Experiences What was your first ever rp with someone?

late 90s on a neopets forum. i had no idea roleplaying was a thing, but the very moment i saw it, it was like a golden radiance beamed out of the crt monitor.

I'm not sure what an RP without someone would be.

But yeah for me was my first RP ever, in a digimon RP forum where the whole site was basically one huge RP. The specific thread I started with had my character being territorial about a garbage-filled river and get invited by a friendly passerby to eat some decent food.

What was your first ever rp with someone?
Pretty bad at remembering this kind of stuff but one of the more 'memorable' ones was all the way back in 2016 in animal roleplay games while making OCs or using fandom characters like Eddsworld except turning them into cat. lol

Back of the elementary school bus -- one of my classmates played an auctioneer for sci-fi equipment and the rest of us pretended to bid on it.
It was basically screaming until we were all hoarse and one of us would get picked. We loved it.

The bus driver on the other hand likely got some grey hairs over it -- but when D&D 1st edition showed up on the scene we were all ready from playing "space auctions"

It was a completely original rp with my best friend (at the time) between both of the book series we were writing....it lasted a ridiculously long time

Hoyo!

In all honesty, I don't remember! 🤣

My first ever roleplay with someone was a childhood friend back in the mid 1990's. I think it was either something like DBZ or Legend of Zelda. But I'm not sure.

As for my first ever online roleplay, I DO remember that one. It was 2009 on Myspcae, of all places. My sister created a roleplay called "New Blood," and it was a pirate roleplay (since we were still in the height of the Pirates of the Caribbean craze with Johnny Depp). Since I suck at being a pirate I asked what other roles were available and she said basically anything that would fit a 1400's-1600's pirate atmosphere/setting like a thief, sailor, bounty hunter, assassin, politician, average civilian, etc. So, being the infinitely creative person I was back then I went for an ex-assassin turned bounty hunter. And the RP was surprisingly successful for quite a long time.

Cheers!

- GojiBean

As someone who grew up around the time internet was blooming into the mainstream, the transition from childhood make-believe imaginative play into online roleplaying was quite smooth for me. My first RP was probably with a friend, where we just crafted a bunch of OCs for gen RP. Fun times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back