Other What's A Canon Ship You've Always Wanted to RP?

Xylona

ur not a ghost, i'm not afraid of u
Do you have a ship or otp that you've always wanted to write/rp, but haven't? Maybe you can't find anyone to write the counterpart you want, maybe the pairing isn't popular, maybe you've started to RP it but the RP always falls through, or maybe you've just been too shy to ask for it?

Whatever the reason, I wanna know! What's the ship, from what universe, and why haven't you gotten to write it?

I'll start-- it's kinda odd I guess? But mine's Lars and Sadie from Steven Universe! There's tons of SU roleplayers, but for obvious reasons they typically prefer to write gems rather than humans. Which totally makes sense, since gems are super awesome, but Lars and Sadie have the cutest little opposites-attract dynamic that I think would be so fun to expand upon more!

Anyways, that's mine, let me hear yours!

Well do you mean canon as in a relationship in the original series? Or canon as in a relationship featuring actual characters from the original series?

So I don't really do romantic ships all that often. I don't find them that interesting to explore to be honest.

If I had to pick one I would probably say Harry and Draco. But not necessarily in the sense that I want to see the two of them date. Because I don't think either character is really fit to be in a interpersonal relationship until they deal with their childhood traumas and the bullshit expectations the crap adults in their life put on them. I do however think starting from a place of acknowledging a crush on someone they felt was their "enemy" could be a good starting point for a lot of introspection for the two characters.

that said I don't think I quite have the writing chops to do that nor do I think it would be something that anyone else would care to roleplay.

As for platonic ships any combination of the Circle of Magic Quartet. I am especially interested in Briar and Tris but also maybe Tris and Sandry because they have very different upbringings and personal journeys.

So I don't really do romantic ships all that often. I don't find them that interesting to explore to be honest.

If I had to pick one I would probably say Harry and Draco. But not necessarily in the sense that I want to see the two of them date. Because I don't think either character is really fit to be in a interpersonal relationship until they deal with their childhood traumas and the bullshit expectations the crap adults in their life put on them. I do however think starting from a place of acknowledging a crush on someone they felt was their "enemy" could be a good starting point for a lot of introspection for the two characters.

that said I don't think I quite have the writing chops to do that nor do I think it would be something that anyone else would care to roleplay.

As for platonic ships any combination of the Circle of Magic Quartet. I am especially interested in Briar and Tris but also maybe Tris and Sandry because they have very different upbringings and personal journeys.

That seems intriguing honestly!! That much character development sounds super fun to write, though a little challenging as well like you said. It's a really cool take on that ship though because while it's super popular I haven't really seen it fleshed out that way!

As for the other, I'm not even sure what that fandom is so I can't have a ton of input but I really admire that you appreciate platonic ships! That feels rare to see, at least in my experience :)

Honestly I’d love to do RPs of all my OTPs but I’d be super judged if I posted them here lol.

I'm beyond intrigued.... ill pay you $10 and sandwich to PM me them at least

I'm beyond intrigued.... ill pay you $10 and sandwich to PM me them at least

Fine, have some of my most sinful ships
Metonic, Metamy (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Billford (Gravity Falls)
JDonica (Heathers)
I have less sinful ships but these are the juicy ones I’d get into big discourse with (please don’t)

Do platonic “ships” count?? Cause I have a ton I would really love to do. I love close friendships and I’d even love to do like a... familial friendship type of thing, wherein someone seems like a mentor and/or parent to another character, but hardly anybody is interested in those kinds of things. Everyone seems to want romantic stuff instead.

Enjolras and Grantraire from Les Mis. Their relationship is very interesting and it moves me. I’d love a chance to get inside of either of their heads. I haven’t done it, though, because as much as I like certain fandoms I have a strict rule of not playing Canon characters. I feel that there is no way I can know a character well enough for me to adopt them and play them myself.

tumblr_inline_mgo5uoIpbU1qaf8xq.gif

I already rp the canon ships I wanted to rp, but I guess there are still a few that I never got to write.

Abe-no Seimei and Minamoto-no Hiromasa from Onmyoji novel/manga.
I would be more inclined to rp them as a platonic ship, but that may be open for discussion lol Sadly, this fandom is so rare that I don't think I'll ever find anyone to rp this, so I gave up.

Kenshin/Tomoe from Rurouni Kenshin. It's one of my favorite arcs from Rurouni Kenshin manga and I love the OVA based on it too. Technically, there wouldn't be much to rp there, except for domestic fluff and a lot of angst, but that's not a bad thing. Although for now I have other things I want to rp that take priority and I doubt that there would be many people willing to rp Rurouni Kenshin, it's not the most popular thing.

There may be a couple of other things but I guess those are always lingering somewhere at the back of my mind and maybe one day I get to rp them if I feel like it.

Mostly I do oc x canon ships, but there are a couple canon x canon ships I kinda wanna do that I haven't been able to.

-Jareth x Sarah [Labyrinth]
-Serena x Diamond [Sailor Moon]
-Caroline x Klaus [The Vampire Diaries]

Those are the top ones I can think of. Mostly for me, I think it's just that I prefer OCs. But those 3 I could possibly try!

I've been (admittedly desperately) trying to find someone willing to write as either Arthur Maxson or Paladin Danse from Fallout 4 for my OC. I did find one person and it started off great! But I hadnt heard from her in a long minute and I've been trying to see if shes okay (her discord has said shes been offline the whole time but if I remember correctly she had it made to look that way so i dont know if shes seen my replies or not and i dont want to come off as creepy but at the same time I'm really concerned about her especially since we seemed to get along just great). I even was willingly doubling with her to keep things fair. I was the MacCready for her OC. And we even played with the idea of our OC's meeting up and getting together. But she just....vanished before that could be a thing.

So back to looking I went. And I haven't had as good of luck as I had with her. I'm still looking. I've been trying to write it out myself but theres just something about writing out a story between you're character and you're favorite cannon character with another person you know? Like you wonder where the other person will take it and it makes it that much more fun.

I think mine would have to be Hannibal and Will Graham. I love their complex chemistry and the deep philosophical conversations. That show has been literal catnip for me, but I feel at this stage in my writing, I don't think I can do them justice. However, in the mean time, I do incorporate aspects of their characters in my OC's. It's good practice for when I eventually find someone to roleplay them with.

Someone give me some good Scarlet Witch x Doctor Strange please I am begging you

Cynthia and Steven Stone from Pokemon are an old guilty pleasure power couple ship of mine that I LOVED a long time ago and still love but not enough people ship it that I just have no-one to play it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back