• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy What We Do In The Shadows

Amaranthium

10000 bees in a trench coat

tumblr_nzx9r8TUe31udoe06o6_250.gif
tumblr_nzx9r8TUe31udoe06o5_250.gif

"This is a place, where we have gathered you because we must. It will be hard to understand at first why it was you were forced here, or perhaps the intent was clear upon receiving the letter, the note, the knock at your door. You are stuck here, this concept will hurt at first, we apologize for that. Your number within the house will be assigned the moment you exit the doors of this room. Everyone within this select group will have a roommate, the assignment is random, please refrain from any direct violence with them. There isn't to be any swapping. A set of rules should be in the folder that was on your chair.

Do Not Try To Leave

Always Answer The Phone

The Hours Between 2am and 6am are Forbidden.

Ignore Any Knocking Between Those Hours

Never Answer The Door At Night

The Woods Are Off Limits

There Is To Be No Use of 'Abilities'

Punishment Is Strict​

This city was created to help rehabilitate you, we ask that you refrain from lashing out at the selected officials here to help. We only want you to one day be able to peacefully enter society again. For those of you, the select few that found themselves included in this session without knowing why, you deserve an explanation. Those of you within the community walls, are not like the civilians out there. Your mind is, open, if you will. Open to the things that the public cannot grasp. Some of you, have been involved in inexplicable accidents. A couch suddenly on fire. Some would use the term magic. We will not be using that term, you are not magical. You are afflicted. Cursed. The rehabilitation center is to help cure you. You are here because we care. Please exit to the left, and claim your rooms. "

The Rehabilitation center is a home for those with magic, although home is a strong word. A center the government opened at the emergence of 'witchcraft' coming to light. Magic comes in a number of different skills (there will be a list if this concept grabs enough support) and the center takes any such person with these abilities. There are tests nowadays to determine if someone is able to possess such such skills. The idea of the rehabilitation center is to essentially find a way to block such magic, although no one has any idea how to truly do so. It's legally required all magic possessing people are turned in, this is one of many camps. This one is located in the shady area of a northern state, although the location is left ambiguous to discourage escape. //Note; there should be no actual escape in the roleplay, the compound is made to look like a town, but a large metal wall (usually hidden by trees) surrounds it. This facility does not accept magic users that can levitate themselves or others.// Essentially, the roleplay is focused around the lives of the magic users within, attempting to survive the 'rehabilitation' center. The centers only take those between the ages of 10 - 25, everyone else is deemed as unfit to be rehabilitated. Those out of school work jobs, but attend classes about magic suppression and essentially the negative aspects. There will be three of each type of magic, this roleplay will, if it grabs enough support, be open until the spots are filled. If you're interested, or have recommendations, hit me up below or pm me!!! I would love to have someone else help run this roleplay!!

Oh man! I'm glad to hear, here I was worrying I was singular in my interests! I'll make sure you tag you in the actual thread once this garters more interest. If you have any pals that might be into it you should totally invite them.

This sounds interesting.

Quick question, would this "rehabilitation center" take a person who could see, say, a minute, give or take, into the future?

Moonflight said:
This sounds interesting.
Quick question, would this "rehabilitation center" take a person who could see, say, a minute, give or take, into the future?
Totally. The rehabilitation center ranges from really light abilities to hardcore stuff.

This sounds fun!

Would intangibility work? That's a pretty risky power I understand-- just wondering :3

Question: Should all characters _want_ to "surpress their magic"? And can magic have been part of their life for a long while before they are taken to the center?

Also, not sure if I missed it, how many chars can one play?

I agree with Cloudy's question. Would all characters have to want to suppress their abilities?

Would telepathy be acceptable? If not, perhaps weather control? Invisibility? Time control?

Just wondering what the yes and no zone is.

I'm so into this idea, if that wasn't obvious yet. Hahah.

I'm very interested in this role play. It's a neat concept, I would love to join ^^

Abilities were entirely present before the facilities came a thing! They could've lived all sorts of magical lives before the rehabilitation centers were opened. Some people probably have mastery over their abilities!

As far as magical abilities go, I'm taking suggestions always! Anything within reason is likely to find it's way into the roleplay!

And, for everyone -- The @Stamper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back