Science What is equivilent to 1HP of damage in real life?

Hm... a paper cut perhaps on the back of your hand? Enough to make you go "ow", but thats mostly because of habit than actual pain. Stubbing your toe on a coffee table would definitely be maybe -10 hp because, at least to me, its enough to make me gasp in pain, hold my foot, and maybe even sit down and nurse my poor pinkie toe.

I have made my research, i have even experimented upon myself and i, The great banana king, have come to a conclusion that the loss of one Hit Point in-game is equivalent to:

Stepping on a Lego brick....

I have made my research, i have even experimented upon myself and i, The great banana king, have come to a conclusion that the loss of one Hit Point in-game is equivalent to:

Stepping on a Lego brick....
Again, your estimates seem to have been skewed.
At least a third of your health, plus stun damage, with possible saves including socks and shoes.

Too many people here seem to confuse a simple pain threshold versus actual physical damage that can affect you physically as far as walking or in this case enduring combat.

Too many people here seem to confuse a simple pain threshold versus actual physical damage that can affect you physically as far as walking or in this case enduring combat.

i think a paper cut is pretty accurate of 1 HP. I mean its not really any damage, but get some lemon juice in there.

Popping a pimple

Putting germ x on when you unknowingly have a hangnail

Eating anchovies on your pizza

Thinking about your ex

Having your ex think about you

Getting no likes on your post

It's an interesting question because what exactly 1 HP quantifies is something that differs a lot between systems and games. In some games, 1 HP is all you get, so taking 1 HP of damage will be fatal. In other games, your HP will be 5 or 6 digits and you won't even notice taking 1 HP of damage as a result.

The closest thing I can come up to is coming down with what most people would consider a minor illness. If your immune system is weak for whatever reason, even getting something like a simple cold could be potentially deadly. But a lot of other people would shrug off something like that as a minor inconvenience, and still others wouldn't let it faze them at all.

It's an interesting question because what exactly 1 HP quantifies is something that differs a lot between systems and games. In some games, 1 HP is all you get, so taking 1 HP of damage will be fatal. In other games, your HP will be 5 or 6 digits and you won't even notice taking 1 HP of damage as a result.

The closest thing I can come up to is coming down with what most people would consider a minor illness. If your immune system is weak for whatever reason, even getting something like a simple cold could be potentially deadly. But a lot of other people would shrug off something like that as a minor inconvenience, and still others wouldn't let it faze them at all.
Probably the most logical answer in this thread.

Hmmm… Of course the answer varies from person to person, given how their system is, so that means everyone would have a different answer of what taking 1HP's worth of damage is so… Let me do this from the viewpoint of someone who has the "Atopic", which I am and so in my experience makes my skin extremely sensitive as to where a paper cut would feel more like -5HP or maybe more. So, onward to my unlearned but somehow logical view!

Atopic Trait: Damage taken always feels worse than it would be for anyone without this trait. Might improve pain threshold over time.
I'm also gonna weigh in on things I saw listed by others, no offence meant, just a different viewpoint.
So okay let's list things, colds and illnesses feel more like they'd have a "Damage Over Time" effect or just a "Weakness" effect so for the most part I'm gonna rule those out as I'm not very knowledgeable in illnesses as it is, and "D.O.T." deals more than 1HP due to it's lasting effect.
Weighing in on a Splinter, I'd say it actually does no damage as no blood is drawn whenever I get a splinter, but it puts on a "Distracted" effect until one removes it so your Mind is slightly distracted but no honest damage has been dealt.
Stubbing one's toe, that definitely feels like more than -1HP to me, but then again, when I stub my toes, it's either metal or wood, and I never have shoes equipped when it happens.
Hmmm… But what does feel like -1HP to a person with the "Atopic" trait… I'd say getting bit by a tick but that has a "Drain" effect to it so more than one over time…… Hmmmm, I shoulda thought on this part more. AHA!!! Getting scratched by a dog's or cat's claws that was not intent on hurting you. It can feel irritated for a bit, but honestly has only drawn a tiny bit of blood and hurt for a few seconds.
That's my opinion though -Shrug-

The feeling when you're about to sneeze... but you don't and now you're sat there with a blocked nose. :-_-lines:

How much HP does an average human have in this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back