• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern What Remains

taliaangeni

It is what it is.
Roleplay Type(s)
What Remains

The year 2020 presented the world with a list of unknowns. At first, food was being recalled due to contamination; Mainly salmonella and listeria. The world began to get sick. The leaders of the world thought they had it under control. Laws were constructed to slow the virus. We were to wear masks inside public places; isolating oneself if a fever was present; staying home. Even after implementing new laws in order to protect the people, they failed. The virus spread causing mass casualties.

After sometime it finally happened: The end of the world; the last item on the list. The dead were reanimating and attacking. Doctors and scientists were stumped. They locked themselves away to find a cause and hopefully a cure for both the virus and the reanimated bodies. They were linked somehow and only time would tell us the answers.

Hello! I've been on a hiatus but I'm back and craving the RP. The idea here is to have a zombie RP but with characters that aren't usually in them. No military, doctors or scientist (at least in the beginning. Maybe for side characters). I've accumulated a list of roles I think would be interesting to see played out. I am open to others but I will be picky.

Before we get to the roles I do have some rules. We will be following RPN rules. The roleplay will have mature themes. If you aren't comfortable with that, don't join. There will be a discord, you will need it. No one liners; there is a paragraph minimum.

Roles:
Youtuber: Someone who has a Youtube channel. Whether they're just starting out or have a massive fan base. This person will want to catch all the deets for their followers - they can always upload when the internet comes back.

Girly Girl: Hates the outdoors, bugs, dirt. Fashion sense rivals the rest of the group. Most likely loves pink.

Druggie: This person has an addiction. They probably think they're coming down from a high and the chaos of the world is the result of the illusions. [Mine]

Political: Don't have a good name for this role. This person believes the president will take care of us.

Karen: Karen will get on your ass if you're not following the rules. Whoever the leader ends up being she will definitely want to speak to them about your behavior.

Hillbilly: Loves guns and moonshine. Might be too drunk in order to use the gun.

Within these roles, our characters will have to grow in this new world to be what we need. Will you join the fight?

I’m interested. I’d probably go for the YouTuber if possible.

I'm interested as well. I was thinking of playing as a Lumberjack/Carpenter that's been living in isolation before the apocalypse happened, so I was curious if that would fall under the Hillbilly role or not.

Hello I hope I am not too late! I do always enjoy a group zombie plot. It seems all the roles that interest me have been claimed but may I offer up an idea for another? Perhaps an off the grid hunter? Not a survivalist by any means but a hunter no less. Essentially an awkward, antisocial mountain man. If that does not seem like a good fit I am open to opinions on another character idea!

There's plenty of room to wiggle. I'm not someone who will boot you if you don't fit what I have planned.

As for other roles, yes please. I'd love to see what everyone comes up with. The listed roles where just what came to mind.

Also I'm at work so I'll be in and out for a bit.

I already have the an idea for the youtuber she’s gonna be pretty famous as a gamer YouTuber who also cosplays. So it’ll be fun if she tries recording a lot of what’s happening for her viewers and just because it’s pretty cool(while also terrible).

wolf1_original.png

aaf9b32d534d41b13d6e4a43a9c386b3.jpg

Jessica-Nigri-Viking-Cosplay.jpg

Last edited:
There's plenty of room to wiggle. I'm not someone who will boot you if you don't fit what I have planned.

As for other roles, yes please. I'd love to see what everyone comes up with. The listed roles where just what came to mind.

Also I'm at work so I'll be in and out for a bit.
Thank you for squeezing me in! I think I really like the sound of a very large burly mountain man that is very shy and been on his own for god knows how long. Meeting people will be a real challenge for him.

Could I suggest a disabled person? I have an idea for someone who relies on mobility aids like crutches/wheelchairs and might require medications to manage pain or physical symptoms. Current idea is for a teen with spina bifida who can get around with crutches but needs a wheelchair for long distances. They're getting good at balancing on one crutch and braining a zombie with the other. Also wheel go fast zoom. Physically disabled people rarely get a place in the survival genre, esp not zombie survival. Anyways I'm interested uwu

Since I love anything zombie-related, I'd love to be a part of this! If you've got room, I mean. I bet I could fit aspects of the political guy role into my character idea if I try.

TheMuseIsIn TheMuseIsIn
I...love that idea! Totally yes.

There is room. If you guys want to start character sheets just follow the usual forms out there. I'll have an official form up sometime tomorrow.

Would a guy just trying to enjoy societal collapse fly with you? Like, some dead-end job office worker doing what they've always wanted to do and trying to have fun before the government rolls back in and fixes everything. At least, that's what they'd think would happen.

Seems you're looking for characters who'll be running from the zombies instead of mowing them down like action heroes. I like that. Is the hillbilly taken?

Hillbillies aren't always drunk and found with drink and guns. I was going more southern than a hillbilie, but It will do.

Name: Samantha "Sammy" Williams​

Alexandra-Stoffel.jpg
Pronouns: She/her
Archetype: disabled teen
Disability: Spina Bifida
Requirements: Crutches or Wheelchair
Abilities:
Crutch smashing, fast wheelchair zoom
Backstory: Sammy grew up with only her dad, her mom died soon after she was born. Her dad was always working, always busy, but he tried to make time for her. Sammy was interested in sports growing up and learned basketball from her wheelchair. She began using crutches at 8 in an attempt to have greater mobility and although she will never walk without them due to the bilateral paralysis from knees down due to her spina bifida of her L4 spinal cord segment. She got good at crutch soccer at 14, and that's where she learned how to balance on one crutch and to swing her body with her hips. Things were ok for Sammy until the zombies. Her dad lasted a bit before he was bitten and now Sammy's on her own with just her chair and her sports crutches. Luckily she seems to have fallen into a group with some people, even if those people might not be the typical zombie survivors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back