• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic What happened to System 18?-ACCEPTING-

Characters
Here

H3LLJUMPER_177

Feet First into hell
50 years pass by without a word from System 018. Until 2606, a deep range transmission came in from the system when one of the new satellites built was activated. It picked up an automated distress signal. An old one that would usually be used in the event of an enemy attack. No transmissions were picked up when the scouting parties were in the system.. Now a team is being assembled to be sent out to find out why its been activated, and who did it. Sadly there aren't many willing participants, the mission is allowing drop ins, though it will be rare.. Captain Rose Ackerson sat at her desk on the scout ship 'Last Chance', reading up on files of the three people who are coming on the mission.. "God only three? Guess the stories scared the kids that are now the soldiers of the UCE.. Pansies. It's only a silent system with probably dead people everywhere and aliens waiting to kill more people that go there but hey that's just me.." she said to herself quietly as she read the peoples files... There was a pilot, soldier and.. A cyborg?..Android? All she knows is the thing comes from mars which is good enough.. "This soldier guy has a bigger file than anyone else.. Oph, nothing good.. I'll need to keep an eye on this one." she said to herself as she set it aside. She also read some files on people who seemed interested but were on other missions, they might show up later but no promises.. "Alrighty, that otta do it." she said joyfully, her mindset still that of a mixed 15 and 17 year old person. "Hanno, Envar..Enver? Blue guy! And Trident, to my office please!" she said through the intercom of the ship, it was docked with a major ship, the HMS New England. The call would go through the whole ship, even the scout one. She leaned back in her chair as it spun around, she let out a childish cackle as she waited for her team to arrive. Trident was first, mainly because she used her cyborg abilities to zoom from the deck of the New England to the scout ship, Rose's terminal beeped, alerting her someone was at the airlock, she looked at it and smiled, "Of course the bots here first." she said to herself and let the thing in, it quickly made its way to Rose's office, "Trident reporting for duty." it said, "Right.. Do i need to do a setup or something?" she asked it.

The cyborgs eyes glowed and a hologram appeared in front of the captain, a warranty, stating that all damages could happen to the bot is coming out of her paycheck and if destroyed she'd face a hefty fine. "Christ, why did i sign off on you.. I accept the warranty you glorified doll." she stated, the cyborgs eyes closed for a moment then opened again, "Please designate the units basic information." it stated. "I assume you mean name, gender and age, along with personality.." Rose sort of asked, getting a nod from the bot, "Right.. Well keep your unit name, to avoid any confusion you're, a girl... And i suppose.. Age isn't much of a decision, so just pick an adult age, don't care what number. " she stated, the cyborg beeped -the noise coming from probably her rifle- before it stared at the captain, "Personality setup missing.", "Yeah yeah I know, I'm thinking dammit." the captain replied as she spun in her chair.. "... Might I suggest the hidden Human personality?" Trident said, making the captain stop mid spin and stare at her, "..Uh... Sure." she said and continued slowly spinning. Trident shut down for a moment before turning back on, looking around and examining herself, "..Greetings captain." she said, Rose remained silent as it was sort of awkward to greet after such an interaction. "Trident you're free to roam my shit, just don't break anything." she said, the cyborg girl nodded, "Alright, but I'd prefer to wait here." she said, not moving at all. The captain looked at her, "...At least sit down instead of being creepy." she said blankly, the cyborg was flustered and frantically looked for a seat before just sitting on the floor, "...Do you not know what a chair is?" rose said as she looked over her desk, "No not really. My room is a blank white room where I usually just stand in a charging bay." Rose looked at the cyborg with a hint of pity. "...That's terrible.. Well you see that red angled thing over there?" she said, pointing at a chair, the cyborg looked over her shoulder with a mechanical wiz, "Yes, is that a chair?" she asked, Rose nods... Trident stood up and walked towards it, then sits down on it, "There ya go! That's a chair, usually anything that looks like that is a seat, I will explain other versions of seating later." she said. Poor thing must have never left that room after being made, let alone taught human behavior.

Goonfire Goonfire still watching fma still watching fma (take your time, i have work today so I might not be able to reply right away)

What convenient timing... Hanno was finishing a few tweaks to his new EVA suit’s heads-up display when someone demanded over the ship intercoms his presence. The way the three were called actually left him reeling in shock; it lacked the stern professionalism most commanders possessed. Few had ever referred to the pilot by his first name, usually rattling off ‘Staff Sergeant Knight’. At this point, it was too early to tell whether he should be afraid of this person or at ease, but he remained hopeful and set off to meet her.

Finding the Last Chance was easy for Hanno; it was the subject of much gossip, as was he for accepting the mission. Using his Eagle Pack, he maneuvered gracefully among the smaller dropships and maintenance drones surrounding the fleet, his thruster providing enough lift to reach the airlock of the scouting ship with ease. He was invited to enter, the airlock proving it was fully functional as he waited for it to run through the whole boarding process.

Once inside, it was a fairly straight shot to the office. Hanno knocked before entering. “Captain Ackerson?” he confirmed hesitantly. His right eyebrow twitched, resisting the urge to raise outright. The sight of an obvious Venusian Gifted educating an android on chairs was indeed an odd and unforgettable one.

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177

Rose looked to the door that opened when she said her last words to the android, "Yes that is me." she said as who she assumes is Hanno, stepped in wearing what looked like an old US Space suit, "Uh.. That's quite the hand-me-down..." she gestured to the suit, "..Well I didn't bring you here to criticize your outfit, take a seat and grab a file." she said, there was a stack of files a Triangle connecting the CIA, MI6 and FSS logos with the UCE symbol in the middle, showing that the file is very classified. "Read it, understand the situation and I'll explain more once Enver..Envar, WHATEVER, gets here.. Maybe then he can tell me how to pronounce that name of his." she stated, Trident stared at the new comer, she was mostly scanning his file, the android has a connection to the major ships database, she's a very special piece of equipment. "You have an interesting history with the military mister Knight." Trident blatantly said. "..Trident that's an invasion of privacy stop that!" Rose said, "Sorry! I didn't know." the android replied with surprisingly convincing sadness. The android looked down at her feet, "Geez this is like teaching a toddler to be human as it's 16 years old." the childish captain said to herself. She turned on her TV to avoid any awkward silence while they wait for the other person attending the scouting mission.
Goonfire Goonfire
still watching fma still watching fma (mentioned)

TCY4WCK.jpg

Enver stared at his mirror with hyper focused eyes, gripping the sides of his sink until his veins started to pop out. His mind was a blackhole and was being bombarded by an array gruesome deaths and outcomes. He saw himself being shot by military police, blown up in a small scouting ship, and being injured upon landing in a hostile system and being left to die. Although all of that would be interrupted by the sound of his voice being called out over the intercom. His hyper focused pupils dilated back to a normal state and his breathing became rhythmic once more. " Tch, it's fine. Remember what the doc told ya. Gratitude. hmm", he said to himself as he holstered a hand gun underneath his jacket and a knife inside a compartment in his boots. " I'm thankful to be breathing ya crazy old bat", he said while he made his stride toward the lady commander's office.

He scanned his surroundings and kept his eyes forward, bobbing and weaving through the many personnel on the HMS New England. His eyes latched onto the pristine chrome and the shine of the recently waxed floors. " so fucking sterile", he said under his breath as a pair of guards gave him a signal to halt. Luckily the clearance wasn't too high, so all he needed was his name badge to match his mug. "I don't know why they hired a dog like you, but you must be special to prance around like a slob", the guard said with a sneer. "Sticks and stones may break my bones....but words will always hurt me. Or something like that", Enver replied with a calm smile. " Now you fellas don't work to hard standing there, your feet might get owies".

A few moments later he was on the scout ship coming up from the elevator, eyes shining a sinister blue hue. "3 guards, 1 janitor, and 2 escape pods", he said as the elevator doors dinged. He nonchalantly smacked the side of a wall leading down the corridor toward the captain's office, leaving behind a micro device that bore into the wall. "Keep your hands to yourself, idiot". Enver laughed with his hands behind his head. "Sure sure mister tough guy". As the doors opened he felt the barrel of the rifle jammed into his back as he sauntered into the office. " Hello hello, how's it shaking "?

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177
Goonfire Goonfire

Hanno's jaw nearly dropped at the remark about his EVA suit. "No, ma'am, it only makes some nods to the old space suits," he started to proudly explain at a neck-breaking pace. "This one is packed with new tech and is much more flattering and flex-" He was cut off when his captain told him to grab a file. "Y-yes ma'am," he finally answered quietly, shuffling to the nearest seat and picking up a copy of the mission dossier. He couldn't quite tell if this paper was the real stuff made from wood pulp or that new plastic product that was nigh indistinguishable but didn't ruin when soaked.

Glancing around for a second, the pilot questioned, "Are more coming?" That was answered when someone else entered the room with an informal attitude. "Are there... still more coming?" He knew of the rumors surrounding System 18, none of which were savory. Sure, people went there and never came back, but perhaps such catastrophes were unrelated to the sector itself; as Hanno saw it, a million things could go wrong, but the chances of them actually happening were negligible. 'At least we have a squad and not a fireteam,' he thought to himself while crossing his legs.

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 still watching fma still watching fma

Rose looked over and glared, "Hold that thought Hanno" she said, losing her composure a little, "Get the FUCK off my ship!" she shouted at the guards, "Next time i see you on my damn ship I will use the rules i was given which was shooting anyone that isn't on the mission!" she shouted again as she quickly grabbed her large handcannon and slammed it on the desk, thankfully the guard ran off leaving them to their own. She clears her throat, "No I think this is everyone," she said and gestures to the file meant for Enver. "now read it while I explain some more details.." she said and flipped on a colorized hologram that appeared slightly above her desk, "Alright so, about.. maybe a week ago, we got a deep range transmission from System 18, yes the dead system we pretty much forgot about, funny thing is, most of the scouts that went there are either dead or living in other systems, it'd take time to find them and get their details on this matter, the details that would be given are most likely outdated and mean almost nothing for this mission. For now we only have the systems history, the scouting reports, and the incident that led to the systems blacklist." she said, the hologram played a video off a helmet cam from a CBRN soldier that was there for the major incident. For the first few minutes, everything seemed normal, besides the dead silence with only radio chatter, boot squeaks and clacking of guns breaking the silence. The team came up to the cafeteria and when the door opened, it opened to the majority of the scouting crew, dead. Their faces frozen in the expression of terror.

“This is Alpha one.. We found most of the crew.. It’s not good.” said the soldier who was seeing it, the squad moved in front of him to sweep, that’s when the soldier with the cam was tackled from behind, the camera switches to another soldier who quickly spun around and saw what was going on, the man who tackled the soldier was screaming and shouting completely out of his mind repeatedly striking the soldier in the back of the head, “GET OFF HIM!” the other soldier shouted as he quickly ran over and full steel toe kicked the man in the face, an audible “CRACK” could be heard as the mans nose was immediately broken, and was thrown into the hall where other soldiers quickly tackled the man and handcuff him.

“THE FLASHES, THE VOICES! MAKE IT STOP!” the man continued to shout in between screams. While the soldiers were looking away from the pile of bodies, it disappeared.. It was never there to begin with.. “..Where did..” the one with the cam began to say before the feed shut off. The hologram went dark but audio played afterwards, “Alpha 1 is reporting strange happenings on the ship.”, “Copy, get them out of there.”, there was a pause before the hologram showed an outside camera from a security ship, the camera was zoomed in on the ship, which soon imploded and then exploded. There were no survivors. “That’s the last thing we have on System 18 and anything related to it..” she said, “This mission is going to be rough, if not deadly, we might not even make it back. We’re only taking volunteers, well except Trident there..” she said and gestured to the android that was tweaking her wrist with a screwdriver. “When we enter the system this ship will shut down anything that would get picked up on a radar, and you’re all to be dead silent, which is why this comes with prototype cryogenic pods, Tridnet all you need to do is shut down.. Anyways, once we get to the planet with the strongest deep range signal we will land where we can, and make our way to the known communications station, they’re usually in or near cities. Expect bodies, expect wildlife.. Expect no human alive..” she stated and looked around, “Any questions?” she asked in general.

*Sorry that i took control of that guard but it was the only way for me to move on and acknowledge it in a fun way*
still watching fma still watching fma Goonfire Goonfire

Hanno’s eyes scanned from left to right, his attention jumping from the paragraphs to the imagery on the screen every now and then. It wasn’t until the violence escalated that he appeared to be gawking at the hologram more than the dossier. His eyebrows jumped up in response to the destruction of the ship. “People affected by psychosis, plus an implosion and then an explosion,” he reviewed. ”Captain, do you think that assault was meant to delay that team from discovering a bomb? Or perhaps someone was controlling that man?” At least the situation seemed better than some kind of ‘necromorph invasion’, he reckoned. Whatever the cause, he still wasn’t too shaken by tha task at hand. “No further questions,” he confirmed without looking back up from his papers.

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 still watching fma still watching fma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back