Video Games What was the most disappointing game you ever played?

DrunkenSailor

In my medical opinion that is a GREAT RESPONSE.
The most disappointing game I ever played was Rainbow Six Siege, I was really hyped for it, and I was met with a fairly mediocre ( In my opinion ) class-based shooter. The weapons were boring and uninteresting to look at, unless I wanted to spend all my money on a literal mini-figure packet with some green paint inside. I genuinely was more interested in revisiting Plants VS Zombies after playing about 5 rounds of Siege.

I downloaded a rougelike tactics game called Plague Road from the Nintendo E-store on my switch. I was really hyped because it was a fifteen dollar game on sale for like fifty cents, and with my Nintendo points I basically got it for free.

It was alright for what I payed for it. . . i.e. nothing. Definitely not worth fifteen dollars though. The combat was sloggy with no real reward for fighting (only herbs used to unlock nee area or brew potions, and you were quickly drowning in herbs). Progression was near-impossible without a healer, or incredibly easy with one. The artwork was cool, but made it difficult to see during combat.

Edit: Alternatively you can count Fire Emblem: Birthright, which wouldn't let me play without an SD card, and then wouldn't recognize my SD card, so I never got to start it.

Last edited:
Animal Crossing. I had high hopes when I started playing it because all my friends were super happy with it and I trusted their opinion. I really tried hard to enjoy it. In the end, I was disappointed. The customization is so tedious that it takes away all the fun from the game, some interface design decisions are really questionable. I don't know how a game can be so fun in concept but so uncomfortable to play.

Animal Crossing. I had high hopes when I started playing it because all my friends were super happy with it and I trusted their opinion. I really tried hard to enjoy it. In the end, I was disappointed. The customization is so tedious that it takes away all the fun from the game, some interface design decisions are really questionable. I don't know how a game can be so fun in concept but so uncomfortable to play.
I may disagree with it, but I perfectly understand why you couldn't find it fun.

As for me a game that's a disappointment for me was Bioshock 2 as the initial story that the devs presented during the first few interviews was a lot more interesting than what we got in the final product.

JUMP Force. From a crappy story, unbalanced and highly repetitive gameplay, odd realistic 3D artstyle, funky dialogue, spammy multiplayer, and massive difficulty spikes, Jump Force is a game I highly regret ever picking up. Its sad, because the roster is absolutely amazing (and arguably worse than J Stars) and the concept is cool on paper. However, they just had to give it to Spike Chunsoft, who's reliability on making video games is equal to a potato. Its annoying because most of us know that the hands of someone else, it could have been the greatest anime game the anime community has seen in a while. Sadly, that didn't happen.​

Mass Effect Andromeda, probably. I was beyond hyped for it, and I spent the week it came out binge playing it. It was only after I beat it that I realized how...hollow it was. How the story was derrivative, how the acting, writing, and characters were all beyond bland. How the excellent combat could be won with no issue via combos. I can't bring myself to beat it nowadays.

The first that comes to mind and I was hyped for turned out to be a dlc. But it was released like a actual game and not a add on like dlc’s have since been done. So maybe it still counts? Anyways....

Dragon Age Origins: Awakening; I was pretty hyped for it because I absolutely loved DAO, loved the idea of continuing the story with my warden or getting a chance to play a orlesian warden in their place. However, hype and ideas of how the game will be usually never become reality. The gameplay was buggy, story was too short and could easily end up missing out on completing important quests and companion quests that make a difference in outcomes without even trying to miss them. Because of one wrong step that could lead you down the path facing the final bosses, so to speak and doing your end game/warden thing. All of which also brought with it (in my experience) more bugs to deal with that could make it difficult and sometimes impossible to complete the game. Also many cutscenes and minor missions easily get missed because of bugs and glitches, quite irritating which in some cases also plays into issues mentioned above and why they don’t always trigger certain other quests besides the aforementioned.

The orlesian warden idea sounded better in my head and more interesting then it actually was, while also it turned out to be a minor drawback in some ways just in character building alone. Much less the expected politics and difficulties of being a orlesian in that setting would bring on its own.

~~~
A few minor games I didn’t know about but got excited for because of similarities or expected similarities to the DA series. But I won’t mention them, can’t recall all the names and they just aren’t worth even mentioning. NBA 2k at times and with different years of it, same can be said for other sports based games and wrestling games. Elder scrolls online was a let down for me as well, loved Skyrim but couldn’t get into ES Online and ended up feeling like I wasted 60 bucks and the time spent in the early stages of it, before reaching the conclusion this game wasn’t for me and didn’t meet expectations.

For me it had to be Minecraft (ok don't come at me y'all)

Personally, I absolutely LOVE minecraft and the creative community it has, but personally, it was kind of boring for me. I got it for my birthday a year ago and haven't played in months, it just became boring for me. I didn't really get all the hype of games like bedwars or skywars, even the youtubers who played it made me think it was just an overreaction.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Minecraft and think it's nice, but it's not really something I'd see myself play everyday tbh

The most disappointing game I ever played was Rainbow Six Siege, I was really hyped for it, and I was met with a fairly mediocre ( In my opinion ) class-based shooter. The weapons were boring and uninteresting to look at, unless I wanted to spend all my money on a literal mini-figure packet with some green paint inside. I genuinely was more interested in revisiting Plants VS Zombies after playing about 5 rounds of Siege.

The appeal of siege has never been the cosmetics. In fact its more or less a meme in the community that almost all of them are collectively shit. The real fun comes from the competitive nature of the game and unpacking the layers upon layers of game knowledge, tactics, and manipulation of the destroy-able environment to give you the greatest advantage in any situation. It has the steepest learning curve of any competitive shooter out right now with its only direct competition being CS, and the fun of getting past that learning curve is something you simply can't discover in 5 rounds, 5 games, or even 5 hours of playing the game.

KOTOR 2. This first game was one of my favorites, probably the first game I played for story and started a long love affair with bioware RPGS

The second just phoned it in. It's the "Has potential but does not apply self" of games. There were so many things that seemed cool but just fell flat, and then ending was a joke.

Yes, I realize that they had the release date unexpectedly moved up, yes I realize that was super unfair to the developers...doesn't change the fact that this game was trash.

The Naruto Storm Series. I was hoping it wouldn't have much difficulty, and that it'd be really fun, however I couldn't even get past the first mission on the first hecking game, and I had already bought the whole series in a non-refundable manner.

The new Vocaloid Megamix game for the switch that is honestly really hard to play with the OG switch controllers because it becomes super uncomfortable to hold after a while, and a lot of the best songs IMO weren't on the list. I'm so glad I played the demo before buying the game, would've been a waste of 60 bucks

Call of Cthulhu for ps4. I am a huge Lovecraftian fan, and you literally get 1-2 seconds of Cthulhu *if* you get the correct ending of the game when you choose to proceed with the ritual. Also, it needed a bit more gameplay.

Mine has to be fallout 76 was super hyped when I heard about it being online but then found out that fallout sucks when there’s real world people. Also the story was complicated to follow in my opinion.

5d05704f4026e6277d7ab4ea8bb53d66.jpg

For me, it was Skyrim
The game just could not keep my interest, and was a lot more boring than I thought it would be

The Isle

I was so excited to live my dream and become a dinosaur.
Found a game full of toxic people and boring gameplay. u_u

Final Fantasy X-2 for the PS2. Bought it the day it came out. Played it for an hour at most before I decided that I couldn't do it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back