Experiences Where did you roleplay before you came to RPNation?

Technically, the first place I 'Role-Played' was this Final Fantasy D&D-ish site on Angelfire through AOL. Pretty much copied the basic FF battle system and had someone do the math for the battles. One might have called it a pen-and-paper Dissidia. Then I discovered you could actually write longer sentences and make your own characters, eventually leading me to a small place called Flatearth (I think). As a power-hungry newb, I kind of ruined it though. When that place died, I joined the forum kwown as THOAW.com (The Heart of All Worlds), where I learned the basics and got my ass kicked thankfully. It lasted for a few good years, met some nice people and a few chicks.

After that, I joined Gaia for awhile in its beginning. I regret that decision wholeheartedly.

Finally, I found that one place you would never forget, thefinalfantasyforums. Went from Newb to Intermediate, in terms of experience. Got my ass kicked, kicked some ass, met great people, and some not-so-great. Stayed there for years, well into my mid 20's. You could consider it like the roaring 1920's just before the Great Depression. Ah, how I'll miss the long philosophical discussions through MSNMessenger.

Here's a drink to all the great places of our youth. May their memories never die.

I started on fanfiction.net back when I used to write fanfics for Smallville and somehow ended up in the forum section. Yup. I never even knew I would have liked it but the community was welcoming. Sad to say school got in the way and I fell off it and then when I went back there were new people and it wasn't quite the same. Then after finishing my schooling I had time to Rp again so I went on roleplay gateway but I started working and didn't have as much time as I used to and didn't like the whole change of the site so I left.

Now I'm here. The end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I belonged to 2 kinda girly sites that had roleplaying as a side option. They were GoSupermodel and VirtualPopstar. I had heard of the first site from my friend in school, but when that one shut down many of the role-players moved to the later site. So, I joined the new site, but quit because I wasn't interested in the features anymore. I just wanna role-play and talk to people, now.

I used to be on a site called PonyIsland, it's changed a lot but 5 years ago there was a really active role-play section on their forums.

I doubt anyone has ever heard of it, but the first place I roleplayed was a site called Shimlar. It was a sort of social text based RPG. You didn't interact with characters in the game, but there was a chat box that had an RP tab. This was back in like 2002 lol.

After that good ol' GaiaOnline was my first step into forum roleplays. I've also been on a site called Fabletop a few times, but I've yet to have the chance to participate in anything on there.

I guess technically I got my start on a forum, but it was a free forum a few friends and I made to host our own RP. It became a weird hybrid between normal RP and just cooperative writing (pre-determined plots, mutual control over most characters, etc.) very quickly and then eventually died.

My first real roleplaying was on a MUD, though. Not all MUDs are IC-enforced, but this one was, and it was wonderful. From then I've drifted through all sorts of different roleplay mediums. I do tabletop mostly now, but I've been missing text-based RP something fierce. So here I am!

Back on habbo actually, then moved to MSN messenger until those friends moved on to toher sites. Enjoying rpnation, need to arrange an Alice in Wonderland rp sometime soon.

Really only on Gaiaonline. And I think Crysandrea - but it's closed down now.

I used to roleplay a lot with pen and paper, and through emails too. :>

I started RP over MSN when I was stupidly young xD The first forum I started RP on was a site called PKMN.net, unfortunately the RP section f the site became very inactive after a couple of years. I then abandoned forum RP for a few years, just RPing in private with friends before being swindled into joining a site called BloodRoses. It was a pretty nasty community so I didn't end up sticking around long.

And now I'm here :3 Yaaay!

I don't know if I said this yet, but I was on TheRoleplaySite before I came here. It sucked ass. Then I tried Roleplayer Guild. It sucked even more ass. Finally, I decided to come here. No ragrets.

I started on Neopets, of all places, back in....2002? Way before the sellout and the site was still actually kind of good. I got a friend into the site, and they later got me into roleplaying. Eventually I migrated to Gaia (honestly, back then, who didn't?), but I didn't stick around. Tried joining the RP guild there and oh my gods the elitism could not have been more palpable, which has always been my main issue with roleplay communities.

MiracleKa said:
I started on Neopets, of all places, back in....2002? Way before the sellout and the site was still actually kind of good. I got a friend into the site, and they later got me into roleplaying. Eventually I migrated to Gaia (honestly, back then, who didn't?), but I didn't stick around. Tried joining the RP guild there and oh my gods the elitism could not have been more palpable, which has always been my main issue with roleplay communities.
I started on neopets too.

Like, porbably same year as you. When the boards used to be just a list, God I'm old.

I tried gaia a bit, I did a lot of invisionfree/proboards/jcink/phbb communities though.

Now I just do nanowrimo, hang out on inkandprose; and here now too.

Wow! There's way more places to roleplay than I realized there were...the internet is crazy (' :| )

I was introduced by tabletop, but really got into it on the Cortex RP custom maps on Starcraft II.

I started forum RPing on this site way back a few years ago, but completely forgot about my account and started hopping between other sites until finding my way back here. It's changed a lot.

I started out in crunchyroll and spent quite a few years there. Met a group of people I became close to though we've drifted apart. I still rp on CR sometimes but only when my friends invite me to a group. Then a friend invited me to another site. I'm still on it but just for friends. One of them joined this site with me c: I've also rped in two of the games I've played and still do on Skype sometimes.

^ That friend above was the one who invited me to this site :')

Joking aside, though, I've only ever roleplayed on the one platform (which I won't name, seeing as I'm still roleplaying there) extensively, but I have tried out roleplaying on Tumblr, when I still had an account on there. Now I exclusively roleplay on said unnamed site and through Skype with my friends-- though I'm looking to build a new rapport here. In any case, you could say I'm pretty sheltered when it comes to experiences of various roleplaying platforms, haha~

I haven't RPed for a looong time, but I did have a few minor RPs on GaiaOnline. They didn't go anywhere, though.

Otherwise I do some personal RPs with friends on Skype/kik.

DemonKitten said:
One word: neopets
Me too! I was there for quite sometime. I grew up on Neopets lol.

I can't get into my old account anymore because I forgot the password. . I wonder if they still have them or do they get deleted after years?

I haven't roleplayed in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back