• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy When the Truth Comes Out || Detailed Urban Fantasy || STILL LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
2aff3ee645ff9d3214d4f2c4f0be664b.jpg
When the Truth Comes Out
You always knew you were… odd in some way. Maybe it was that you were the child of a single parent, never hearing of your father, how your mother always gave a vague answer when you asked about her job even though there was almost some form of money coming into the house. But just recently, when your birthday is nearing, she began to act more strange than usual. Staying out later only to return visibly fatigued and smelling of soot or rain. It was clear something was bothering her. This behavior was only amplified when things around you began to act unnatural as well.

Swimming in gym class and not realizing you were sitting on the bottom of the pool until everyone began to stare.

Accidentally touching a hot oven rack but it not burning nor feeling all that hot.

Tripping and falling only to remain suspended in air.

Falling asleep in the grass only to wake and find it covering you like a blanket.

You were confused as all hell, that was for sure. Either keeping quiet or demanding answers, it didn’t matter. Because as you woke up the week of your birthday, your mother had already been up explaining that you weren’t going to school that morning.

So.. What’s this?
Alright, this RP is going to be about a young girls learning that they have mages for mothers (I think witches had too much of a negative connotation.. They aren’t edgy but can fuck you up) and trying to cope with learning all this. They gain their abilities around puberty, which even though for females can be rather young I’m saying is high school ages. Some get it early, others late as fuck.

They aren’t going to be able to control it immediately, hell no. If you walk in here expecting to be the avatar, I’m gonna grab Appa to haul your ass out of here. That being said, there are going to be more roles than just the kids so if you didn’t want to play someone under 21 (which I kinda dislike as well) you’re in luck as well.

This is going to be DETAILED so… uh… 2 paragraphs per, don’t take a spot if you don’t intend to stay and all that good stuff.

A Brief Note
Since it is the twenty-first century and this is a thing that exists, I wanted to make clear that they would only inherit the magical ability if they have always been biologically female. I’m not against any trans people, just makes more sense that way. And to keep things simple, I’d prefer if they were either female or gender fluid. They can have masculine mannerisms all they want though so, go wild.

Roles
If I don’t get enough interest, its going to be first come first serve. If I have people wanting the same spot, you both can have a go at it but only one will remain supreme.

Fire: They are the shyest and most passive among the group, not all that eager to start arguments or shove their opinions down other's throats.

Fire’s Mentor: Having grown out of her fiery teen stage a while back, she is much more animated than the girl she is going to be teaching. That, however, doesn’t mean she can’t be snuffed out all to quickly.

Earth: Loud and proud, she had a temper and personality that couldn't be beat even if someone tried.

Earth's Mentor: A bit of a jumpy woman, she is able to deal with the vibrant personality that is her pupil, but not much more.

Water: Curious and extremely optimistic, the slightly frightened girl is more than eager to learn although wearily.

Water's Mentor: Slightly bitter than the rest of them but still willing to teach, the woman can’t help but be a touch pessimist at times. ( StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 )

Air: Almost to intelligent for her own good, the girl is struggling to comprehend how any of this is possible due to her logical mindset.

Air’s Mentor: Down to earth and extremely kind, she is the overbearing motherly type that no one wants or needs.

Hello! I am new to this site, but I have been roleplaying for a while now. I was wondering if the Earth girl or any of the mentors were still open? If so, I would be more than happy to join!

I am interested, yes. Though, I'd prefer the earth/fire girl or fire mentor.
I can't decide.

Edit:
I want the fire mentor.

Hello! I am new to this site, but I have been roleplaying for a while now. I was wondering if the Earth girl or any of the mentors were still open? If so, I would be more than happy to join!
All mentors except water are open (that's mine~) and earth is as well. ^^

I am interested, yes. Though, I'd prefer the earth/fire girl or fire mentor.
I can't decide.

Edit:
I want the fire mentor.
Great, I'm not taking reservations as this time so be sure to create a character! ^^

All mentors except water are open (that's mine~) and earth is as well. ^^

Great, I'm not taking reservations as this time so be sure to create a character! ^^
Wait, so is the Earth girl open? I am confused, sorry. Where would you want me to post the character?

Whats the world like. Also, are all of the player characters female. And are the mentors the mothers?

Very interested in earth girl, jumped out to me almost immediately. Definitely a character type I stick to and am most comfortable playing.

(I've been roleplaying for almost 3 years now, took a break for about 6 months so I decided to start fresh with a new account, just in case you were wondering :D)

Edit: Also wouldn't mind water girl.

Last edited:
Very interested in earth girl, jumped out to me almost immediately. Definitely a character type I stick to and am most comfortable playing.

(I've been roleplaying for almost 3 years now, took a break for about 6 months so I decided to start fresh with a new account, just in case you were wondering :D)

Edit: Also wouldn't mind water girl.
Glad to hear it! Even if you were new to roleplaying I wouldn't mind. ^^

You know what, if I'm still undead until tomorrow I might actually join.
Well then.. just don't go outside before 9 PM.

Is this still open?
Yep!

I might wait a little bit longer to post the threads but I'm happy with the all of a sudden interest! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back