• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern What Remains (a slice of life zombie RP) IC

I
Created at
Index progress
Complete

index

Caffeine Freak

Two Thousand Club
thediner_1000.jpg

Civilization is gone, consumed by ravaging creatures born from a disease that strips the life of those it touches. These creatures, mere husks of the people they once were, now shamble aimlessly across the barren surface of the planet, searching tirelessly for living flesh to feast upon. Urban centers are overrun with them, and many former cities lie in ruin from bombings or other ultimately vain methods of halting the zombie threat.

Very few pockets of humanity even remain on Earth, and as more and more settlements collapse from famine, in-fighting, and starving hordes of the undead - humanity is slowly but surely approaching extinction.

The largest human settlement that remains on Earth is the village of Plymon, with a population just under six hundred people. The geographical location of Plymon has played a key role in its sustainability during the apocalypse, since the vast forest and mountains that surround the village are a natural labyrinth to those unfamiliar with the area. The abundance of livestock and nearby rivers have also been extraordinarily convenient.

Despite Plymon's strong natural borders and the best efforts of its residents, small groups of undead still manage to stumble across the village. What's worse, is that some of these undead in the later stages of decay can 'mummify' and lie dormant in bogs or at the bottom of lakes until an unfortunate wanderer gets too close.

Plymon is sparsely populated, but has put together its own small unit of 'zombie hunters', or more officially, the Outbreak Response Team (ORT) - made up of able bodied men and women who respond to radio calls by residents whenever an undead presence threatens the settlement. Very few residents volunteer for the ORT, and fewer still are cut out for the job.

Weaponry among Plymon residents primarily consists of improvised melee weapons, though most residents aren't capable fighters. Members of the ORT are equipped with various firearms that have been repossessed from farmers and ex law enforcement, but ammo is extremely scarce, and gunshots are known to draw in the undead from miles away.

This RP follows the lives and drama of the members of the ORT, and the pressure of dealing with a panicked, lawless population that has little faith in them. The majority of ORT members, while in good shape, are simply villagers who have volunteered for their own reasons - and thus typically have minimal combat experience. Meticulously sweeping landscapes and dragging rivers for signs of the zombie presence is a mentally and physically taxing task to do on a regular basis, and naturally this creates quite a bit of friction between team members with eachother and with the village populace, which is an opportunity to explore the necessity to suppress personal feelings for the good of the mission. Some of the residents have not coped well with the apocalypse at all, and another challenge the ORT has to overcome is the irrational behavior of the people they're supposed to protect. Combat is a minuscule aspect of this RP, as the focus is heavily on the extent of human relations under intense circumstances.

Please comment what you think! I look forward to playing with you all.

I'm certainly interested in this. Sounds like lots of juicy roleplay

Same here! If you've got the room, I'd love to smash some Zeds you lot!

Edit: Bloody sniper, Lord Bradorian Lord Bradorian I thought we were over this when they added the live updates, but no. Here we are again! My day is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable!
Love you < 3

Interested! I have a few questions, though:
  • Any post requirements? Length, frequency, etc.?
  • Opinions on NPCs alongside main characters?
  • Will there be a Discord for in-depth OOC chatting or will this stick to the forums?

Interested! I have a few questions, though:
  • Any post requirements? Length, frequency, etc.?
  • Opinions on NPCs alongside main characters?
  • Will there be a Discord for in-depth OOC chatting or will this stick to the forums?

I'm really not too worried about post length and frequency as long as nobody is going back and forth with one liners. I'd aim for at least a paragraph. It should be noted that characters who constantly make rash decisions can die in-RP, but this is mainly to discourage god-modding.

As GM, I'll manage most of the NPC-Player dialogue. However, non-essential (or rather, 'unnamed') NPCs like pedestrians can be controlled by any player if they wish.

At this stage there is no discord. If this RP somehow takes off and starts amassing more players, I'll consider it, but right now all OOC chat is in the forum.

I'm really not too worried about post length and frequency as long as nobody is going back and forth with one liners. I'd aim for at least a paragraph. It should be noted that characters who constantly make rash decisions can die in-RP, but this is mainly to discourage god-modding.

As GM, I'll manage most of the NPC-Player dialogue. However, non-essential (or rather, 'unnamed') NPCs like pedestrians can be controlled by any player if they wish.

At this stage there is no discord. If this RP somehow takes off and starts amassing more players, I'll consider it, but right now all OOC chat is in the forum.
Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar TexasKingPin TexasKingPin Hey if you guys found the CS and still wanna join we gonna start in a little bit I believe. GM said you can always join later, though
Oh, you've already started?

It's a shame, but I don't think this roleplay is really for me. I'm sorry about this... but I hope you guys have fun with this one! I'll continue to watch and spectate because that's what I like to do even when I'm not a part of things. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back