• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Whisper Wood (A shifter adventure RP)

Lithia

You can't save a damsel if she loves her distress
Just wondering if this is of interest to anyone?

Welcome to The Whisper Wood where nothing is quite what it seems. Nestled in a seaside forest is the coastal village of Whisper, a village of shifters. They are ruled by a powerful and well-loved queen as well as her son and heir to the kingdom. This world is not modern day but once in every thousand years it crosses paths with ours. Usually on this night nothing happens but if conditions are perfect it is possible for someone to cross over into this world.

Late one night a small group of friends were partying on a boat. One of them had the bright idea to take the small inflatable raft to an island they could see not too far off. As they got closer the mist became really thick, so thick they could no longer see a thing. The next morning they awoke in the sand, the sun warming their faces and their small boat nowhere to be seen. They had nothing except the clothes on their backs and the items in their pockets.

They were unaware, watching them from the tree line were the Queen’s guards. The guards were waiting and observing them, their strange clothes made them nervous and they were prepared, weapons at the ready.

I should add that I was planning on having the shifters change into real animals and not mythical creatures.

I give it 89.5/100. I would join, were it not that I am already preparing to run a detailed RP of my own.

You could play as one of the human teenagers or a shifter. There would only be a small amount of humans (I'm thinking 4 or 5 max) and then the rest of the characters would be shifters. Probably two characters max so you could actually be both.

I'm most definitely interested. And I think I have a pretty perfect (shifter) character in mind.

She's a race I made up (with Grey's help) for Ash & Moonlight. It's a race that shifts into wolves. So she could easily be a shifter.

Also, she's a Spymaster for the nobility/royalty. And in the case of an RP like this, I suppose it would make sense for the Queen to send her Spymaster after the strangers, no? To keep an eye on them to check whether they're dangerous or not.

That sounds really good! I'm just waiting a bit to see if there's more interest and then I'll set it up.

Yush! I will wait and see then :)

Maybe I'll poke my friend who joined the site today to join this

Yay!!! I really hope to get a good amount of people to join. This is my first time making an rp. I usually just join them.

I know the feeling.

I made an RP twice. And both times it was the same one, actually. The first time it died, and now I'm trying to not have it die.

Most of the time I also just join the rps I deem interesting.

I dropped the link to my friend just now, and he might check later. We're both larpers (life action role players) and we're gonna start our own group of orcs. A bit inspired on native americans with shamanism and such xD

He's busy writing lore for it. And though that's still a year away from now, he's inspired now, so he just started right away xD

That's cool I've always want to try larping but I'd probably be bad at it lol.

I think it looks very interesting. Do you mind if I join as a shifter? Also, is there a particular format you want us to use for making the characters?

I will be making a basic CS for this soon. I have almost everything outlined already (well the beginning, I am hoping we will all develop the story as we go), just waiting to see if I get a few more people interested. If you want to start working on your character now you can, just use the basics and when I get it up and running it might only need to be tweaked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you like it! It will probably be up tomorrow, I have most of it ready to go. I'll post the link here when it's up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back