Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood indeed.

Either you have time but no motivation. Or motivation but no time. Or no motivation and no time.
Feels like 'having motivation and time' at the same time is a myth 🙃

All weekend I had all the motivation to write but no free time. Now I finally have the time, and the motivation is gone

sigh
^this. Happens to me all the time. Even w/out an RP going on, I still write on my own. But the freetime/motivation ration rarely ever works out

It's a roleplay of a dating show. ten contestants with three love interests. Time went on, only five contestants are left and we came to the finale. Everything was great! The one eliminated took it in good sports (and a lot of inactives). Everyone kinda already knew who would win since the pairings got obvious, except for one love interest who had good feelings with two contestants and like were between choosing the two. It was exciting then surprise!

A love interest suddenly declared they were going to be with an eliminated contestant instead. Apparently they had a whole side thread without the GM permission of them like, sexting and sending pictures and talking about other contestants on the phone. Anyway game got ruined because people got upset. The other two pairs had their endings summarized OOC but not officially on the thread because that rogue love interest got pissy about it.

I PLAYED THE CUCKHOLDED CONTESTANT. Three months of good chemistry and writing wasted. All that drama, tension, sweet moments. Times when I genuinely teared up when those two bastards finally got together and stopped fighting.

Nope. Apparently the guy was just toying around!! Stringing along because he hated my character from the start!! Yeah, ignore all those internal dialogue you write! If they discussed it with me before hand I won't be effing upset but just.

GAH.

I won't be touching romance for a while. Furious.

Wait the players were sexting? Cuz honestly you dodged a bullet my friend.

Also like maybe I’m just petty but I would have gone full reality TV. We’re talking cursing, hair pulling, hysterics. Doesn’t matter if it’s my character or I had to make up an NPC. Cuz fuck you I’m not going out without burning the whole thing to the ground.

Would have got the other players involved too. Like oh they want a Bachelor style shit show, alright then let’s give it to them.

No one on a dating show has dignity anyway.

But in all seriousness Damafaud Damafaud that seems more like someone who has a toxic personality who should maybe not have been allowed into the roleplay. Cuz I don’t buy that the GM had no idea, I’m sorry. No one is that good of a liar, especially not long term over the course of an entire roleplay.

There were some red flags that maybe you weren’t privy to but the GM should have picked up on.

Wait the players were sexting? Cuz honestly you dodged a bullet my friend.

Also like maybe I’m just petty but I would have gone full reality TV. We’re talking cursing, hair pulling, hysterics. Doesn’t matter if it’s my character or I had to make up an NPC. Cuz fuck you I’m not going out without burning the whole thing to the ground.

Would have got the other players involved too. Like oh they want a Bachelor style shit show, alright then let’s give it to them.

No one on a dating show has dignity anyway.

But in all seriousness Damafaud Damafaud that seems more like someone who has a toxic personality who should maybe not have been allowed into the roleplay. Cuz I don’t buy that the GM had no idea, I’m sorry. No one is that good of a liar, especially not long term over the course of an entire roleplay.

There were some red flags that maybe you weren’t privy to but the GM should have picked up on.
In hindsight GM probably knows more than let on.

I'm just upset and done. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of a proper end either. Just left.

no one wanting to rp good ol’ zombie apocalypses anymore 🥲
I suspect people just got burnt out on the zombie genre since it was super popular for awhile and exploded all over the media.

Or when Goblins are not allowed as PCs because they are strictly baddies. *angry goblin growls*

I use to think goblins were only evil and RP'd as such in a RP server I use to frequent. But then I met the sweetest goblin who became my friend...

then she poisoned me a few weeks later...

:(

no one wanting to rp good ol’ zombie apocalypses anymore 🥲
I suspect people just got burnt out on the zombie genre since it was super popular for awhile and exploded all over the media.
Kinda hard to throw a new spin on it anymore. And also, the few groups that I tried to get into focused way too much on the human drama and not enough on the actual zombies. Big bummer

Kinda hard to throw a new spin on it anymore. And also, the few groups that I tried to get into focused way too much on the human drama and not enough on the actual zombies. Big bummer
👀
eh, mostly because no one likes a zombie that isn’t either a shuffling TWD zombie or a screamer/rage monster from media like World War Z and All of Us Are Dead
now if you were interested in playing something more along the lines of Warm Bodies, then I’d have content for ya

👀
eh, mostly because no one likes a zombie that isn’t either a shuffling TWD zombie or a screamer/rage monster from media like World War Z and All of Us Are Dead
now if you were interested in playing something more along the lines of Warm Bodies, then I’d have content for ya
livid that "World War Z" is now associated with fast zombies

wasn't that way in the book

livid that "World War Z" is now associated with fast zombies

wasn't that way in the book
ehh, I just watched the trailer. I was thinking more All of Us Are Dead, Alone, Train to Busan, #Alive
if that helps at all

People who want to jump into the roleplay after only a couple of messages. I'm not saying I want to plan out every conversation before but when you haven't even exchanged character's names, it might be a bit soon to start the roleplay....

People who want to jump into the roleplay after only a couple of messages. I'm not saying I want to plan out every conversation before but when you haven't even exchanged character's names, it might be a bit soon to start the roleplay....
On the other hand, drawing out the planning for too long will often leave people disinterested, or they will pick up an RP with someone else who IS willing to get started quickly.

On the other hand, drawing out the planning for too long will often leave people disinterested, or they will pick up an RP with someone else who IS willing to get started quickly.

I agree. But it's a bit difficult to start a roleplay when I literally don't even know their character's name yet

Or when you don’t even have a plot either. It’s just I have an OC and you have a OC let’s get started and I’m like ???

I like slice of life as much as the next person but we’re gonna need to at bare minimum agree on a setting. But some kind of plot would also be nice (even a simple one like my character falls in love with your character).

But when it’s just great we have selected our characters let’s go, I’m like “…that’s gonna be a hard no from me.”

I have a character that I worked really hard on, that I want to use in an RP. I don't know what the deal is I don't know if this character is cursed or what have you, but no RP where I try to use this character be it group or 1x1 ever lasts long enough for me to really play with them if at all, sometimes the RP doesn't even start. I just want to use my character damn it!

I have a character that I worked really hard on, that I want to use in an RP. I don't know what the deal is I don't know if this character is cursed or what have you, but no RP where I try to use this character be it group or 1x1 ever lasts long enough for me to really play with them if at all, sometimes the RP doesn't even start. I just want to use my character damn it!
I have a whole damn collection of unrequited characters for this very reason. Bunches of them that were made, worked on in detail, and then never got put into proper play. The problem with trying to fit already made characters into new ideas, is that they carry the mold of the setting they were made from. and it doesn't always transfer over very well. But even with modification to new settings, I never really get to use them for the same reasons you stated. Except in my case, I don't try to play them into 1x1s as I only do groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back