• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Where the Road Meets the Sun [Closed, MCU]

Aurora smiled when she received Peter’s reply. She was glad to know that he wasn’t deterred by her overprotective “father” or complicated past.

That’s a relief (;

——

He nodded, “Yeah, that’s true. I didn’t even think about that.” Steve smiled over to her as he drove, “See, this is why I’m keeping you around. You’re a good planner. You’re logical, but also creative.”

Peter smiled as he looked over at his phone.He saw her reply before he thought about what he should say.

how are you feeling?I hope you're feeling better.

peter sends to her before continuing to work.

rayne looks at him,"thats the only reason you are keeping me around."She asks chuckling as she got a text from Bruce."It seems thor and bruce are interrogating that guy.With them two there the guy should be intimidated enough to speak.Should I get ahold of Hawkeye and the group from space?We may need them."She says

Aurora thought about his question for a moment. She could feel the exhaustion still present, but it wasn’t as bad as earlier. Her body would need a full night’s sleep to fully recover.

Still a little tired, but better. Thanks for being my pillow (:

——

Steve chuckled, imagining Thor and Bruce interrogating the man. They’d get some information out of him for sure. He considered her question. “Maybe we should see how serious the threat is first. If it’s the lab that Aurora came from, I don’t know how large they’ve grown since then. They weren’t much when I rescued her.”

No problem Aurora,anytime you need a pillow you can use me.

peter sent before he face palmed.He sent her another text saying his previous one wasn't suppose to sound creepy.

"Of worse comes to worse we can always take refuge in Wakanda."T'challa will help us keep aurora and the others safe right."Rayne says as she looked at steve.Soon enough they arrived at the orphanage.She looked out the window before her body tensed up a bit.

She had to laugh at Peter’s message, and even harder at the one that followed it. Aurora took a breath while posing her fingers over the keyboard, debating on taking a chance to ask the question or not. Finally, she decided to ask. Why the hell not?

Peter, are you trying to say that you like me?

——

Steve nodded at her question about seeking refuge in Wakanda. “That’s exactly where I would send her. I’m tempted to send here there now. It’s more secure than the headquarters facility, but I don’t want to force her out of her only home,” he replied.

The car pulled up outside of the orphanage and he looked out the window before he could feel Rayne tense beside him. Steve placed a hand on her knee, “Are you okay?”

I mean honestly yes because you are sweet and kind and I know we don't know each other but I want to know you.

Peter sends her as he smiled and soon finished the gaget for Aurora.He made sure it worked perfectly before he planned to get a box for it to give to her.

"Just a few bad memories steve."She says before she saw a black car pull up behind them.She looked in her mirror before she saw a woman get out and head into the building."Lets go these people clearly don't know how this place works and I rather save the kid then fight to keep him safe."Rayne says as she gets out of the car.

She looked at steve and waited for him before walking up the steps.There was some yelling inside before the woman from early was chased out with a broom by a nun.

Aurora smiled, surprised by the butterflies that were fluttering around in her stomach. It faded a little, though, as she thought about what he said. Peter was really sweet and attractive, but her story wasn’t one that was easy to swallow and she didn’t enjoy telling it.

I feel the same way. (: But are you sure you want to open Pandora’s box? Lol.

——

Steve nodded. He thought about what he could say, but quickly concluded that there wasn’t anything he could say that would make the memories any less painful. He glanced in the rear view and sighed before exiting the car.

“I’ll follow your lead on this. You know how this place operates,” he told her as they walked up the front steps.

Nobody is perfect,but it takes a real man to accept everything and i will accept everything you throw my way because I'm a real man and i will protect you.But talk when you are ready and don't push yourself.

peter sends to her happily.He felt nervous hoping Aurora wwould't be afraid to talk to him.

Rayne looked at Steve,"men are the bosses so you have to do the talking to the nuns.They believe girls are to be seen and not heard.Yeah trust me I ran from here because of that.Just say that you want to adopt Jace Jones after doing some investigating and found he was exactly what we were looking for in a child and then give her this."Rayne says handing steve a large wad of cash.

Okay, Parker. Meet me in the pool in 10 minutes then.

The facility had a large, Olympic sized swimming pool on the ground level. Aurora liked to swim at night sometimes. The water tended to clear her mind and relax her muscles, which would be welcomed after the day she’d had. So she quickly slipped into her bikini, grabbed a towel, and practically ran downstairs to dive into the heated pool.

——

He raised an eyebrow, even more so when she handed him a large amount of cash. So this is what the orphanage was like. It was no wonder Rayne had left.

“Alright,” he sighed, “Let’s do this.” Steve gently grabbed her hand, interlacing his fingers with hers, to illustrate their “married” facade and entered the building.

They were greeted by a rather mean-looking nun, who made no effort to hide that fact that she was surveying them. Steve cleared his throat, putting on his serious face, “My wife and I are here to adopt a child named Jace Jones. We did some research and we believe that he would be the perfect addition to our family. And, of course, we have sufficient payment.”

Peter saw the text and sent back a smile face before he went and found his swim shorts.He grabbed a towel.Walking to the pool he blushed slightly,"hey aurora."He says smiling before diving in.

The nun looked at them before she smiled happily,"certainly sir please follow me so we can get the paper work together and inform Jace to gather his belongings."The nun says as Rayne looked at steve.

She smiled happily pretending to be a happy wife.She kissed his cheek acting the part so the nun wasn't suspicious of them.

Aurora returned his smile in greeting before he dived in. She waited for Peter to resurface before swimming over to him. “I come here a lot to clear my head and relax. The water is calming, which is ironic because it’s the hardest molecule for me to control. But I guess that’s because my twin brother got that ability,” she told him.

——

“Thank you, ma’am,” Steve responded. He went along with Rayne’s acting by tugging her closer when she kissed his cheek. They followed the nun into an office and began the paperwork. He was pretty well-versed in their cover story, so he began to fill out the papers, passing the clipboard to Rayne when it was her turn to sign.

Peter resurface as he stood since the pool wasn't too deep where they were."i am an only child so I never had siblings but thats okay."He says as he looked at her."I bet by next week you will be able to control water."He reassures her.

Rayne signed the papers when the door opened and Jace walked in with a nun holding his arm."Sister his stuff is packed and he is ready to go."The nun says as the one who took the papers and money looked at steve and rayne."There is no refunds have a good day."She says as Rayne goes over to Jace and smiled hugging him.
'You are free of this place,okay kiddo.'Rayne whispered to him.

She smiled at his reassurance and shrugged. “I can control it a little, wanna see?” Aurora said, approaching a little closer until there was about a foot of space between them in the water. She looked down at the water and cupped some in her palm before making water droplets rise up in between then.

Aurora’s green eyes shifted to Peter and she smiled, “Bruce found out that my abilities are fueled a lot by emotion. So I use current feelings or memories.”

——

He tried not to look pissed off or surprised at the entire exchange. The fact that the nun seemed to care little to nothing about the children they were supposed to tend to was enough to make him want to give them a piece of his mind. But, of course, Steve refrained.

Following Rayne, he approached the boy and place a hand on his shoulder while wrapping an arm around his “wife”. “Welcome to our family,” he said, though he knew that the kid was probably both apprehensive and terrified.

"I wonder how powerful you would be if you are feeling protective."He says smiling at her.He began to swim around her before he dove and appeared beside her.He smiled and swam more happily."we can relax for now and then chill together."He says smiling.

Jace looked at steve and Rayne before there was shouting in the hallway."Steve."Rayne says as the woman came back but with a gun and was aiming it around.Nuns pushed past kids to get to safety.Rayne looked at Jace,"stay close."She says to him a bit protectively.

The nuns in the room ran out as only one nun who was new tried to get the kids to safety.

Aurora watched him swim around her and laughed when he popped up beside her. She nodded at his suggestion to just relax together. “Okay, but first let’s have a race. Whoever can make it from one end to the other first gets...”

She thought about it for a moment, knowing that Peter would probably win with his enhanced abilities. “...one request. Whatever they want from the other.”

——

Steve could sense that something was about to happen just moments before the chaos began. He immediately grabbed Jace by the arm and positioned himself against the wall to speak into his communication piece within his ear.

“Wanda, we need assistance here. Let me know what you see,” Steve quickly said.

"Okay deal."Peter says as he swam to the other side of the pool to begin the race.He waited for Aurora to swim next to him.He knew he could win quickly but he didn't want to cheat by using his enhanced abilities."On the count of three."Peter says.

"On my way Captain and I see three large black SUVs all filled with men armed with machine guns and other weapons."Wanda says as she was making her way towards the orphanage.

Raynes phone went off as it was connected to the system at the house."Steve the base is being targeted.Im having vision take Peter and Aurora to wakanda."Rayne says as her outfit changed to her hero outfit.She Sent a text to Vision,'get aurora and peter out of base and to Wakanda we will meet you there.'Rayne sent before looking at Jace."stay close to me i wont let anybody hurt you."She says.

Her eyes lit up a little when Peter agreed. She missed having someone to do spontaneous, fun things with. Aurora joined him at the starting end and counted to three before kicking off of the wall. When she got to the other end, she looked to see who had won.

——

As soon as word came back from Wanda and Rayne said that the headquarters facility was being attacked, his demeanor shifted. Steve charged forward, through the office door and gestured for Rayne to follow. If there were that many men with machine guns, they might be outmatched. Unless Wanda was able to take them by surprise.

“We need to get Jace out of here and reconvene with everyone. They’re more of a threat than we thought,” Steve said.

Peter smiled as they raced,he had almost won when he felt his spidy sense tingled.He got out of the pool and went to aurora."we have to go."He says sternly as he handed her the towel.Vision entered through the wall as he told the two teens that he needed to get them out and to wakanda.

Rayne followed after Steve as she made sure Jace was near her and safe.She was following behind Steve when she passed by a room where an armed man aimed his gun at a pair of children.She made a detour into the room and snapped her fingers causing the man to ignite into flames.

Jace stared in shock,"you have powers?I thought I was the only one."He says when Rayne shook her head."No you're not alone."She says

“What?” she asked, obviously confused, “What do you mean?” Aurora quickly climbed out and took the towel from Peter before wrapping it around herself. Vision then appeared through the wall, making her jump. “Wakanda?” she questioned.

“There’s no time to explain. We have to go now,” Vision insisted. Aurora nodded, knowing that it was serious.

——

When Rayne paused, he went to go follow her and assist, but two guys came out of no where, blocking his path. Steve quickly disarmed then both, taking one of the guns. He managed to knock one out, but the other ran at him, knocking some of the air out of him as he collided with his stomach.

Peter whistled for his suit that responded due to a new upgrade Tony helped him install.Peter handed a small purplish orb to Aurora,"here I made this for you."He says before telling her to push the button on the top when ever she was in a dangerous situation.

Rayne came out of the room before she made the man pinning steve against the wall burst into flames.The man screams before passing out from the pain of being burnt before Rayne made the fire disappear.

"Steve you stay with Jace im going to go take care of their vehicles."She says rushing forward and sending large fire balls into the suvs and other cars the bad people had.She put up a large veil of fire between her and the men as she looked at steve and Jace.Wanda took the guns away as she landed infront of Steve."Vision is getting the other two out we have to go."Wanda says

She watched as Peter retrieved his suit while wrapping the towel more securely around herself. They didn’t exactly have time for her to go back to her room to grab a change of clothes. Hopefully, Wakanda had something for her to wear.

Vision quickly loaded them both onto a small aircraft that was on the backside of the building. Aurora buckled herself in while Vision took care of the coordinates.

——

Steve nodded a thanks to Rayne when she took out the second guy. He grabbed Jace and continued their trek out of the orphanage while Rayne trudged outside to take out the vehicles.

“Come on, kid,” he said, tugging Jace along in a jog, “Let’s get you somewhere safe.”

Peter made sure they weren't followed as he stayed ontop of the car.He looked into the window before climbing in next to Aurora."Do you have any idea whats going on Vision?"He asks curiously.

Rayne looked at Jace and Steve,"lets get to the car."She says as Wanda joined them."Vision is taking the others to wakanda and he said they weren't followed."She says as Rayne nods and looks at the others."hold on."She says as she puts the car in drive and speeds off."everybody put your seat belts on."Rayne says as she goes even faster.

The fact that they were forced to leave the facility had her extremely worried. The Avengers headquarters had state-of-the-art security measures and defense systems, but it seemed that they weren’t taking any chances.

“The same people that attacked you outside of the waffle house are now attacking the facility. They’re looking for Aurora,” Vision explained from the front. Aurora took a deep breath and released it, trying to calm her nerves some.

——

Steve nodded and let out a breath of relief when Rayne reported that Vision had gotten the kids out without any issues. He just hoped that it stayed that way until they arrived in Wakanda. He wouldn’t feel at ease until he was able to see both Aurora and Peter alive and well.

He obliged by clicking his seat belt in place when Rayne floored it down the road. “We’re better off flying directly to Wakanda,” Steve told her, “It’s the quicker route and the faster we get there where everything is well-hidden, the better.”

Peter took her hand in his,"i wont let anybody get to you."He says with a promising tone in his voice."How long will it take us to get to Wakanda?"He asks vision.

Peter was taking a small lead since rayne or Steve wasn't around.He wanted to keep aurora safe and he knew that she was a bit tired so she was probably not going to be able to fight much.

"Call Fury get us a jet to meet at the warehouse on 17th street."Rayne says sternly as she handed steve her phone."excuse me but what the hell is going on?"Jace asks as he poked his head between Rayne and Steve.Rayne turned and pushed him back seriously giving him a motherly glare."seat belt now."She says as Jace complied."well Jace you are being targeted by some bad people because of your ability.We already have one man captured who we are trying to get answers from.And we are going ti keep you safe kid,we are your legal parents now."Rayne says as she holds up his adoption papers.

She was surprised at how much Peter’s reassurance calmed her mind. Aurora looked over to him when her grabbed her hand and spoke. She shifted her hand to interlace her fingers with his before giving his hand a squeeze to indicate that she was grateful.

“A few hours, but it should be smooth as long as we don’t run into any trouble,” Vision replied.

——

Immediately complying with Rayne’s instructions, he called Nick Fury and quickly explained that they needed a jet. The man was already aware of their mission, so the order was set within moments. When Steve hung up, he caught part of what Rayne was saying to Jace.

“Don’t worry, kid, we’re the good guys and we’re taking you somewhere safe. I promise, we’ll explain everything later, but until we get to where we’re going, I’m gonna need you to follow our instructions,” Steve told the boy. If he was him, he’d have a million questions as well, so he didn’t blame Jace for wondering what the hell was happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back