• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Whisper Wood (A fantasy adventure rp)

Lithia

You can't save a damsel if she loves her distress

vz6uj2K.png

yAAoMkC.jpg

Welcome to The Whisper Wood where nothing is quite what it seems. Nestled in a seaside forest is the coastal village of Whisper, a village of Shifters. They are ruled by a powerful and well-loved Queen. This world is not modern day but once in every thousand years it crosses paths with ours. Usually on this night nothing happens but if conditions are perfect it is possible for someone to cross over into this world.

Late one night a small group of friends were partying on a boat. One of them had the bright idea to take the small inflatable raft to an island they could see not too far off. As they got closer the mist became really thick, so thick they could no longer see a thing. The next morning they awoke in the sand, the sun warming their faces and their small boat nowhere to be seen. They had nothing except the clothes on their backs and the items in their pockets.

They were unaware, watching them from the tree line were the Queen’s guards. The guards were waiting and observing them, their strange clothes made them nervous and they were prepared, weapons at the ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lila woke up. There was something gritty in her mouth, and her eyes wouldn't open. She sat up, groggy and slightly hungover. She rubbed the sand out of her eyes and found that that was the thing preventing her from opening her eyes. What in the world is this place? Lila stood up, on shaky legs. She fell back down, into the sand. She crawled along the beach in hopes of finding a peice of drift wood or something to help her stand. She pick up a long wooden pole like thing, with a spiked tip. There was a length of rope wrapped around the shaft of the pole, forming a grip. She grabbed it, and used it to heave herself up. She walked unsteadily back to the group of teenagers lying in the sand. She walked over to the girl who owned the boat, she didn't really know her name, and tried to wake her up. She gently shook her shoulders, hoping that would be enough to wake her up. She looked up to see a blurry, but obviously animal form in front of her. She screamed and scrambled back, in the process getting her fingers entangled in the other girls shirt, jerking her back.

Seera, still in otter form, watched the strange people on the shore from a kelp bed in the water. She had fallen asleep there last night, and she was still slightly entangled in the kelp. She pulled free of the kelp and swam over to the shore. She curiously inspected them, out of sight. She saw one awaken, and try to stand but fail, then find her fishing spear. As the girl walked back over to the group, she walked into sight. She sat down by them, just close enough for them to be able to see her, but not so close that they could catch her before she dove back into the water. She stared as the girl jumped back, then moved farther away.

Numi watches from the forest as what seems to be a group of beasts that looked like her when she wasn't in animal form begin to rouse one by one. They don't smell like us, but the look like us while we are not in animal form. What are they? Since Numi had been searching for edible plants and had made her way to see if she could find some algae along the shore in her fox form she decides to slink off back into the forest in order to alert the guards that happen to be back at the village.

Before leaving she notices that the guards are arriving on the scene are waiting and thinks maybe I shouldn't go all the way back to the village, and instead chooses to continue foraging in a different portion of the beach. She peeks at Seera, but decides to leave her where she is since so many guards are around and none of the beasts on shore seemed to be armed.

Damian's crimson gaze stared from the shadows of the forest, while the shadows sheltered his massive form, if one looked hard enough they would be able to see the giant wolf. He licked his muzzle, and bared his fangs quietly, these creatures smelt foul, so they likely tasted bitter as well.

The massive wolf remained stationed in the shadows, waiting for more of the guards to arrive. He quickly shifts into his human form, drawing his large hunting spear off his back, the pearl white bone tip glinted from the shadows as it caught the rising sun's rays. His gaze snags on Seera, who was far too close for Damian to feel comfortable, if she was harmed in Damian's watch, the queen would have his tail.

Joel struggled to open his eyes, the taste of ocean water made him gag slightly, and spit into the hot sand under him. When the scream rang out, his eyes shot open. He looked toward Lila, who was being stared at by an otter. "
Holy hell, can you not be so loud?" He barks at her, his dark eyes clouded with pain from his pounding headache. He had met her a few times, they were decent friends so his snap wouldn't seem so hostile. He stood up carefully, and grabbed the hunting spear beside her, "calm down, it's an otter, not some beast." He said softly, as he examined the talentedly craved spear. They were not alone here.

Emberly sat on her throne, a perfect picture of elegance and grace. She flipped through a stack of letters, most likely more marriage proposals for her son, he seemed to be quite popular as of late. The Queen knew better though, their kingdom was vast and beautiful, that was what they were after. It was forbidden for shifters to marry outside of their race, however the rules were different for Royals. If Emberly wanted to form an alliance with another kingdom she could marry her son off to some princess from another land, she wasn't planning on doing so though. She wanted her son to marry for love like she did. Because she herself must approve any marriages before they happen she did have some say, but more than anything she wanted her son to be a happy and good ruler.

Her scouts had gone out earlier that morning and she awaited their return with news. As of late the boarders must be watched, there were signs and omens falling into place and she could never be too careful. Protecting the kingdom was her most important job and she would not fail at it.

--------------

Scarlett felt someone pulling at her, she coughed spitting out a bit of sand, she pushed herself up off her stomach and looked around. Where were they? "Guys... where's the boat?" Her parents were going to kill her, this was a great way to start the summer off - grounded. She pulled out her cell phone standing up and walking in a circle holding it in the air, "There's no signal here... Does anyone know where we are?" She checked her pockets, keys to the boat - useless, her wallet - also not much help, and beside her on the sand was a half empty bottle of something from the night before. Despite the sun she was a little chilly in her jean shorts and tank top. "What happened to us last night?" she mumbled sitting back down with her head in her hands. "Nobody touch the wild animal, it's cute but it's all fun and games until one of us get rabies."

Numi's curiosity got the best of her as she couldn't get the weird beasts off her mind. She kept to the shadows and slowly crept back along the shore, watching the beasts. Can they truly not be one of us? Maybe they just happen to hail from another land... Yet as Numi came closer once again she knew that they were fundamentally different. She twitched her ears back and forth listening to see if there was a lot of movement from them, and upon not hearing to much she proceeded to sit down, her tail swishing back and forth behind her.

Damian's eyes snapped onto Numi, his harsh crimson gaze, serious. "Don't get too close to them, we don't know if they are hostile." He mutters under his breath to the female.

He shifts his hunting blade in his grasp, and glares toward the mortals, the queen would not be happy, not at all. She has been edgy for what seemed like ages now, possibly from some sort of prophecy that she has not told to him. They may be theasier reason of her uneasiness, to which she may make them dispose of these creatures.

Damian steps out from the shadows, the sun dances over his deeply tanned skin, and glints off the whale bone attached to his spear. His crimson gaze locked on the mortals, he does not take kindly to intruders.

Numi gives a huff in response to Damian's command. Numi doesn't like the fact that, even being a veteran scout, most of the guard seems to forget that and treats her like a child. She does however stay put and doesn't move any close, keeping both eyes firmly locked, and legs bunched up ready to sprint. Whether towards the beasts or away she is unsure. However, a feeling of unease grows over her. I don't feel as if them showing up is an accident, but then again I am far from any kind of seer. I should keep those thoughts to myself.

It was way too hot in the forge today. Tharon had decided to take the day off, something that was happening more and more often. Secretly, the blonde was happy about it, because it meant her apprenticeship would soon be at an end. But today, she was nothing but grumpy. Under he leather apron, with the furnace going full blast, she was sweating like a pig. As she hammered out the dent in a bucket for little old Matilda, the shifter tried to think of something, anything, that would cool her off. At last, it hit her. The beach! A swim in animal form would be perfect right now. Tharon wont mind, its a slow day. With her bucket repaired, Azure hung up the apron, flipped the sign, and walked down the little road. The bucket was left on Matilda's doorstep, with a flower in it for good measure, and the young blacksmith continued down to the beach. A few hundred feet down from Damian, she didnt realize something was up until it was too late- she was halfway to the water's edge when she saw the group of intruders. She froze, unsure if she should hide or continue with her plan. In the absence of a decision, she simply stayed put, watching from afar to see what was happening.

Scarlett groaned, "Do any of you happen to have some advil? I think I'm still feeling it a bit from last night... I'm seeing things that aren't really there." She rubbed her eyes. Nothing changed there was still a tall very dangerous looking man holding a spear staring right at them. She jumped up realizing that this was actually happening, she backed up until she felt the cool water wash over her feet. The realization hit her like a tonne of bricks - there was no where to go.

"Lila... Joel?" she whispered to her friends. She glanced over at Dysis, the girl she had convinced to come along with them last night, she was still passed out on the sand. "Any ideas? Do you want to make a run for it? Swim for it? Just wait to be impaled alive?"

(I'm back!)

Lila stared at Joel. "I can't see anything. There is so much sand in my eyes." She stood up, shakily. "Hey Joel, I kinda need that spear to stand. I'm still kinda hungover from last night. What even happened? Where's the boat?" She turned her gaze behind her, where another creature was standing. "There sure are a lot of wild animals on this island, I'm sure we could eat some. If we get hungry, we can hunt them." She started towards Joel and stumbled forward, snatching the spear from his hands as she went down. She used it to steady herself, and reached into her pocket, and pulled out a box of matches. "These will be useful, later. They might be wet, so I'm going to dry them." She began laying out the matchs on a dry rock in the sun.

Seera made her way twoards Damian. As she reached him, she shifted into her human form. "They don't seem hostile at all. They are pretty harmless, actually. They are kind of like babies. They have nothing to defend themselves with, except my fishing spear, which I shall proceed to get, right now. We should give them some food or something, there's no other way they are gong to survive. They do smell weird though." She walked back down the beach. As Seera reached Lila, she made a deep bow. "Hello traveler, I belive you possess something that belongs to me. She excahnged the spear for a walking. Stick and headed back to the cover of the trees.

Scarlett just stared as a random girl came out of the trees and took the only form of protection they had. "Lila why did you just let her take that?" she grumbled. Still the dangerous guy was watching them. Scarlett felt a little responsible that they were all here; it being her party and her boat they were on. "What if we all ran in different directions?" she whispered to Lila and Joel. "They won't be able to catch all of us and whoever makes it away from them can go get help?" It was a crazy plan but they had nothing else. She didn't know where she would run to but it was better than waiting here. Scarlett nudged Dysis with her foot silently wishing the girl would wake up, they couldn't just leave her but they might not have a choice.

Lila leaned heavily on her walking stick. "Well, as you might be able to see, I am having issues standing. So that would lead to issues running. I let her take it because she might have killed me otherwise. She didn't seem so horrible either. Plus, we have the matches, which could be used as a weapon. If we seem harmless enough, they might be civil. Plus, we have no way to get food or fresh water, and they could help us. Let's try getting into the woods though. And we need to wake up whoever is in the sand. If we walk slowly, away from them, we can get into the woods.

Seera walked over to Damian. "Shall I inform the queen sir? I think I shall." She bound off through the woods twoards the queen's throne room. When she arrived she dropped into a curtsy. "Hello your majesty. We have some intruders on the beach. But, I beg of you, do not attack them. They are harmless and helpless, and alone in a strange land. I think we ought to help them out."

Numi relaxes and begins trotting from her spot in the bushes to sit down beside Seera. She glances up at the girl inquiringly wondering why she would choose to defend the beasts. She notices that Damian isn't looking happy about the situation either. Maybe these beasts aren't so bad. Seera has always been a pretty good judge of character, and there's no point in making someone who works with medicine mad. So Numi sniffs at the air, noticing the sent of the forge coming from to close buy and lets out a sigh. It seems like everyone has decided today is a good day to go to the beach. To bad it doesn't seem like it actually was.

Seera trotted back through to he forest. She plopped down next to Numi. "You want to know how I know they are harmless? The first one to awaken, the girl who had my spear, when she saw me, she screamed and jumped back away from me. And I was in my animal form then. I was a sea otter."

Damian nods as Seera runs off to inform the queen, his keen hearing picking up the mortal conversation. He growls silently to himself, "running will get you all no where. This is our home, we know the land far better than you... things." He growls slightly, his crimson gaze locked on Scarlett.

Joel narrows his gaze, "if we run, I'm sure this bastard will stab one of us. I think it's better to stay put, and do as they say." Joel glares toward Damian when they are called 'things', "we're people dude, just like you guys. Living out here has really messed with your brains." He chuckles.

Damian growls again, louder this time. It was from deep in his chest, that sounded incredibly familiar to a dog. His lips twitch slightly, barely showing the tips of his elongated, canine-like fangs.

Joel swallows hard, looking to Scarlett and Lila, these people were becoming weirder and weirder.

Azure wandred closer, dressed in her usual garb and placing a han on the hilt of her sword. “They have no idea what we are Damian, just like we have no idea about them." She said, standing off to the side halfway between the humans and the shifters. “I cant imagine theyre hiding weapons, so growling probably isnt necessary." She smirked a little at the guard, just yanking his metaphorocal chain. The blonde switched her red gaze to the group of strangers, eying the one still on the ground. “Is that one dead?" Azure asked dryly, mostly because if it was, she wanted to poke it.

Damian glances to Azure, and eases slightly. She was always skilled in annoying the muscular guard, yet he enjoyed her company non-the-less. He watches as she approaches these mysterious creatures, still apprehensive, he keeps his grasp tight around his spear, encase they attempted to harm him or Azure.

There were more of them than she first realized. After what the dangerous one said running no longer seemed like a good idea. "How did he hear me whispering from all the way over there?" she said to her friends. Scarlett decided to shut up, she needed to think, there had to be a way out of this mess. She bit her lip nervously, her vivid green eyes wide with fear.

-----------

Emberly sat up straight as Seera rushed into the throne room. "Intruders you say? They cannot be trusted until we know why they have come." She sighed, "The day just got a little more interesting didn't it?" She looked at Seera, "Tell Damian to bring them in, blindfold them so they don't know our paths and if they seem hostile or resistant then bind their hands." The queen didn't want to hurt them but if they were not from here as Seera suggested then she couldn't risk her own people. Being queen meant making tough decisions.

Azure smirked as Damian relaxed, then turned to look at the intruders. “Well, youre not us, and youre no one we have encountered. So what are all of you?" She said, unable to restrain her curiosity. She stepped closer, examining their clothing. “You sure do smell strange." Then, to Damian, she added. “Aren't they dressed so oddly?" The blonde moved back up the beach, standing next to the guard. “You know, they might make good pets for the Court." Azure suggested with a snicker, finding the situation absolutely absurd. After all, the things weren't dangerous, they had no weapons.

Seera obeyed the queen and ran up to Damian, out of breath. "I was't made for running. Anyway about the queen, she said to blindfold them, and if they struggle, bind their hands. Then we are supposed to bring to her. So let's get going!"

Lila turned to face the shifter that had said they could be used as pets. "We are people too, you know. And I suggest you watch your tone."

Azure snapped her head to look at Seera, already ready to help with the process. When one of the things spoke to her, she turned back, raising an eyebrow. “Oh come now, it was only in jest." She reassured, tilting her head with a teasing light in her eyes. “But if you wish to hold onto your pride and be offended, by all means, good luck." She said with a laugh, even though she meant those words in earnest.

Seera sighed. "Come on Let's just get this over with." She Began blind folding the girl without the walking stick. She quickly finished and worked on the boy, finishing with the other girl that was awake. She the hoisted the unconscious girl on the ground into Damian's arms.

Lila groaned when she realized what was happening. She let it happen, however, not wanting to put up with a fight with the group that out numbered them greatly.

Damian lifted the unconscious female with ease, and holds her bridal style. He nods, "let's go." He growls slightly. His voice was forever rough and deep like a growl, often giving new comers chills. He begins to walk up the path, slowly heading toward the kingdom.

Joel was hesitant with the blind folding, yet he doesn't struggle. Once he is blind folded he walks slowly, a hand on his back guiding him carefully as they walked.

Scarlett was too afraid to say much of anything. As she watched her friends get blindfolded she quickly picked up the half empty bottle laying in the sand beside her, just in case. When it was her turn she quietly accepted her blindfold as well. Who were these people? They were treating them like criminals when they were just lost. She would talk to her parents when she got home and see if there was any legal action they could take, even if they were trespassing this had to be a form of kidnapping.

At the dangerous guy's command they all began walking. Scarlett stumbled a bit on the way to where ever they were going, her flip flops getting caught up in what felt like tree roots. There were branches scratching at her legs and she wished she had wore a pair of actual jeans instead of jean shorts. She could hear birds chirping around her and if it wasn't for this whole crazy situation she could be painting their pretty colors on a fresh canvas.

She was thankful that she had put on sunscreen in the middle of the night, the reason for that the bottle in her hand, but at least she didn't burn while she was face down in the sand. She smelled faintly of coconut and the smell was bothering her head a little, another product of their party last night. As she walked she tried to remember what had happened the night before. They were partying on her dad's boat, then someone thought it would be a good idea to take the small inflatable boat (intended for emergencies) to a foggy island. Who's stupid idea was this?! She had they keys to the boat in her pocket so she hoped the others who stayed on the big boat were able to find the extra pair. They were probably on their way here with help right now. That's what was keeping Scarlett calm, knowing help was most likely on the way. Though as she stumbled along she swore she could feel someone's gaze on her watching closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back