• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Who here would be interested

pbtenchi

Say hi!
So, using my expansive knowledge of battle manga and the rpnation character battle, I have come up with an idea. Only problem is I need story.

Basically, I've decided characters will be dying a lot. Their will be some sort of point system for your next character.

It will be a superpower rp, character powers are very specific, they will all be about platting a form of 'energy' like chakra from naruto, or mana. This energy I've named 'R-Power' works by possessing various objects, or in some cases the users own body. Everyone's R-Power works differently, someone might have the power to posses plants to make them grow, others might posses their own body to cause a unique transformation (self possession always leads to transformation and is a rare type). R-Powers are obtained by consuming an R-Pill, they are easy to come across, but fatally poisonous if you try to consume more then one.

What do yo think? Any suggestion on storyline?

It certainly sounds interesting, but I'm confused about the part you mean about our characters dying frequently. Are we talking about the R-Power being our character migrating from person to person creating a string of new characters with similar power sets but different personalities (Like the emissaries of the Red, the Green, and the Rot from the Animal Man and Plant Thing comics) or are you saying that each character's death will spawn a new character? If it's the former than a good plot might be that the R-Pill was developed in response to an ancient evil being released from it's seal and the characters are people who have answered the call to fight against it (so maybe change the R-Pill to an R-Potion made from an ancient recipe or something) an alternative plot for the latter might be that we're talking about a Futuristic Dystopia where the R-Pills are readily available, but the only way to get them legally is through a corporate-state (like the ones in the tabletop game "Corporation") or the government, in doing so you are making yourself property of that entity, a tool to be used for furthering the goals of the provider (Note that you may be well payed for this agreement, thus allowing the possibility of characters taking the pill to provide for their families.) But those are just some of my thoughts.

Good ideas, I was just thinking that if your character died you would probably create a new one rather then quit the rp. I think the futuristc dystopia is the best bet as I want alot of pvp, but I do want traces of old fashion fantasy as well...

So, I've talked with some irl friends and got some more ideas. Perhaps its about to ancient warring (originally) clans that have been fighting so long its still going in modern society? And due to how members are always dying they essentially buy non family members.

Hey this sounds awesome. I see you have lots of ideas but do you have a full plot worked out yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back