Literature What's the last book you really loved?

I recently had a blackout and picked up this pretty decorated book I had bought for cosplay. It has no cover title or photo but it's called The Secret Woman. At first I was kind of bored but it hooked me after about 15 pages.

Out of all the books I've bought last year, I'd say The Girl Who Drank The Moon. It's ironic cause' it's literally the only book without any focus on romance just a light brush of it. Another one that I like also doesn't have any romance. The Girl Who Could Fly and The Boy Who Knew Everything. Both of these are from the same series. I really want to read the third one though there isn't one. I still hope there would be soon.

Animal farm, sometimes i think the writer really wants to describe our country.

The last book that I loved reading was called "Christine" by Stephen King. I had another one in mind that I loved, but I had not read it in years and I forgot what it was called.

I've lost my bookworm, but the last time I ate books, 'The Tale Of Despereaux' and the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan were my favs :3

Now I just write stuff instead of reading it XD

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Miscavige Hill

I picked the book up from the library on a whim and thought that I'd read a bit and then just return it. Turns out, I couldn't put the book down. I think I became so interested because of how this woman explains things so matter-of-factly sometimes. It was really interesting just to see a person reflect back on their life and come to terms with everything in a completely different way than I would.

A book that I really enjoyed would have to be The Last Herald Mage by Mercedes Lackey (the trilogy). I enjoy all of her books, though. I'm currently reading the Valdemar series.

Out of the 300+ books I've read/own I always come back to Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. She has a whole series leading up to his book but it is by far my favorite one out of the series.

I love the Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs! Very mysterious, mixed with romance, and a super good read.

"On A Pale Horse" by Piers Anthony. It's the 1st book in the Incarnations of Immortality series, and the best of it in my opinion. "With A Tangled Skein" is easily the 2nd best. I really relate to Zane, the main character, in Pale Horse.

The Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier is an amazing series, although originally it was an actual trilogy, but they ended up adding more books after the three.

It's considered a Historical Fantasy series, but it pretty much is some kind of Fairytale, Fantasy, Irish History mix. It is beautifully well written and interweaves various fairytales inside one main one. I'd definitely recommend it.

Out of the Silent Planet by CS Lewis. I can't remember or point my finger as to why, but it was one of those books that I couldn't put down until I finished it.

I recently just read Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman since I loved the movie, and the book was really beautiful and uniquely written. A lot of lovely language and metaphors!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back