Advice/Help What things should be included in a(n) role-play request thread?

Zyrelle

𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭?
Pretty much what the title says!

small section about you / what you can offer as a partner

any rules you have / what you expect out of a partner including what you want out of the roleplay-- long or short term? any specific para-length criteria? any triggers? any ship preferences (m//, f//, m/f)? etc etc.

any specific plots, pairings or genres you're interested in.

basically like building a cover letter/resume but instead of job skills you're talking about your writing lol. just poke through other people's search threads til you get the idea, that always helped me.

i'm making a second comment here because I saw your search thread and wanted to lend you a small bit of advice--

it might be good to steer clear of colored fonts in the future. some people could be colorblind or just not read bright text very well, and since there's two different themes you can use on the site, some colors might not show up as well on both themes... could turn people away for various reasons. just something to consider! anyway, best of luck! ❤

Last edited:
Here are my tips on a search thread that will look good and please your love for "aesthetics":
1. Introduction - write about yourself, what tense and person you reply in (ex: third person, past tense), what your schedule looks like (ex: "I usually reply twice a week"), where you like to roleplay (in threads or PMs, or somewhere else entirely) and whether or not you like to be communicative in OOC chat.
2. State your rules and preferences - from "no godmodding" to "only m/f pairings", this area has to represent your tastes and wishes as detailed as possible so that you may find a suitable partner who will respect them. Try to be concise, because the more words you add, the less likely someone is to read them all. Write the main ideas in bold and detail them afterwards.
3. Write your plots, pairings and concepts - an example would be "pirate" or "medieval romance".
4. Decorate your thread lightly. BB code might not be viewable on mobile and colored fonts are hard to read on different backgrounds (light/dark theme). I recommend sticking to the default color, but do play with fonts if you'd like, and make good use of bold and italics. Another tip I have here is to use gifts - I add a gif after each plot to lure and inspire the reader, kind of like a mini trailer to my story. It should be something simple, such as a raven setting off in flight, horses riding in the fog, etc. So long as it fits either the color scheme of your thread or the mood of your plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back