Video Games What was the most disappointing game you ever played?

Little Dragons Cafe. The story was boring, repetitive, the dragon raising wasn't at all fun, the cooking minigame was painfully easy, the recipes were obnoxious, and it just... It wasn't fun, even though I finished it I wouldn't recommend

Pokemon: Shield.

Many of the fanbase had already accepted that it wasn't going to be great. Many of the Pokemon had already been cut while old features, including Mega Evolution and Z-Moves, had also been removed. Some of us were patient under the promise that it would have better animations, graphics, and story than past entries. I've played every generation, including the poorly received generation seven, so I decided that I would at least try. And, man, do I regret it. The entire region was small, the Wild Area is a laggy mess, and the DLC was lackluster (even if I do agree that it was generally a step in the right direction). The story was alright, but the animations still haven't improved.

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

The Call of Cthulhu video game. :'c Going from the table top RPG to that was... painful. But I'm super biased.

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

While I still liked this game, I was still disappointed since I was so hyped about it. Kingdom Hearts 3. Still fun to play but the story was poorly paced and still left me with several unanswered questions. and Kairi was just poorly written and it just kinda let me down a bit.I have other complaints but don’t feel like making this post an essay long. Game play was fun tho.

also disappointed in the one piece VR game I got. It was too short. But I didn’t pay that much for it so can’t complain to much about that one.

Fallout 76 lmao. Worst 200 dollar pre order i ever made the mistake of saving for. Literally the entire thing was a sham and I feel cheated waiting all this time for multiple lame releases.

Close second was Borderlands 3, which was an absolute vomit on the trilogy. Andromeda did more justice 🤦‍♀️ ESO is the most boring platform I may have ever entered, I never knew where to go, or what the point was, and even when I found out I was like “wow, how underwhelming, again”. Inventory sucks, and I’m not a fan of the whole “100 top legend players and then EVERYONE ELSE”

I think if I tried more perhaps I’d merge with these communities and manage. But I have found 2 dollar wii games at garage sales that lasted longer for me than these did haha. I’m playing through the entire Halo series with my husband and I’m super sad to say I haven’t been interested like, ever, at any point, no matter how many hours we put in ‘cause he’s so excited! It’s truly a game I would not voluntarily play, even remastered. However, as a gamer, I’d be a con not to give it my all, and I’m proud to say were half way through the games and I’ve only died 1000000 times.

Dragon Age 2 after playing Dragon Age Inquisition.

There is such a huge and active fandom for DA2 I thought "wow well I guess it will be older and clunkier than DAI but people like it a lot so ... "

But it was utter shite. I don't understand why anyone enjoyed it at all. :/ The only good things about it were that sexy pirate girl and Varrick.

EDIT: can't believe I forgot my best girl Merrill. If I had continued playing she would definitely have been my Hawke's love interest. She's just adorable.

Last edited:
In terms of paying for bad games, I only have 2

Megaman Battle Network 4

So the Megaman Battle Network (MMBN) series is for the Gameboy. You're megaman and you're using a battle system that consists of you using chips while maneuvering on a 3x3 grid. It tests your ability to both deck-build and maneuver on that field to outplay your opponent. It's excellent and it's my favorite series on the Gameboy

3 is the best imo. Specifically Blue version. Amazing game that I beat for the 5th time pretty recently. I started the series here because my Gamestop didn't have 1 or 2

My Gamestop didn't have 4 either, so I played 5 and then 6. All 3 (3,5,6) of those games were freaking fantastic and improved on the series immensely.

Finally, my Gamestop gets 4. the story isn't really all that important since it's essentially the same across all the games. It's all on the gameplay and the feelings. I cop 4 and then...........

..........I couldn't even finish it. It was HORRIBLE. First of all, they changed the squares to a bright red and blue. It used to be white or grey squares with easily identifiable borders on it. It let you see your area, which is important especially if you or the opponent uses area-stealing chips. While it DID let me see my area better, it was hard to look at. Early adolescent me got headaches from playing the games.

Then they slowed it down drastically. MMBN 3 was quick and responsive. This one was so much slower.
The chips were crap and somehow a downgrade even though quite a few were taken from 3. The enemies were bad with gimmicks that just felt plain unfair or cheap at times.........and while 3 had them, it also had the speedy gameplay and response speed that made them able to be beaten

Lastly, 4 was an infamous tournament arc. I hate tournament arcs in most anime and I was balls deep in Anime at the time. A tournament arc is usually pretty pointless

Looking online for reviews, I'm not the only one who hated this game. This game is considered the black sheep of the entire series. It's bad. 3 is amazing, 5 is amazing, 6 is an excellent conclusion. Skip 4

Pokemon Diamond

Now I put 300 hours into Pokemon Platinum on my DS. It was a giant mistake to then get Diamond. First of all, My really only criticism of Gen 4 is the speed. They did the physical/special split, which the single greatest thing Gamefreak ever did in Pokemon. The Pokemon are the best designed in the series, the legendaries are excellent, they added in 2 of the most adorable Eeveelutions, the lore was actually pretty deep, the Distortion World was cool in a way that I don't think any core Pokemon game had ever done and maybe haven't done since

The Elite 4 had Cynthia, who is the best Region champion of all time, seconded only by your rival in Gen 1. Her team is BRUTAL and Garchomp would wreck your life if you weren't prepared or had a stroke of luck. Plus she was hot. In the anime, she was amazing as well.

Platinum had a ton of endgame content to it and I set out to actually complete the Pokedex for the first time ever...........so I copped Diamond with the intent to cop Pearl after I beat it.

Again, my biggest criticism of Gen 4 is the speed. Even though Platinum did increase the speed, it's still too slow imo. If they kept the speed at Gen 3, it would be THE perfect generation of Pokemon. Now take Diamond.......... It's even SLOWER than Platinum and with no endgame content, irksome mechanics that were corrected in Platinum (like you can't ride your bike in gate houses, which you can do in every other Pokemon game), and lower levels, making what's generally an easy game even easier, and too slow text even at the highest speed, and slow battle animations

I saw the video where it takes 25 seconds to reduce a high level Blissey's HP down to 0. Imagine if Blissey gets hit with a full restore. That's a good minute you're spending just WAITING for Blissey's HP to hit 0.........or restore in full if you don't manage to kill and it restores its HP

After I beat this game, I took it out and went back to Platinum, never to touch that game again.

Battlefield 5

4 was the pinnacle imo (post fix). 1 was also freaking fantastic. Just that feeling of being 1 soldier on the frontlines of a massive war always gave me that amazing immersed feeling. I put a TON of time into both BF4 and BF1. In fact, if Game Pass brought BF4 back to life, I will get back into it.

In comes 5. I couldn't even finish the 1 game I played, it was so boring. Controversy aside, there was no atmosphere, that music when you first spawn didn't establish any sense of scale, the TTK was way off, the guns didn't feel satisfying to use, too many irksome mechanics like what they did to the Medic

When I look at the controversy, it makes me glad I didn't pay a cent for that game because I haven't touched it since

I was so disappointed with Final Fantasy 13. Like, if it wasn't a Final Fantasy game, I'm sure it would have done a decent job getting some kind of profit and good reviews. The music is good, the general aesthetic I like, same with some designs of the characters. But it was just disappointing. Ever since 10, things started sliding downhill. Recently, with 15, things have been alright. But, it's a new generation, right? Even if I found it disappointing, I'm just happy more people found out about the series.

Final Fantasy X-2. I don't know why they even went there. X was great where they left it then here comes the once soft spoken Yuna with her guns, short shorts, and her powerpuff pals. The opening scene was so bad I shut the whole thing off.

The Last Remnant. Lack of a proper makes sense story and it didn't help that the main character was an idiot.

The Witcher 2 and 3. Some will probably consider that heresy to say. I actually really liked the tv show. But with the games I was comparing them a lot to the dragon age games which I loved. I much prefer the customisation in them and the overall storyline. I just couldn't get into either of the witcher games.

Hyper space for me it’s this free to play Battle Royale and it looks so cool but it really bad in my opinion the gun were horrible to control it took me 20mins to find a match and the guns did so little damage it was really disappointing it feels like they focused more on looks then gameplay

For me, it was Devil May Cry 5. I had such high hopes for it, considering the quality of DMC3 and that the characters from there would be making a comeback... But then they changed those characters so much, to something of such inferior quality. Sigh. What a let down.

Hmmmmmm the most disappointing...............
I would have to say Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location for the Playstation 4 because of the most horrible game controls I've ever experienced. Good game, but............very disappointed with it. Only game I regret buying.

Dragon Age Inquisition.

I'd really liked DA:O and DA 2 but Inquisition was really underwhelming. To be fair I ended up getting the 360 version since I hadn't upgraded yet and that was a total scam. It did not run properly on the older generation and I ended up missing out on whole dialogue options, relationships and even music cues would completely cut out leaving me running around a silent area. Maybe if I'd played it on the xbox 1 or ps4 I might have liked it, but it just ruined my experience that I ended up playing a broken game. They shouldn't have released it on the 360 at all.

The recent game I was disappointed so far was Cyberpunk 2077. The game is very beautiful and the sound designs and the look of it was very detailed, even the story was good. But the bugs and the lack of updates so far just make it very disappointing that they have a lot of work on their hands for the entire year.

Oop, Indivisible 😶 I didn't finish the final boss. I didn't hate it because I was game-deprived, but the combat definitely overstayed its welcome, and I definitely shouldn't have gotten it on Switch.

Haha, mine's an embarrassing one but when I first got a GBA and I was given the opportunity to choose my first Pokemon game, I somehow ended up picking Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire and was totally flummoxed by it not being the genre I expected it to be at all... It was a decent pinball game though?

Hmh... Right now i'd probably say Agony (oh the irony). The game sounded awesome in the trailers, I love the dark, gorey hellish theme they have going on, but holy guacamole that game was-... It felt like I was playing an alpha, maybe beta release, but definitely not a full game.

Other than that... Kingdoms of Amalur Re-reckoning?
Don't get me wrong, I actually love the game and I'm just waiting for a patch to fix all those major bugs, but that's the point:
The game itself is great. Graphically not stunning, I'd say Skyrim-level, but the combat is quite diverse and swift (at least wielding a scepter and Chakrams), but it is an enormous disappointment when the main quest row of a great game is so broken and riddled with bugs it basically becomes unplayable.
I really hope they'll fix it soon...

Red Dead Redemption 1-

I'm probably going to get a ton of backlash for this, but I have to say Red Dead Redemption 1. I got the first Red Dead Redemption because I liked the style and the storytelling of Red Dead Redemption 2.

The gameplay of Red Dead Redemption lacked some features of the second one, which had things like fishing and a bigger map. I couldn't find John Marston's health bar for the life of me, and going into dead eye was more complicated than in Red Dead Redemption 2.

Fallout 3-

My biggest thing with Fallout 3 was that gameplay didn't continue after you beat the story. It just ended, and had I known it was going to do that, I probably wouldn't have beaten the game, as I like to enjoy my video games for as long as I can. Not to mention, as someone who was introduced to the Fallout series with Fallout 4, the controls were different, and that frustrated me greatly.

Fallout 76-

My issue with this game is that there is not a plot to follow. I like games that have a actual storyline to follow, and don't require paying for Playstation Plus or Xbox Live memberships.

Anthem by Bioware. 👏

How are they going to only release such a SMALL campaign and literally no goal or improvement after?

Absolute garbage, I tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back