Other What’s the strangest conspiracy theory you’ve ever heard?

Maki

Ten Thousand Club
106B6A30-188E-45BB-82B7-20CB88A5FB00.jpeg
I saw this picture and wanted to know what’s the most obscure theories people have seen or heard of.

The strangest one I've heard is the one that the earth is flat. Simply because I don't see who benefits from that, other than companies that make globes.

The Mandela Effect. I remembered something incorrectly, therefore aspects of reality itself must be shifting. The Large Hadron Collider is sometimes blamed.

Ngl I showed the list to my friend and they convinced me that Justin Trudeau is actually Fidel Castro’s son

There's a sub-theory that some flat-earthers have where they believe that actual trees don't exist anymore.

img_2759.jpg

In essence, the theory argues that mountains, mesas, buttes, and other geological features on Earth are the remnants of ancient trees that were gigantic in both width and height. Theorists back this up by comparing ordinary tree characteristics (a plateau/mesa being comparable to a chopped-down tree, a jagged mountain peak being comparable to a splintered tree stump) to geological feature characteristics. The reason why all these ancient trees are now rock is because they've become petrified, which is a sort of interesting reason, because petrified trees actually exist.

img_2766-1.jpg
img_2769.jpg

There used to be entire forests of these trees, apparently. I'm not sure what all believers of this theory think happened to create such a rapid scale of destruction that all these 'trees' are gone, but from the sites I've skimmed, most of them cite biblical evidence: "The flood that God sent to destroy the earth and it’s wickedness was so destructive that it leveled trees and completely changed the earth’s terrain and atmosphere. This is why there are so many deserts and barren places." (Either it's that, or aliens. Or both.)

img_2755-1.jpg
img_2764.jpg

Either way, it's a fun theory to think about, and would be a cool thing to put into RP worldbuilding or other creative project. Absolute nonsense, of course, which makes it strange some people believe it (then again, it's also a sub-theory of Flat Earth, so maybe not all that surprising in the long run). If you want to read more of that sort of thing, there's a site called 'flatearthscienceandthebible' that has loads more of this kind of stuff.

There's a sub-theory that some flat-earthers have where they believe that actual trees don't exist anymore.

img_2759.jpg

In essence, the theory argues that mountains, mesas, buttes, and other geological features on Earth are the remnants of ancient trees that were gigantic in both width and height. Theorists back this up by comparing ordinary tree characteristics (a plateau/mesa being comparable to a chopped-down tree, a jagged mountain peak being comparable to a splintered tree stump) to geological feature characteristics. The reason why all these ancient trees are now rock is because they've become petrified, which is a sort of interesting reason, because petrified trees actually exist.

img_2766-1.jpg
img_2769.jpg

There used to be entire forests of these trees, apparently. I'm not sure what all believers of this theory think happened to create such a rapid scale of destruction that all these 'trees' are gone, but from the sites I've skimmed, most of them cite biblical evidence: "The flood that God sent to destroy the earth and it’s wickedness was so destructive that it leveled trees and completely changed the earth’s terrain and atmosphere. This is why there are so many deserts and barren places." (Either it's that, or aliens. Or both.)

img_2755-1.jpg
img_2764.jpg

Either way, it's a fun theory to think about, and would be a cool thing to put into RP worldbuilding or other creative project. Absolute nonsense, of course, which makes it strange some people believe it (then again, it's also a sub-theory of Flat Earth, so maybe not all that surprising in the long run). If you want to read more of that sort of thing, there's a site called 'flatearthscienceandthebible' that has loads more of this kind of stuff.
That was a ride lmao. Ty for contributing

Well...there was this one thing I heard that was strange...
...Okay, it's downright crazy. Ever hear of Alex Jones of Infowars?

Everything he says is a crazy conspiracy theory.
True, but the one that strikes me as the craziest one out of all of them (and I am in no way trying to feed into the meme...ugh...) is where he rants and raves about water pollution doing something to the frogs. (I'm just not sure if safe to use the word he used here.)

True, but the one that strikes me as the craziest one out of all of them (and I am in no way trying to feed into the meme...ugh...) is where he rants and raves about water pollution doing something to the frogs. (I'm just not sure if safe to use the word he used here.)
Making the frogs gay? Yeah. That was insane. I have no problem if the frogs are gay, that's their business. But I doubt many of them are, because the species doesn't seem to be endangered due to low reproduction rates. At least, not to my knowledge.

Making the frogs gay? Yeah. That was insane. I have no problem if the frogs are gay, that's their business. But I doubt many of them are, because the species doesn't seem to be endangered due to low reproduction rates. At least, not to my knowledge.
The whole business just doesn't make any sense from a logical position. To me, anyway. Plus, how would you even be able to tell if any animal, let alone a frog, is gay?

I was about to mention that one XD

Gosh darn-it, that's that remix, isn't it? Why is that so funny? Part of me doesn't want it to be funny and yet...(-u-")

I mean, i believe a few pretty stupid sounding ones, but they're harmless.

The worst ones i've seen though? Met a guy in a gas station in North Dakota who was wearing a sign that said "THE GERMAN GOVERNMENT IS SECRETLY CREATING ALIENS" I laughed at him and told him that i thought his sign was pretty funny and he instantly snapped and started yelling at me about grey's and shit and how Hitler was right. He was even talking about how ponytail's can be used as a way for aliens too contact you telepathically. I'm so fucking confused.

What i learned: Don't speak too anyone in the US Midwest.

By definition, I'm gonna say...no. Not by a longshot. That dude had to be on something really strong to be going around talking about stuff like that.

My favorite is that Finland doesn’t exist and was made by Russia and Japan to hide their fishing waters

Oh my god do I have one for you.

I know someone who thinks that climate change isn't man-made.

No, it's caused by whales, who can control the weather, who change the ocean and air currents by swimming around real fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back