Anime & Manga Whats The Last Anime You Watched/read?

Gokuh

Fridge Destroyer
<p>

</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p>Just Like The Title Says! Whats the last anime/manga you watched/read? How Would you rate it thus far? Would you recommend it?</p></div>

<p>

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
My avatar is highly coincidental for this xD But the last anime I watched was Madoka Magica. It's a Magical Girl anime that... Well, really isn't a Magical Girl anime at all. It deals with a lot of depressing themes and has a very dark and unforgiving world (Does the name "Gen Urobuchi" ring a bell to anyone?). This may sound strange, but I love it for that reason, and would recommend it to anyone with similar tastes. And who likes to make themselves cry. That too.

I have some advice for anyone who's going to go watch it, though: Don't be fooled by the cheerfulness of the first three episodes. The end of the third episode is where things start to pick up, and it goes very much downhill from there. And this is a 12-episode anime.

Also, don't trust Kyuubey.

2438554-puella_magi_madoka_magica-06-kyubey-staring.jpg

The last anime I completed was From the New World, which was excellent. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something a little bit different than the standard anime fare, but it is a pretty dark show with lots of bad things happening so it's not exactly a light watch.

Right now I'm slooooooowly watching through The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Record of Lodoss War, and the original Digimon Adventure. The first is a really fun comedic fantasy about the demon lord of a fantasy world getting stuck on modern Earth and trying to make a living. Different scenarios complicate the situation like folks from the fantasy world crossing over to hunt him down, one of his co-workers from his part time job at MgRonald's getting a crush on him, and his over-enthusiastic best friend/assistant who also got stuck on Earth. I've been watching it dubbed and it's a very good dub, but I can tell it's the sort that changes some of the jokes to be more relevant to an English-speaking audience which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Record of Lodoss War is a high fantasy OVA from the early 90s. It's based on a group's playtime with a D&D-esque tabletop RPG. (As an aside, from what I understand there's actually a bit of a market in Japan for writings summarizing tabletop RPG sessions.) I'm only a few episodes in so far, but it definitely shows. The art is absolutely gorgeous, and all in all the series is great comfort food.

Digimon Adventure is... well, it's Digimon. I didn't get into the craze when I was a kid despite being the perfect age to do so as I got fussy about missing episodes of serialized shows and I was way more into Pokemon at the time. I'm only a handful of episodes in but I'm enjoying my time so far, especially knowing the plot gets less episodic as the series progresses. I am watching a fansubbed version despite knowing the English dub is actually pretty good for that era of kids anime TV dubbing so I can't really comment on that.

Last Anime I completed was Parasyte! I'd give it a solid 10/10! I dont2want to give to much away for those who know nothing about it, but ehile it has lors of cool actuon scenes, what i truly enjoyed was seeing the main character grow and evolve into what he became at the end of the series.

the last anime i watched was haikyuu

i did not expect to care for or enjoy watching pasty nerds running around slapping balls at each other

i was very wrong also it got my volleyball hype back up to like 11/10 after years of not caring about it

My last anime was Death Parade, which I ended up loving at the end, so many emotions c.c

Manga wise I have been onto Kuroshitsuji, just read the last update <3

19 Days. That manga is SATAN I SWEAR DONT READ IT UNLESS YOURE PREPARED TO BE SO FRUSTRATED AT THE CUTENESS THAT IS SO MUCH BUT NEVER ENOUGH

I recently finished the anime movie called 5cm per second and I LOVED it! The artistic beauty is incredible and the story itself is really realistic yet heartbreaking. It is a must watch!

Fawndapple said:
I recently finished the anime movie called 5cm per second and I LOVED it! The artistic beauty is incredible and the story itself is really realistic yet heartbreaking. It is a must watch!
Yea i heard good things about that one! I'm gonna have to watch it tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently just finished

One Punch Man which is good only

if you are a major Shounen fan and or enjoy comedy.

Now thinking about watching Gundam Blood Orphan.

I just finished Ouran High School Host Club. It's 100000000000/10. I'd recommend it to literally everyone. Everyone.

Well... Completed anime would be Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

But the last anime watched period is Psycho-pass. So far it's pretty good, but not as good as brotherhood! Hey, that rhymed... I should be a poet more often.

Recently finished the first season of Sword Art Online. I'd say the beginning was awesome but it kinda felt like they dragged it out towards the middle. Planning on watching the second season soon.

If we're talking movies, then it would be Akira. I first saw that film about fifteen years ago, I think, and it still holds up really good. As for series, I'm not much into them. I find most of the popular ones tend to be very fan-servicey. I tried watching Fairy Tail some point last year because apparently it's really good. But, the way they objectify their female cast... ugh. (>n>)

Log horizon. Its the last anime i finished. Now im watching Gintama 2015. as for manga.....uff, probably some random yaoi manga

I think the last anime I watched was Rose of Versailles. It's on Hulu. It's actually considered the first anime and by that standards, it's excellent. Seriously, this was like in '78 or '79 when it was first released and it looks just as good as a 90's anime. It is a very intense story and sometimes it does get a little tiring to try to marathon through it but it definitely left a lasting impression on me. I miss listening to the opening theme song!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back