Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
my pet peeve is assuming their sexuality or gender is the only possible aspect to a character given its not straight or cis. it’s not hard to roleplay a trans person without using stereotypes. just don’t make it their only character trait. if it’s not relevant to the plot don’t make it a big deal at all.

I'm guessing this is a comfort thing? I have attempted to write trans characters before, but it's hard for me to do them justice without relying on common tropes and stereotypes.

I find in general if your worries about stereotypes basing the character on a real person helps. Obviously this requires you to know a trans person (or whatever identity your wanna write) but it can help you get away from tropes and such.

I find in general if your worries about stereotypes basing the character on a real person helps. Obviously this requires you to know a trans person (or whatever identity your wanna write) but it can help you get away from tropes and such.
Yea, that's the problem. I don't have a lot of experience with the trans community or trans people.

The thread has derailed too much at the moment and will be temporarily locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back