Opinion What would you all think of a medieval fantasy and steampunk crossover?

beanwacked

my name is judas and i brought you murder
I dug up an old story idea from May regarding the mix and want to start posting it's progress here. I'm curious to what the community thinks about such a wild mix and what things you all would like to see in such.

WARNING:

I will not tolerate negativity or arguments on this thread. Debates, sure. But go fight in PM.​

Oohhh
I've never tried something like this, but this intrigued me.

Hmm... If it's me.. I would like to see a war (that probably has lasted a decade) going on between two human forces where one of the forces uses non-human (wingeds, youkai-like, etc) children and teens as soldiers or energy-supliers/pilots for the robots.

Last edited:
I am 100% in support of a fantasy steampunk setting. Multiple races, using magic to augment steam machines or as a cheap but tiring replacement for steam in a pinch, all that good stuff.

Aaactually... my Chronicles of Pellithárias ideas has aspects of sorta steampunk. Technical term is 'flintlock fantasy'. One faction has guns, and close ties with them would enable one to pack heat.

Not a fan of the punks in general if I’m being honest, so probably not my thing. Still, from other times I’ve seen it done, it can have a good reception as long as you know how to mix them rather than just mash them together like a five year old bashing two action figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back