• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Where the Road Meets the Sun [Closed, MCU]

Aurora flipped her head over, tugging her dark waves up into a ponytail as Steve entered the training room. “Remind me what we’re doing again? Not another combat practice, please. My body is still aching from last week.”

Steve chuckled and shook his head. “Not today, at least not for you,” he replied. Aurora watched him as he went over to the weapons rack and retrieved his shield. This man had become like a father figure to her in the few weeks that she’d been with SHIELD. She’d only recently been cleared by the medical personnel to begin training and Steve had since been trying to get her to control her abilities, which were fueled by emotion. Needless to say, she had a lot of pent up emotions.

“I’ve called everyone else to training as well. I thought it was time that you met them. Might give you a little bit of perspective. Plus, I need to assess the new recruit,” Steve explained.

Rayne yawned a bit as she walked with Bruce,he smiled down at her."Tired what time did you get to bed?"He asks her when she waved her hand.Walking next to the very large green man she looked small.She actually stood at a tall 5 foot 11 inches.

"Dont worry i will be fine."She says as her flame red hair was up in a messy bun.The pair got to the training room as Rayne went and stood against the wall.Bruce went over to Steve,
"New recruit who is it?"He asks.

"Hey sorry I'm late I uh got a bit lost.But then I realized I couldn't ask for directions well because this is a secret location right.So sorry hi uh im Peter,Parker my name is Peter Parker."The brown haired quick talking young man says as he got a bit nervous.

"Im sure you remember me from the airport a couple years ago.Sorry am I talking to much?"Peter says nervously as Rayne chuckled."So this is the new guy,he honestly doesn't seem like much."She says before she stood and walked over to bruce.Out of everybody she has had the most training and she smiled at Aurora."My name is Rayne lets be friends."She says before looking at Steve and looking away blushing slightly.

Steve took the reigns on this one, even though Bruce was present. He was more of the scientific one, after all, and he’d been the one to figure out that Aurora’s abilities were fueled by emotion. She was so empathetic that she easily took on emotions, but she hadn’t quite learned how to use her powers to release them yet.

He programmed the room on a keypad for two separate trainings. One for combat practice and one for powers practice. Rayne and Aurora would be practicing their powers, as he was interested to see if Aurora could control fire. The new recruit, Peter, would be showing off his combat skills and Steve was still debating on pulling someone else in to spar other than him. He would see how the training session went, though.

Aurora gently brought a training staff over to herself, treating it as a little warm up. Moving small, solid objects was child’s play for her now, but she struggled with more complicated and heavy matter. She lost focus, however, when a guy walked in, talking quickly. Her green eyes flashed over to him, taking in his appearance, before the metal staff clattered to the floor.

Steve flashed her a slightly amused look before approaching Peter, “No worries, kid. I remember you. I’m glad that you decided to join the ranks.”

Aurora gave Rayne a smile when she approached her, “Hi, I’m Aurora.” Steve had turned around, so he’d caught a brief glance of Rayne’s gaze on him, but forced himself not to think too much on it.

“Aurora, come here please,” he requested.

“Oh no, that’s the dad voice,” Aurora said to Rayne, though it was loud enough for Steve to hear. “Come on, let’s go meet this new guy,” she encouraged Rayne before walking up to the two men.

“Aurora, this is Peter. If I recall correctly, you’re the same age. Make friends while I set everything up,” Steve said, “Rayne, would you mind helping me?”

Rayne walked behind Aurora glancing at bruce who was busy working on a new training regiment so that they could get more real practice.When she heard Steve introduce Aurora and Peter she looked back over at them.

"Hi I'm peter parker."Peter says smiling as he held his hand out to Aurora."Im rayne I dont shake hands much.So don't worry kid."She says to him when steve caught her attention."Sure I guess."She says a bit nervously as she walked off with Steve.

Peter smiled at Aurora,he couldn't help but his nervousness infront of her."Uh would you like to train with me?"He asks curiously as he put his bag off to the side.Suddenly his spidy-sense tingled and he grabbed Aurora as the ceiling sent down flames.

"Sorry that was my bad."Bruce says as Peter held onto Aurora keeping her safe.

Aurora returned a small smile to the new recruit, Peter, and shook his hand. She couldn't deny his charm, as she'd already taking in the slight curl to his brown locks. His awkwardness actually only added to the charm. She wasn't the best in social situations herself, not having had a lot of practice for a while before she was rescued from the lab.

Steve, meanwhile, went over to a datapad and began to explain his plan to Rayne. She was experienced in combat, so he felt comfortable discussing this with her. "So I'm thinking combat with the new kid. He has enhanced strength and agility, can climb walls, and he made his own formula for webbing. Tony noted that he also has a sixth sense of some kind. He can combat train with me or you can jump in. Aurora needs to work on her powers today. I'm curious to see how difficult it is for her to control different things. Water, fire, metal. That way we can-"

"What the-?" Steve muttered, cutting off his words, as the flames came from the ceiling. He shot Bruce a look that said not to let it happen again before his gaze settled on Aurora and Peter. "Oh god, I'm not ready for that," he said to himself, but realized that Rayne was there as well, so he looked back to her, "Would it be acceptable if I didn't let her date until she's thirty? Or is that too much?"

She was just about to ask what his abilities were when Peter suddenly stepped forward and grabbed her. Aurora was shocked and too preoccupied with the feeling of Peter's arm around her to notice the flames at first. She felt the heat from them, though, and looked over with wide eyes before they receded back into the ceiling. "Wow, okay. That was unexpected," she said, her breathing a little heavy. Aurora looked over to notice how close she was to Peter and quickly stepped away with a blush.

Rayne understood what he was saying before she smiled and nodded."actually give me 10 minutes with the new recruit."She says smiling as she chuckled at what Steve said.

"To be honest captain its inevitable.She is how old now you know she is going to want to date and that look in her eyes says it all."Rayne says when she saw the flames and moved her hands up a bit as the fire flew to her hands.She saw how Peter protected Aurora and smirked,"he has quick reflexes gotta give him that."She says chuckling.

Peter saw Aurora move away as he began to apologize to her for acting rash and holding her.He then spotted Raynes hands engulfed in flames.He stared before looking at Aurora,"are you able to do that also?"He asks curiously.

"I was bitten by a radioactive spider and gained the ability to climb walls and i have like super strength now and I have this sense that tells me danger is coming and I created my own webs and my suit Mr.Stark gave me a year ago."The brown haired need says."Oh I'm talking alot again I'm sorry I just talk and talk and talk when I'm nervous or I'm around a pretty girl which to be honest you are gorgeous and way out of my league oh my God peter just shut up."He says.

He glanced over to the two kids. Even though they weren’t technically kids anymore, Steve was pretty sure that he’d always see them that way.

“ I know,” he sighed, glad that he was able to talk about this with someone. “When it comes to working on her fighting skills and everything, I have no problems. But I was never the best at dating, so I couldn’t give her any advice on that. Makes me wish that she had a female mentor to talk to. She deserves that after everything she’s been through.”

——

She wasn’t accustomed to receiving compliments, so she just smiled and blushed for a moment, debating on what to say. “Thank you, but don’t sell yourself short,” Aurora replied, alluding to the fact that she found him attractive as well.

“Steve’s told me that Rayne can control fire. I’m telekinetic, I can’t create matter. Only manipulate it.”

"Girls day."Rayne says chuckling,"dont worry Cap she will do fine."Rayne says before looking at him.She smirked before walking off."Im going to train the new kid see what he is all about.You focus on your little girl."Rayne says.

Rayne walked over and grabbed the back of peters shirt dragging him away."Oh Aurora tomorrow ni training im taking you out for a girls day."Rayne says before focusing on Peter again."Okay kid lets see what you can do."Rayne says as she gave peter the first shot.

Peter smiled at Aurora before,"thats honestly cool.So one is a telekinetic and one is pyrokinetic."He says before he was dragged away.He was a bit confused but went to take a hit at Rayne before he was flipped onto his back.

"Ow."He says as Rayne told him to focus.Peter got back up as he tried to hit Rayne multiple more times but each time she knocked him down.Peter was begining to lose hope of winning this small spar but he grabbed Raynes fist when she aimed at him.He got a bit excited and threw her aiming to knock her down but instead he accidentally threw her across the training room.

Steve grinned after Rayne, honestly a bit relieved that someone would be open to helping him with Aurora. He’d felt a connection with Rayne from the moment they’d met, but he’d been so preoccupied with the added responsibility of mentoring an emotionally-scarred girl that he hadn’t given Rayne much thought lately. But now that she was right in front of him and he had some kind of weight off of his shoulders, he was remembering why he liked their connection.

“Aurora, you’re with me!” he called over as Rayne took Peter over to spar. Steve briefly watched them before turning to Aurora, who had walked over.

“So first up is water,” he told her, bending down to present her with a bucket of water.

“Water is my weakness. You know my brother got the bulk of that ability,” Aurora said, to which Steve nodded but still gestured to the bucket. She sighed before concentrating on the water, releasing a breath as she managed to bring a stream of water upward before it splashed to the floor.

A few moments later, and after watching Aurora move some metal weights, Steve happened to glance back over to Rayne and Peter, raising his eyebrows in surprise when Peter sent her flying across the room.

Aurora had turned to see what he was looking at and reacted on instinct, throwing her hands up to focus her energy on slowing Rayne’s body and bringing her down much more softly. Steve rushed over to the woman and asked, “Are you okay?” His blue eyes were clearly worried.

Aurora surveyed the two with curiosity before her gaze landed on Peter. She felt the familiar trickle of a drop of blood coming from her nose, but she ignored it for now.

Rayne got up before she chuckled,"im fine remember the man who taught me how to fight was that green beast over there."She says to Steve before she saw the blood coming from Auroras nose.

"Steve."She says when Peter saw it also.He went over to Aurora."hey your nose is bleeding."He says as he ran to his bag.He pulled out a towel and ran back to aurora.He handed it to Aurora,"here you go."He says smiling a bit.

"Hey im sorry I didn't mean to throw you Rayne."He says before focusing on Aurora."Tilt you're head back so that the blood flow slows down."He says helping her tilt her head back as he kept the towel on her nose.

Steve chuckled and nodded. He was very aware that Rayne could hold her own in a fight. He didn’t doubt her abilities, but that didn’t mean that he didn’t worry. “That’s very true. But I just had to check,” he told her before Rayne said his name in a tone that made him follow her gaze.

He sighed and was about to go over to Aurora when it seemed that Peter had it covered. Steve decided to let them have a moment as he helped Rayne to her feet. “That’s not uncommon for her. She has to build up her stamina, but I haven’t pushed her when that happens. I’ve never seen her move a person before, though, so thanks for that,” he said.

——

A sudden wave of self-consciousness came over her when Peter mentioned the blood and handed her a towel. She muttered a “thanks” to him before dabbing at the blood, but Peter took the towel and tilted her head back to stop the bleeding. Aurora felt a little lightheaded, so she steadied herself on Peter’s shoulder.

“This happens sometimes when I over exert myself,” she explained in a slightly apologetic tone.

Rayne looked at steve,"i think thats enough for today right.So while you all go get cleaned up I will be in the kitchen cooking dinner."Rayne says as she walked past steve,"dont push her beyond her limits steve that could harm her."Rayne says knowing that limits for a person with abilities are important.

Rayne went to the kitchen and began to cook.

Bruce looked at Aurora and Peter,"you guys want to sneak out of here and go get some waffles?"He asks when Steve wasn't paying attention.

Peter looked at Bruce and smiled a bit,"i like waffles hey we should go get some waffles."He says smiling at Aurora as he noticed her bleeding stopped."Also there's no need to apologize it means that one day you will be stronger and this will be like nothing."He says.

Peter went and grabbed his bag as he walked back over and looked at Aurora."Are you going to sneak out with us?"He asks."I can at least bring us two outside by climbing the walls.I can't carry the big guy over here."Peter says smiling.

Steve nodded, knowing that he should respect Aurora’s body’s way of telling them that she should stop for the day. He wasn’t about to push her any more, but Rayne’s advice confirmed it in his mind. “I’ll help you,” he offered before following her out of the training room and to the kitchen.

“So what’s for dinner then?” Steve asked as she set to beginning to cook.

——

Suddenly, Bruce got an idea when Peter mentioned that he could help them sneak out by climbing walls. “You should take her,” Bruce told Peter before turning to the girl, “You deserve some time out of the facility. I’ll make sure Steve doesn’t suspect anything.”

Aurora watched Bruce turn to leave before her gaze shifted to Peter. “So uh, waffles then?” she said, confirming that she was indeed game for sneaking out.

Rayne looked at steve,"we are going to make shrimp and sausage casserole."She says smiling as she began to cut the sausage and put the cut sausage and shrimp into a pan to cook.

Taking a pot of water she put it on the stove and began to boil it for noodles."Can you grab me the heavy cream and shredded cheese from the fridge.?"Rayne asks.

Peter smiled at Aurora as he looked at her."jump on my back."He says smiling.When Aurora was secure on his back the boy walked out of the room to a balcony.He made sure Steve didn't see them.

Jumping on the outside of the building Peter climbed down the building and let Aurora down before he smiled."okay so this way right."He says going the wrong direction."Should we hot wire a car?"He asks curiously.

"No here take Raynes bike,just don't ruin it."Bruce says handing Peter the keys to a red motorcycle.Peter looked at bruce thanking him as the green man went back inside.

Steve watched her as she prepared the ingredients. He wasn’t the best at cooking. Simple dishes were easy enough, but he didn’t attempt anything too complicated. Despite his lack of skills, he wanted to help as much as he could. So when Rayne asked him to grab ingredients from the fridge, Steve immediately grabbed them.

“Here you go,” he said, handing the cream and cheese to her. “Where did you learn to cook like this?”

——

She gave him a slightly amused look when he told her to get on his back. Aurora hesitated before following his instruction and gripped tighter when Peter began to climb down the building. She at least remembered not to look down, but was relieved when they’d reached the ground.

It seemed that none of them but Bruce had planned past sneaking out of the building. Aurora watched as the green man tossed Rayne’s keys to Peter. “Oh god,” Aurora muttered, eyeing the bike that was parked just outside the building, “Please don’t kill us on this thing.”

"Thank you,and I learned how to cook when I was at my old job.The Cafe boss had a strange liking for me so he taught me how to cook and got angry when I refused to date him.He said he was going to fire me thats when you came and asked me to come here."Rayne says smiling a bit as she mixed the cheese and cream together.

Rayne strained the noodles and then mixed all the ingredients together in a pot then put everything in a casserole pan before putting it in the oven.Rayne then washed the dishes she used before looking at steve."Anyways what do you have planned for the three of us?"She asks.

Peter smiled since he knew how to ride motorcycles.He got on and handed a helmet to Aurora,"just hold on tight okay."He says smiling to her as Bruce went back inside making a loud ruckus to distract Rayne and Steve from hearing the bike start.

Peter took aurora and the bike heading towards the city.Parking infront of his favorite waffle house he got off and looked at Aurora."This place has the best waffles."He says smiling to her.he walked with her inside as they were seated and given menus.

He nodded when she answered, remembering the guy from when he’d taken her into their ranks. “Yeah, that guy was a jerk. He’s lucky all I gave him was a broken nose,” Steve said with a slight grin.

Steve watched her work from a spot against the counter before she asked a question. “The three of us?” he replied, wondering what she meant. Steve had noticed that Bruce had joined them, but he wondered which three people Rayne was talking about.

——

Aurora had to admit, seeing Peter get onto the bike made her look at him a little differently. He was attractive, sure, but it had been in a cute, boyish way. This way, however, was more striking and, dare she say, sexy.

She got onto the bike behind Peter and paused before wrapping her arms around him. Aurora held on tight, feeling the muscles flex beneath his shirt as they rode to a waffle place. Following him inside, she slid into the booth opposite Peter and grabbed the menu with a smile. “You know, I’ve never been on a date before,” Aurora said

Rayne looked at steve,"me,Aurora,and Peter.Are you going to make us part of your avenger team or send us off someplace else?"Rayne says when she looked at Bruce.

He smiled at her innocently when she slammed her hands on the counter."What did you do this time?"She asks sternly.She knew bruce was up to something as he tried to deny it.

"If you dont tell me I will melt your ice cream and popsicles."She says with a serious tone.Bruces face dropped as he looked at steve.

Peter smiled at Aurora but blushed slightly when he heard her mention that she hasn't been on a date."So you consider this a date.I mean i would have taken you someplace way nicer though."He says before he looked at her.

"Not saying that I wouldn't want to date you I mean you're super pretty but I'm stupid and a waffle place is not first date material.I would have taken you to the movies or an amusement park."He says blushing more.

Steve raised an eyebrow, surprised that she’d think he’d just send them off somewhere else. “I thought it was kind of an unspoken thing that you’re all on the team. Aurora has a long way to go, but she’ll be valuable asset once she’s trained up.”

He looked over to Bruce with a concerned expression when Rayne demanded to know what he was up to. It was then that he realized that Aurora and Peter were no where to be seen or heard. “Where’s Aurora?” he questioned, his hard gaze burning through Bruce.

——

Aurora realized that she probably shouldn’t have assumed like that, but she didn’t know much about dating. “You’re not stupid and a waffle place is fine,” she told him, “I mean, I don’t know much about you, but isn’t the point of dating?”

The waitress came over to get their order before leaving and quickly bringing over their drinks. “We don’t have to call it a date if you don’t want to. Pretend I was kidding,” Aurora said with a shrug and a slight blush.

"Oh those kids must be around here somewhere."Bruce says when Rayne goes to the freezer.She opens it and takes out the Popsicles bruce loves."five,four,thr...."Rayne says when bruce gave in.

"They are in the city at a waffle house together.I helped them escape so that Steve wouldn't get angry.I know you wouldn't have a problem with it Rayne."Bruce says when Rayne glared at him,"what vehicle did they take?"She asks.

"Your bike."Bruce says in a small tone as Raynes hair flared up engulfed in flames."You helped them take blaze.How could you Bruce."She says sighing.

Peter chuckled at Aurora before he looked at her."We can consider this a date because i was going to try to ask you anyways even if you said no and threw water on me.So I'm kinda glad you agreed to come along."He says sipping at his soda.

When the waitress came over with their food peter happily dug into his pile of waffles.He also talked with Aurora about his life so far and how he was able to become spiderman.He also talked about his Aunt May and how she was dating Happy.

“Bruce, what the hell?” Steve yelled, when the man admitted that the two kids had snuck out on Rayne’s motorcycle. “Does Parker even have a motorcycle license?”

Before Bruce could answer, he went over to grab the keys to his own motorcycle. “The lab corporation is still out there. There’s been nothing but radio silence, but they won’t hesitate to take her back if they get wind that she’s around.”

——

“Really?” Aurora asked, surprised, “You wanted to ask me out?” It was more of a rhetorical question, so she just smiled before drinking some of her Sprite.

They talked for a while and she found herself smiling endlessly. Aurora told him about her twin and being a foster kid, but hesitated telling him about the experiments and her brother’s death.

Rayne had gotten the motorcycle from thor as a gift and it was like her child.She did her own maintenance on the bike and she has had it for almost a year.She first got it when she joined up with the avengers.

"Steve wait up."Rayne says as she takes the casserole out of the oven and puts it on the stove.She tossed bruce his popsicles before he followed after steve.She took his keys,"ill drive."She says to him clearly she was upset as she was back to normal and her flames were gone.

Peter smiled at her as he nodded.When she told him about her past he only smiled more."If you ever need help dont worry i will be here for you.I might not look like it but I'm quite strong myself."He jokes as he flexes his arm.

He was about to say something to Aurora when he noticed a man sitting in a booth a couple seats away from them.He leans forward a bit,"Hey very casually look at that guy he looks suspicious right."Peter says.

His sole mission at the moment was retrieving Aurora unharmed, but he realized that he wasn’t sure where exactly they’d gone. Thankfully, they had the ability to ping Peter’s phone, so he quickly called in to Fury and got a location within minutes.

Steve tossed Rayne his keys and a helmet before they hopped onto the bike. His motorcycle was his pride and joy, but a Rayne knew how to drive and understood the attachment that came with owning a motorcycle, so he trusted her.

——

Her smile faded when Peter pointed out a guy, who was giving her quite a curious look. He wasn’t trying to hide it either, which put her on edge. “M-maybe we should go,” she suggested, a sudden sense of foreboding and fear coming over her.

Aurora leaned in a little to whisper so that he understood a little more. “SHIELD rescued me from a lab, where I was experimented on illegally. That’s where I got my powers.”

Rayne looked at the address knowing exactly where the waffle house was as she took off.She drove quickly down the hidden road and onto the main road.Driving along the highway she got to the waffle house in 15 minutes.

She got off the bike looking at steve,"i don't want to hear anything about my speeding."She says sternly.She saw her bike as she went to it and laid her head on the bike."Dont worry baby im here."She says.

Peter looked at Aurora when she told him about her getting her powers he nodded and stood."come on lets go."He says smiling to her as he felt his spidy sense tingle.

He looked at the guy who stood up and reached into his jackets pocket before pulling out a tranquilizer gun.Peter grabbed auroras hand and pulled her out and into the back as people screamed seeing the gun thinking it was a real gun.Peter and Aurora made it the back alley before Peter turned to her only to be thrown into the wall but holding aurora infront of him so she wasn't hurt.

The man had a push type ability that gave him the ability to send out a single powerful shock wave.The man could control how big of an area the shock wave would hit.

Steve wasn’t about to say anything about her speeding, as he’d have done the exact same thing to get to the kids as quickly as possible. “Come on, let’s check inside,” he said before he noticed the chaos that had erupted inside of the waffle house. His eyes quickly scanned through the windows for Aurora’s dark hair, but he didn’t see it.

Closing his eyes, he listened carefully to the sounds around them and picked up on a thud from the backside of the restaurant. “The back alley,” Steve said to Rayne before taking off running in that direction.

——

Aurora’s eyes widened when the suspicious man pulled out a gun. She recognized it to be a tranquilizer gun because the guards used to carry identical ones back at the lab.

Peter tugged her along, out the back door, before they were tossed back into the wall. Her movement was cushioned by Peter’s body and she glanced over to make sure he was okay before her gaze landed on the man. So her had energy blasts - she could deal with that, with the right motivation. Aurora harnessed her worry and fear and pushed it outward, but the man sent a blast at the same time and their energies collided somehow, throwing them both back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back