Chitchat What was your first horror movie?

My first was Sometimes They Come Back...Again and it's a good thing I was a child at the time or else I might've just found it hilariously awful instead of genuinely spooky.

I think I watched 'The Omen' on TV at some point when I was still at school and it was the first one.

My uncle brought me to see The Ring with my sister and his girlfriend at the Midnight viewing at the cinemas.

I was ten

Maybe this is why I hate swimming. Water ghost bitches are after me

the shining. still in my top five favorite movies of all time. lots of kubrick in general up in that list.

Alien for me. My parents are huge sci-fi fans and I watched it with them when I was way too young for it (maybe around 10-12?). I'd had trouble sleeping for a while after that, haha.

I don't remember a lot of what I used to watch when I was a kid, but I think the first horror movies I've ever seen (or at least remember) were the Child's Play movies. Not to mention when my dad caught on that I was scared of Chucky, he'd threaten to "let go" of a few old dolls my aunts and mother had if I misbehaved, and I spent a lot of time thinking the damned things would kill me.

Still suffering from pediophobia even now. Thanks dad.

Alien. I watched that film at like eight or nine years old and it was probably a mistake to watch it that young.

I know I'm probs gonna sound old but idc when I say:The original black n white Night of the Living Dead.

That film traumatized me for awhile lol.

When I was a smol bean, I used to take my weekly allowance down to the local movie rental place and get myself a variety of different horror/thriller movies. I don't remember a lot of what I watched. Mostly Stephen King movies and like... Critters. Things along that line, though I distinctly remember not being allowed to see Child's Play. It was so long ago that I don't remember my first one, but I do remember Cujo being the first one that made a big impression and actually scared me. I'd actually just been attacked by the neighbour's dog before seeing it, and I guess the combined experiences were traumatizing enough that I still have nightmares and a pretty decent fear of dogs to this day. Keeping in mind, this was around twenty years ago, too, lmao. I did eventually get over it, and now I'm a huge horror movie fan, even if I find the newer ones to be lame and predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back