Advice/Help What is the omegaverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deredere

He/they. I can tell you your aesthetic
I sorta know what it is, but I still have questions
Is it true that there are three types of people, alphas, betas, and omegas? Are omegas the only ones allowed to be pregnant?
If a male is pregnant, where does the baby exit ?
Do women exist and can they impregnate men?
How does a society work with such different and dynamic power

As I understand it the idea is based on a debunked theory about wolf packs where there are alphas (hyper masculine) , betas (peace keepers), and omegas (submissive feminine).

They seem to subscribe to secondary gender theories. So you have your binary genders (male and female) and your secondary genders (alpha/omega/beta) that manifest at puberty.

These secondary genders are used to determine someone’s place in society. So alphas are basically analogues for men. Omegas are analogue for women. Betas are more a third option that exist as sort of diplomats.

There is a biological component. Omegas go into heat which makes them vulnerable to being attacked by Alphas. There is a lot of stories around Omegas being scared of Alphas until they meet “the one”.

The heat gives off pheromones that means they are ready to bread and be mated. Some stories say they have specific glands which produce the pheromones.

The alphas have a similar equivalent called a rut. This seems to be mostly triggered by omegas in heat. It triggers protective/possessive behavior of the omega in heat. Alphas produced a knot that allows them to breed the omega and helps in claiming.

The omegas have wombs the same as women so they have children the same as a woman.

How breeding works is through combination of primary and secondary genders.

An alpha male and alpha female can have a child although it’s rare. As they would be seen as a homosexual pairing which is not always tolerated in the verses.

An omega male could theoretically have a child with an omega female. But it’s rare again for the same reason.

Betas seem to be able to breed with anyone. So a male beta can breed with a male omega, female omega, female beta, and female alpha. Theoretically they can possible breed with alpha males.

I heard these types of stories were inclusive to all genders and made me a little happier. Just wanted to know more.

Oh! Why does this genre exist? I don't know, maybe female writers wanted men to taste their medicine and experience pain or it was gay stuff and wanted it to feel hetero-normative.

Does it mean Gay men, bi people, and lesbians can have babies?

They don’t define sexuality based on primary gender. So it doesn’t matter if you are a male/female. It matters what your secondary gender is.

Gay men in this universe would be two alpha males or an alpha male and an alpha female. The first pair could not have children, the second pair might be able to eventually.

Bisexual men would be alphas that sleep with other alphas, betas, or omegas (or possible just alphas that sleep with alphas and omegas, so see above post)

Lesbians would be two omegas getting together. And yes two omega men could have children. An omega male and an omega female could have children. Two omega women could not.

So the interesting thing about this universe is how it uses secondary genders to call out gendered in-equality. Because it isn’t a man vs. woman issue. It’s an alpha vs. omega vs. beta issue.

Oh! Why does this genre exist? I don't know, maybe female writers wanted men to taste their medicine and experience pain or it was gay stuff and wanted it to feel hetero-normative.

I said it above. I think it’s designed to highlight gendered based inequality and danger in such a way as to make it universal. In these universes being a man alone doesn’t make you privileged.

Being an alpha makes you privelaged and you can be either a male or female alpha.

I also took it as a way to point out the idiocy of the excuse that men can’t help themselves when it comes to sexual violence. As alphas literally lose their minds when presented with omegas in heat. The same way men like to claim that any kind of sexual violence they produce is because a woman was asking for it.

So each combination of primary and secondary genders creates different umm..gentailia? Alpha males are the only ones that can get pregnant. Alpha female primary impregnate, but can carry. Beta men and female can both impregnate and get pregnant. Omega men primary get pregnant, but can impregnate others, and Omegas female are the only ones that can't impregnate?

So alpha males can only impregnate. They don’t have a womb.

Alpha females have a womb but no sperm so they can’t impregnate anyone.

Omega males have sperm and a womb so they can impregnate and get pregnant.

Beta males might have a womb depending on the story. So they can impregnate and maybe get pregnant.

Beta females have a womb but no sperm so they can’t impregnate but they can get pregnant

Omega females have a womb but no sperm. So they can only get pregnant.

Think of it like this. You know how people say there is a difference between sex and gender? Your sex is your reproductive system and your gender is your role in society. (This is a gross simplification and does not reflect real life just the mythos of the omega verse)

So in omegaverse has three sexes (types of reproductive systems).
Sperm producing reproductive system
Womb bearing reproductive system
Womb and Sperm reproductive system.

Then you have three genders. Alpha (men), omega (women), and beta (neutral).

For the most part your gender and your reproductive system are two different things.

Females have no sperm? What a bummer. Thank you anyways. I'm not for sure if I might find someone into the omegaverse, but I'm a little more excited to hop on.

Females have no sperm? What a bummer. Thank you anyways. I'm not for sure if I might find someone into the omegaverse, but I'm a little more excited to hop on.

Sperm is what men produce in order to impregnate women. The sperm fertilized the woman’s egg which is what produces the fetus.

If women could produce it for themselves men as a sex would be obsolete. As female is the default sex. So men would be kind of out of luck if they didn’t produce sperm. ;)

Okay, so you're saying women would be op if we had sperm and wombs. But men in this universe have wombs and sperm. huh.

Please keep in mind, that omegaverse is not allowed on RpNation as it falls under 'no erotic content' rule, given that it often implies sexual kinks and fetishes.

Mentions of kinks, fetishes, or sexual terms are subject to be removed and at risk of also receiving warnings.

Since the question was answered, the thread will be closed for further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back