• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Who wants to play a god? (Interest Check)

Nameless Author

Recruitment Thread
OOC Thread

This is a interest check to see if there is some interest in playing a god/goddesses game where we pretty much play from the beginning of time and develop the world through the actions of the gods. Preferably into something that could be used in another RP later on.

After looking for rules for such a game I came across this which seemed like a good base to work with, granted I'd probably make a few changes but it looks really good.

Anyone else interested in such a game and how'd you want to go about it rules wise?

Last edited:
Seems like there is enough interest, I'll go start editing the rules to be less d&d focused.

So that no one is surprised I'm hoping to play the "Guardian of the Gate" who's main job is to make sure no one can do any time travel shenanigans or predict the future with 100% certainty. Other than that I'm hoping to have him focus on building other planes/the inhabitants of those planes.

I've placed a recruitment thread here for everyone to make characters to be approved. Please read the rules and make something you'll have fun with!

Indeed there is a format for a sheet under Applying your Deity, I'll post a copy here.
Name:
Played by:
Divine Rank
Holy/Unholy Symbol:
Primary Domain (and Portfolio):
Domains (and Portfolios):
Alignment Domain:
Favored Weapon:
Combat Rating:
Paradigm & DCM:
Brief Description:

Looks to be a good start. I do have a question re: Combat rating, that is, how do we determine how much our respective deity starts off with?

If you read the rules under Divine Combat you'll find out. Please note I put all the rules into the character application thread.

Besides me hoping I'm not confusing you all I'll answer the question with the basic equation the rules give to figure combat rating out: Divine Rank + (Number of Battle Artifacts owned*.5) + Paradigm bonus

I had a quick question. Is there a limit you're setting on advancement? I know the typical fantasy world is usually a medieval setting, so I just wanted to be sure on this.

P.S. Sorry for the double post.

I don't want to get to the industrial age, and there should be a bit of time between the start of the game and the peek of technology. I'll go post a OOC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back