they don't want to put their names out their and slander them like you accused them of doing. This is exactly what I'm talking about, you're not interested in finding a solution, basically they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they did put their names out there then they'd have been slandering them but since they chose not to, it's that they don't have the balls. How are they a coward for not taking their anger and frustration out on these people they feel have wronged her to the point where anyone else may not want to associate with them?

She’s afraid of outing herself as the brat that she is. If it really was a misunderstanding, we could illuminate that so that she/he/it could avoid making the same mistake again.

Respect and dignity have nothing to do with it. As we both established op is petty and judge mental
I didn't say the OP is petty and judgemental, I simply conceded that some statements were. A person is allowed to say things that don't determine who they are as a person on their own.

Speaking of, the OP doesn't have to reveal the other person's name to do this, they can just share the conversation in screenshots as they have already stated they would do if requested.

I didn't say the OP is petty and judgemental, I simply conceded that some statements were. A person is allowed to say things that don't determine who they are as a person on their own.

Speaking of, the OP doesn't have to reveal the other person's name to do this, they can just share the conversation in screenshots as they have already stated they would do if requested.
If the op made said statements, then it is up to us to call those awful statements out. You can avoid calling the op judgemental all you want, but the only thing we have to go by is a misguided thread in which the op defends everything they said to the death. And you who come in here trying to avoid saying what needs to be said is just as bad as the stuff op has said. Lest you admit that by hurling insults at people is suddenly a sign of respect.

Again I offered you proof you completely ignored it I don't want to hear that bullshit about I'm afraid to out myself as a brat because I offered you screenshots twice. You are not interested in the truth, all you want to do is bitch, just admit that shit.

Yes I admit ghosting on them was wrong which is why I said admittedly I ghosted on him at first, but that was because I had be going through a string of the same BS over and over again and I was tired, I needed a break and I didn't feel like addressing it at the time. I never said it was right to ghost on them which is why I presented it as such.

If the op made said statements, then it is up to us to call those awful statements out.
Sure. The thing is, however, that only a small portion was in any way shape or form judgemental. If you were to state those statements were misguided or judgemental then I would, again, be inclined to agree with you. But you're insunating the person themselves is misguided and judgemental without aknowledging what they proposed to do as proof, the issue which they are referring to, or the concept of someone disagreeing with your way of approaching roleplay, equating the very idea of someone making their roleplay have a rule asking for a certain post length to tyranny.

And you who come in here trying to avoid saying what needs to be said is just as bad as the stuff op has said.
"Guilty by association"? Really? Please don't steep this low. Like, I get that you probably feel a bit ganged upon, I hate when I have a controversial position to defend and nobody seems to be on my side, so I apologize if I'm putting that kind of pressure upon you, but that's plain nonsense.

In the first place, 90% of what they said isn't bad, rather it's talking about a real problem. Did I notice problems with the opening post? Yes. But I also found them minor compared to the thoughts I wanted to share on the subject matter, so prioritized those.

Lest you admit that by hurling insults at people is suddenly a sign of respect
Calling them lazy is direspectful, but exposing people to potential prejudice from ill reputation and harassment would be a number of times worse.

Well! This is a pretty spicy thread, and I'm going to offer my totally needed (haha just kidding) input. First of all, it does kind of come across as kinda snotty, but I can see your point. If you make a search thread looking for something and the other says right off the bat they can comply, yet they don't, I'd be pissed too. If they say they can do "x" and don't deliver, I personally can't fault you for being annoyed. Although I have to disagree with the ghosting portion due to a personal hatred of it.

In regards to the 1-liner bashing, I don't like that style of roleplaying at all. I view it as not having enough substance, and it bores me pretty quickly. However, it all comes down to preference. One lining has quite a few positives as well, with faster reply rates, and lets more casual players enjoy without being stressed (At least that's how I see it). All in all, the 1-liner style isn't bad, it's just a personal choice, and I wouldn't knock it down to being crappy. But straight out calling 1-liner roleplayers lazy kind of made you seem a bit arrogant in my eyes.

Once again though, it is your search thread. The rules are there for a reason, and if gave them quite a few warnings, as well as them agreeing to it, I'd get irritated after a while. Wasn't like you sprung them on with no notice, or overreacted the first time. After the tenth time, it just seems disrespectful and frustrating. I hate to say it, but if the person can't keep up with the roleplay, they probably shouldn't have joined, and on top of that, expect you to continue just for their own enjoyment and not really attempt to fix it.

Hopefully, I made some sense and got my point across. I do apologize if I came across slightly rude, wasn't my intention, was trying to give an honest view of this. But to sum it up in a few words; thread had some attitude in it, but I agree with the majority.

(I don't want to get flamed plz)

Last edited:
i vote you pay no heed to Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy , hes being overtly edgy and a real drag here. not that my opinion of him changes outside of this particular thread, i never liked him to begin with, so im a bit biased.

anyway, on the original topic of why people would respond with oneliners, the most common reason for this is either theyre young and new to roleplaying... or perhaps just young. i know that when i was young, i didnt quite grasp roleplay lengths and requirements- shit, you couldve written me a guide on what to do, and id still give one sentence responses because i was 12 and didnt quite grasp yes, even if i was writing dialogue, i could give more than a single sentence. regardless, i was playing with a bunch of people 11-13 years old and we were all at that point and still having fun, so it didnt make a difference to anyone how shitty and edgelord-y everything we did was, because we were just children.

now, this is the exact reason i have a rule that i only 1x1 with people highschool age and older. its even on my partner search. its not because i really want to weed out the kids (well, that's a lie, i hate kids), but because what they think is a decent post just doesnt satisfy me anymore. if im not having fun in a roleplay, theres no reason for me to keep doing it. now, even with the rules detailing that im a lit roleplayer who writes goddamn novels, i do still occasionally get a person who doesnt grasp what i mean, and i wont keep them around unless we're doing something i like and can present quality even when they lack quantity. i chalk it up to them not being experienced enough to write long posts or not liking to- as long as its a good short post, im happy to continue.

if theyre blatantly ignoring my rules and presenting me with complete bullshit complete with single sentence posts and probably the cow they got it from, i have no problem leaving them. my interest check, my partner search, my rules. dont like my rules? dont join.

now, i did once have someone who pm'd me then started to get mad at me because i didnt roleplay her fandoms, and she only messaged me because she saw that i roleplayed male characters so she thought i was a fundanshi who would want to do her naruto yaoi ships... or something. she kept asking about fandoms that werent on my list, which is rather large, and was somehow surprised by the fact that i dont roleplay them and it baffles me. i enjoy a decent mxm roleplay, i even somewhat prefer roleplaying same sex couples despite how im straight, but dont come into my pm's, ask for my partner search, and then do that shit. but this is more or less just an interesting story in somewhat the same vein as what youre talking about.

What a low life...
You know perhaps you should stop responding completely. You don't agree with the original poster, fine, you have your own opinion just leave it at that.
The name calling is unnecessary. Continuing on when others have given you sound advice is also unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back